LAST DAY to save 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

Yep- I feel like the worst momma!
I got tired of being Jasmine's chew toy so yesterday I decided time for formula and a bottle. Yesterday she didn't fight me too much but today she acts like I am torturing her and will not take it.Plus everytime she cries I get a little more engorged.This pains me on so many levels... but seriously- I rather have 3 days of misery then 5 more months of being bitten and chewed and twisted. Course now she says Momma and it breaks my little heart to hear her crying " Momma Momma Momma! "

Renee

Chocolate Covered Cherry

{{{Hugs!!}}} Poor thing...you...not Jasmine! OUCH! LOLHopefully she'll catch onto the bottle soon!

Midge

Cherry Cropper

Hang in there! I hope things get better. {hugs}

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

My nipples hurt reading this!  Good luck Diana!  I am sure she will adjust quickly! 

Leeanna

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Ouchy!  Hang in there, be tough.

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

aww I am sorry LOVE YOU
Image \ ImageImage

scrappinchic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Just tell her not to bite.  Now that she knows you mean business you should see an improvement.Laura

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

I agree with Laura.  It is normal at this age to be curious, and look around when nursing.  I always firmly took them off, said "don't bite" and it soon stopped. 

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

It's not a recent behavior change, it has been 2 1/2  months of it. I've been firm, I've removed, I have even done the light slap on her mouth- but she still does it the next time I feed her.  I am sure she can feel the resentful feelings I have developed everytime it is time for her to nurse and I don't want her to think I have anything but absolute love for her. That is why this is so hard!My first baby, I went a whole year nursing every two hours ( even in the night ). It was HARD! Then my second one cut a tooth at 5 months and started to repeatedly to draw blood so I was SO done!This is my last baby so I hoped to do a whole year with her but the frustration and pain have finally won.

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

Diana, I totally support you honey and she will catch on to a bottle {especially if she gets hungry enough}...{{{{HUGS}}}}...I had to staop with Peyton, but it wasn't 'cause he was chewing it was just too exhausting trying to work full time, nurse, pump and then come home and take care of the rest of them!!! Wasn't fair to him or me...good luck!
Image~Angie~

loralye78

Sweet Cherry Pie

AWE...Hun its gonna get better!  I feel for you... 

LKappy

Cherry Garcia

There is nothing wrong with changing..she won't starve. She will get the hang of the bottle. Just hold her really close to you. No thanks on the chew toy!Hugs!

corriekate

Cherry Bomb

I stopped feeding Cody at 6 months not because he was biting but because I was tired of it, aNd he is turning out JUST FINE!  Hang in there...Be persistent!

Irocz7

Cherry Jubilee

I just had to say in a loud voice, "NO!" to my dd and she would cry.  Of course my son would laugh.  Both of my kids quit when I told htem to stop or pulled them off.  They only bit once or twice. 

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

Ouch!!  Good luck!!!

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

Ok, she took a bottle tonight with out any problems. We'll see what  happens later in the night. Funny girl... I wonder where she gets her stubborness? I was losing my mind for a few hours there first!!

FairyMouseMom

Cherry Addict

Sweetie, YOU have to do what is right for YOU.  Go with your gut feeling!

lizziej

Bowl Full of Cherries

You need to do what's best for you.  Good luck!

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

Ouch! I do'nt blame you!

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Awwww...glad to hear at least you'll get a break :)
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee