Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

twinsmom1

Cherry Cola

cycling or running?
ok ladies, i sooooooo need to get back in shape. i want to ride our river trail, but i have no bicycle. if you had a choice, would you buy a bicycle or just take up running? running does not bother me since i used to run at least 2 miles a day and 4 on fridays when i was in the army. i even continued after i got out. anyway, which would you do?????

Keling

Cherry Jubilee

cycling or running?
Walk/run... my knees are no good for cycling any more....

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

cycling or running?
I'd go with running but I would start by walking at first & then building up so you don't hurt yourself. I know I did.
ImageImage

bumblebby

Cherry Garcia

cycling or running?
It doesn't cost money to take up running outdoors. You could however, buy a treadmill for indoors when the weather is too bad outdoors. That way you would always be able to exercise.

Janell

Cherry Cola

cycling or running?
Running!  I am way into it (well walking right now with my HUGE pregnant belly) but every since I got an ipod nano I am loving it because they have these chips you can get that you put in your Nikes and it tracks how far you go and your speed and then you can download it on the computer etc.  You can ever time songs with your pace on the ipod.  It ROCKS!  It definitely put the spice into my running/walking routines.  Highly recommend it!http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/

dianagirly

Cherry Cropper

cycling or running?
I enjoy both but find my legs and butt look better cycling then they do when running. lol

twinsmom1

Cherry Cola

cycling or running?
if take up running again, i will need a new pair of running shoes and i can get a bicycle cheaper, but will need to transport it. decisions, decisions. that is cool about the ipod and the shoes, but i have a different type of mp3 player. it is similar to the shuffle, but holds more and has a screen so you can ee who is playing! i love it. and it is red! my fave color!!
ImageImageImage

stephfez

Cherry Bing

cycling or running?
love cycling - kiddos can do it too and great workout pulling the trailer or tag-a-long.
Stephanie

Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool Image

beachlover

Cherry Addict

cycling or running?
definitely bike, easier on the knees cause you're not pounding pavement!  sort of....
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

lkylaurenkay

Cherry Tart

cycling or running?
run Forrest, run..

Wendy-Gale

Bowl Full of Cherries

cycling or running?
I prefer walking but the bike is easier on the knees
Image 39 layouts in 2008 Image

davsar

Cherry Cola

cycling or running?
What about swimming???  It is an all over good for your body exercise.  Not sure where you live, but everywhere I've lived they either have a great high school pool or a community pool program that cost very little.

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

cycling or running?
I prefer biking, because running hurts my knee's.

Janell

Cherry Cola

cycling or running?
I like swimming too Davsar, but the chlorine is torture on the hair!!!!  Especially blondes like me

asset

Wild Cherry

cycling or running?
Ride a horse.   (I know, I'm a big help.) LOL
~Tessa

I'm not saying forget what you lost
I suppose there's a purpose in pain
What we make of ourselves has a cost
And it's paid every time we take hold of the reins

TheFiberLady

Chatty Cherry

cycling or running?
bicycle. you can see more that way

Flapdoodle

Chocolate Covered Cherry

cycling or running?
Walking is good. You could always take a long walk off a short pier!   

lindaone

Chocolate Covered Cherry

cycling or running?
luv you mel,the way you are
me and my angels

twinsmom1

Cherry Cola

cycling or running?
thanks linda! you are a sweetie!

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

cycling or running?
Well, you have probably figured out, that I love running!That said, as a fitness instructor, and a running coach, you need to find what you will stick with! Any exercise is better than none, so find anything you love and keep on doing it! And, as you get older, no matter what form of exercise you choose, Xtraining and flexibility become more of an issue...so mix it up.Start with walking/running, and add some Yoga or Pilates videos or classes...your hips and knees will thank you for it!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee