Get an extra 10% off everything with code FALL10
PLUS get a free $5 gift card with a $50 purchase with code FREE5

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Scrap a Day, October 23rd
emmapaige wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 10:00 am
I’m so sad to hear Barb’s mom isn’t doing well. Prayers for all.

i was tempted to place an order yesterday but i absolutely must use up more of my stash before bring anything else into this house.

We were going to schedule our updated Covid shots today but DH isn’t having a great day. Maybe tomorrow.
DH got his COVID booster this morning.  He is traveling by plane in a couple of weeks and wasn't taking any chances.  Not sure what I'm doing yet.  After the last one, I am really hesitant.

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

trainmom wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 10:14 am
Good morning. I was out of town in California visiting my sister for a few days. My husband was also traveling on business so we  both connected through Dallas and flew the last  flight together. This was good because we got home around 2am so I didn't have to take a cab by myself at that hour. He actually drove to the airport so it was much safer coming home that late as we have a gated parking space.

I had taken a break from my Fiji/Tonga album for the card challenges and then for this trip so I need to get back to it. I hope I can remember what I was thinking since I'm trying to make a somewhat consistent album.

Other than that, I think it's going to be really warm here today so I'd like to get outside.
Hope you had a wonderful visit with your sister.  I will see mine in 15 days.  It was a year in August since I've seen her.  :(   Awesome that you were able to connect and finish your journey with your DH. 

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Laura wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 10:24 am
Hello, Cherries! 

I've spent my morning in the kitchen and have birthday cakes in the oven!  As it happens, my son decided he just wanted a "sandwich bar" for his party food, so that means I actually have very little cooking to do, so . . . YAY ME!  Not that I would mind at all, but still -- it's so much easier to just lay things out and make them look pretty than to do all of that AFTER cooking!

It's going to be in the mid 70's today, so I'm going to shampoo the rugs.  Normally, I would do that sometime after a party, but it's going to be nice enough to throw all the windows open so I'm going to take advantage of that!

Have a great day ALL!
A sandwich party sounds fun!!  Happy Birthday to your son.

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 11:30 am
Just in from walking.  Haven't walked in a few days, so needed to get at it before that old autumn wind gets blowing. A little chilly out, but the sun is shining.  Need to throw myself in the shower next.  Thought I would drop in here and drink some water.

NO big plans for today.  I suppose I should send my spooky cards out since Halloween is next week.  It is creeping up very quickly.
DH is again driving for Avis this morning.  

Made some pumpkin muffins yesterday and the grands sure enjoyed them.  

Have a great day, all!
Yum!  Pumpkin muffins sound delish!

ImageImage

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 9:32 am
Good morning cherries, Brandy here for Barb today. Her mother isn't doing very well. Please keep Barb and her mother, and the rest of the family in your thoughts.

Did anybody take advantage of the FREE SHIP yesterday? I did! I just stocked up on cherry tape. The promo code sure did help because 4 rolls = $10 in shipping! I was tempted to buy other items but stayed in my own lane with the cherry tape. Saving up for my BIG purchase during their Epic Black Friday Sale! 😍

Nothing really exciting here except work has been quiet this week, so I've been able to concentrate and get some stuff done that I kept putting off. You know how that goes. DH's work this week has been on the quiet side too. Plus, in my free time (what little I do have), I'm still trying to find actual documentation of my 4th great-grandmother being the daughter of my 5th gg's (with the exception of geneology books listing her as such). The DAR application lady was hoping the actual marriage record would have shown her parents listed, but parents for both the bride and groom was left blank. 😑  How rude! Half-tempted to be mad at the person who recorded the marriage back in 1838. 😂 😂 Silly I know...but still. You had one job! 😂 😂  All we can do is keep looking....

Anywho...hope y'all have a great day.
Oh poor Barb and her mother and the family! :( I’ll be praying more for all of them. So very sad! 

Brandy, I’m glad that you and your DH are having quiet weeks! Especially both at the same time! Hope it continues for the whole week for both of you!

1 user liked this post:

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

trainmom wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 10:14 am
Good morning. I was out of town in California visiting my sister for a few days. My husband was also traveling on business so we  both connected through Dallas and flew the last  flight together. This was good because we got home around 2am so I didn't have to take a cab by myself at that hour. He actually drove to the airport so it was much safer coming home that late as we have a gated parking space.

I had taken a break from my Fiji/Tonga album for the card challenges and then for this trip so I need to get back to it. I hope I can remember what I was thinking since I'm trying to make a somewhat consistent album.

Other than that, I think it's going to be really warm here today so I'd like to get outside.

How fun to visit your sister! Glad you were able to fly back together. I wouldn’t have liked being alone in a cab at 2 am either!!! Enjoy the warm weather!

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

disneydarling wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 12:54 pm
Good morning. 

Prayers to Barb and her mom and family.  I really hope things get better.

Woke up all stuffed up today.  I dont know if it's allergies or a cold.  But I feel miserable.
I took meds and I"m hoping after I eat something I'll feel better.

I worked on a page last night.  Happy to have done something.  Not sure what I want to do tonight.  I put a roast in the crockpot this morning, so at least I don't have to worry about dinner.

work is an absolute circus.  No one wants to follow procedures and it's causing so many issues.  I'm on the 2nd floor with the owners / managers, so all I hear most of the morning is yelling about the production floor.  I'm glad I can hide in my office all day.  But it sure makes it tense around here.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Nothing worse than working in a negative atmosphere.  Stress is bad enough.

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 1:49 pm
Hey Cherries - I'm praying for everyone! 🍒❤️🙏😊
I'm STILL 🤧  fighting this cold. The show must go on though! *Grr* so I'm going to work in a few hours. I'm off tomorrow and REALLY ready for IT! 🤷‍♀️ I've been trying to tackle care of myself.
OH yes, I was SO TEMPTED to shop yesterday! (I DID add new things to my cart!) I'm TRYING to wait for Black Friday before I shop again- adulting and lack of space!
LOL! I'm nearly out of room for embellishments - AND paper!  🤷‍♀️I STILL want those new stencils and stamps, though, along with several more mixed media supplies. I used to have more room for storage and creating than I do now, though, and I tend to "forget" that sometimes! 😊 Anyway 😂 have a great day, Cherries! Stay blessed! 🍒❤️🙏

Hope that cold gets better soon!  I'm making a list for Black Friday too.

ImageImage

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

disneydarling wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 12:54 pm
Good morning. 

Prayers to Barb and her mom and family.  I really hope things get better.

Woke up all stuffed up today.  I dont know if it's allergies or a cold.  But I feel miserable.
I took meds and I"m hoping after I eat something I'll feel better.

I worked on a page last night.  Happy to have done something.  Not sure what I want to do tonight.  I put a roast in the crockpot this morning, so at least I don't have to worry about dinner.

work is an absolute circus.  No one wants to follow procedures and it's causing so many issues.  I'm on the 2nd floor with the owners / managers, so all I hear most of the morning is yelling about the production floor.  I'm glad I can hide in my office all day.  But it sure makes it tense around here.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Awww Wendy! I hope you feel better soon! Ugh on the work situation. Can you close the door and/or play some music? Drown them out… Roast in the crock pot sounds delicious. Hopefully you can relax and play tonight! 

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
I'm STILL 🤧  fighting this cold. The show must go on though! *Grr* so I'm going to work in a few hours. I'm off tomorrow and REALLY ready for IT! 🤷‍♀️ I've been trying to tackle care of myself.
OH yes, I was SO TEMPTED to shop yesterday! (I DID add new things to my cart!) I'm TRYING to wait for Black Friday before I shop again- adulting and lack of space!
LOL! I'm nearly out of room for embellishments - AND paper!  🤷‍♀️I STILL want those new stencils and stamps, though, along with several more mixed media supplies. I used to have more room for storage and creating than I do now, though, and I tend to "forget" that sometimes! 😊 Anyway 😂 have a great day, Cherries! Stay blessed! 🍒❤️🙏

I’m also waiting for the Black Friday sale… I need to get more foam tape and maybe more Nuvo Drop colors. Plus cardstock in different colors. :)  I tried to find something in the go kart or race car theme but no luck so I didn’t take advantage of the free shipping. I love the free shipping sales because it’s so expensive to get things here! :) 

Hope that cold goes away soon!!!

1 user liked this post:

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries! I finally feel like the big is gone but it set off the fibromyalgia and the muscles on my left side have been really knotting up. I too need to do more walking and stretching… don’t know why I don’t at least stretch some… Walking here will soon be a major production with all the bundling up I’d have to do… And if there’s snow and/or ice it’s way too treacherous for me since I have a tendency to fall in the stuff… 

Steve is in town for a follow up doctor appointment. We had a flat tire so he’s going to get that fixed and he’ll pick up the mattress for our bed in the house too. We’ve decided to move things like the coffee pot and some small appliances over so we can get up and start our days over there. With the mattress being here we might start sleeping there soon too. It’s much easier to get the house than to keep this cabin heated. So it will be a few months of transitioning. Once he gets the stove fixed and at least a sink or two working (even if it drains into a bucket) we can move in full time. We’re hoping that this will help us get more done faster. Time will tell!!! 

I need to get on my Christmas gift albums and order more pictures that I missed. That’s my goal for today, :) 

Hope you all have a good day!
1 user liked this post:

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Afternoon already. Jeez. I too was tempted by free shipping but tried not to succumb to temptation.    At quarter of ten my time last night I decided to order. I had 3 distress ink cubes and a waffle flower postal collage block die in there BUT I dilly dallied around so long thinking about it, the Waffle Flower die was out of stock by then so no order.  lol

my boys are coming to supper tonight but they are bringing pizza.  Also bringing a big suitcase so I can start packing.  I used to wander the country easily and freely, lol, but no more. Plan, plan, plan, and get anxious on every trip.  Whatever happened to my carefree frivolous youth.  And since Alleve is the strongest drug I ever take naturally I decline meds for calming down anxiety.  Crazy old bat that I am. 

Have a winsome Wednesday and delight in the little things. 

1 user liked this post:

wimom

Cherry Bomb

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 9:32 am
Did anybody take advantage of the FREE SHIP yesterday? I did! I just stocked up on cherry tape. The promo code sure did help because 4 rolls = $10 in shipping! I was tempted to buy other items but stayed in my own lane with the cherry tape. Saving up for my BIG purchase during their Epic Black Friday Sale! 😍
Yes, cute doggy stuff made me take advantage of the free shipping ... got some of the Carta Bella Best in Show and the Aall Create Santa's Pups ephemera. I had told myself I would wait until Black Friday to order since I just got a bunch of Pretty Little Studio stuff but then I just couldn't resist! 
1 user liked this post:
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Got home, did some chores, and then finished the BF 398 challenge! :)

2 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image         

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

GinniG wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 3:53 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
I’m also waiting for the Black Friday sale… I need to get more foam tape and maybe more Nuvo Drop colors. Plus cardstock in different colors. :)  I tried to find something in the go kart or race car theme but no luck so I didn’t take advantage of the free shipping. I love the free shipping sales because it’s so expensive to get things here! :) 

Hope that cold goes away soon!!!

It IS hard to resist the sales! 😂 
1 user liked this post:

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee