Get an extra 10% off everything with code FALL10
PLUS get a free $5 gift card with a $50 purchase with code FREE5

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

October progressive challenge Step 4
This is the final step of this challenge. Before proceeding, you should have completed step 3.
  • Add your journaling either by writing directly on your background or cut/punch a shape or journaling block from your leftover scraps and write on that. You may stamp a journaling block or cues onto the background or scrap if you would like.   If you don't have much too say, it is fine if your journaling is just a place or date but it is also fine to write a lot
  • Add embellishments as follows:
    • You may add any embellishments that are not made of paper- this includes fibers, ribbon, cloth, enamel, resin, wood, sequins, cork, metal
    • You may cut/fussy-cut/punch any type of embellishment out of the leftover scraps
    • You must add at least 1 embellishment  but you may add as many as you want
  • Adhere everything together if it is not already
Here is my example
I punched a tag from the reverse side of one of the scraps and journaled on that
My other embellishments are cloth flowers, resin flowers, and enamel dots

Rules:
  1. Post a picture of your finished layout in the gallery and link it into this thread by midnight on October 31. (The do not edit rule doesn't apply to this step, just do whatever is best for you)
  2. If you have any questions, ask in this thread. Chances are if you have a question, someone else has the same question. If I do not respond within 24 hours, or if you need the answer sooner, then send me a PM. 
  3. Combining is allowed according to the usual rules.
I hope you are happy with the finished project and enjoyed playing along. 

1 user liked this post:
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Re: October progressive challenge Step 4
Love it!

Are stickers considered embellishments not made of paper? 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Ooh....love it!  Thank you so much for this great challenge!
Laura
 Image    Image         

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2024 3:09 pm
Love it!

Some stickers we made of paper and feel like paper but some do not. Try to follow that guideline, but I won’t be coming to your house to touch your layout to check on it. 

Louise

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

trainmom wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2024 8:20 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
ove it!

Some stickers we made of paper and feel like paper but some do not. Try to follow that guideline, but I won’t be coming to your house to touch your layout to check on it.  

Image  ImageImageImageImage

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

trainmom wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2024 8:20 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Love it!

Good way to focus on puffy and chipboard stickers, then. You could come over to see LOL!  :lol:
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

Here's mine!
We're going places

I used a journaling card from the scraps and cut it down so it was just a small piece to tuck under my photo for the date.
For the embellishments I used varying flowers, enamel dots on the signpost and rhinestones on the map to show the ports we stopped at.

Great challenge with a lot of room for creativity! I always love these papers with large designs but then I am never sure how to use them. Thanks! I love how it turned out.
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage

FoxyStamping

Cherry Blossom

Love your page!  Great 4th step!  Going to look at what I have!
Sharon

FoxyStamping

Cherry Blossom

Here is mine.  I combined with the 2=4=6=8 challenge.  I love these progressive challenge.  I know I am going to get at least one page done in the month.  LOL  Thank you so much!

I hand wrote my journalling right on my background.  I used a date stamp. I added non-paper embellishments of ric-rac, buttons, & enamel dots.

Sharon

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

This is mine. I journalled directly on my paper because the black and white stripes were perfect. I used lots of puffy stickers and sequins. I sure hope I followed the directions this time!!

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

emmapaige wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2024 3:18 pm
This is mine. I journalled directly on my paper because the black and white stripes were perfect. I used lots of puffy stickers and sequins. I sure hope I followed the directions this time!!

Yes, you followed them fine. As I do this, I think I’m learning how to make the directions more clear also.

Louise

Mommyof5

Sweet Cherry Pie

YOU GOT ME with the any additional embellishments as long as it is not paper!! LOL
I had some paper flowers all ready to go!!  
Another reason that I LOVE  this challenge...you make us think outside of our tiny little boxes! 

I put away the paper flowers and instead, found some fabric ones.  
SO...all I added for my final step was: 
My journaling directly onto the page 
1 acrylic arrow
3 fabric flowers
2 fussy cut leaves from my scraps. 

I thought that I would add a whole lot more than I did...but I love it just the way it is!
I also used the Sketch with a Twist challenge for the placements, and will enter into that.  
Thank you so much for another FUN challenge! 

Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

My final layout.  I just love how this goes together in stages...thanks so much for this challenge!  I journaled on one of my paper "scraps." I added the flowers, the buttons, and the viewmaster reel (cardboard/plastic, not paper).

Laura
 Image    Image         

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

trainmom wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2024 10:03 am
This is the final step of this challenge. Before proceeding, you should have completed step 3.
  • Add your journaling either by writing directly on your background or cut/punch a shape or journaling block from your leftover scraps and write on that. You may stamp a journaling block or cues onto the background or scrap if you would like.   If you don't have much too say, it is fine if your journaling is just a place or date but it is also fine to write a lot
    • You may add any embellishments that are not made of paper- this includes fibers, ribbon, cloth, enamel, resin, wood, sequins, cork, metal
    • You may cut/fussy-cut/punch any type of embellishment out of the leftover scraps
Here is my example
I punched a tag from the reverse side of one of the scraps and journaled on that

Rules:
  1. Post a picture of your finished layout in the gallery and link it into this thread by midnight on October 31. (The do not edit rule doesn't apply to this step, just do whatever is best for you)
  2. If you have any questions, ask in this thread. Chances are if you have a question, someone else has the same question. If I do not respond within 24 hours, or if you need the answer sooner, then send me a PM. 

I get adding embellishments that are NOT paper and have a few I am using, but then you say that we can add embellishments cut/fussy cut/punched out of the left over scraps.  So, we are able to add both non paper and paper embellishments.  Help, am I reading too much into this?

ImageImage

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2024 8:44 pm
trainmom wrote:
Here is my example

Rules:
I get adding embellishments that are NOT paper and have a few I am using, but then you say that we can add embellishments cut/fussy cut/punched out of the left over scraps.  So, we are able to add both non paper and paper embellishments.  Help, am I reading too much into this?

You may use paper only if it is from those scraps. No other paper. Does that make sense?

Louise

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

trainmom wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2024 9:21 am
VickiR wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2024 8:44 pm
trainmom wrote:
Here is my example

Rules:
You may use paper only if it is from those scraps. No other paper. Does that make sense?

Yes, thanks!!

ImageImage

GayleChurches

Cherry Blossom

Here's mine.  I fussy cut all the flowers from my VB scrap.  The only non paper embellishment is the gem dots as the flower centers.  The journal spot was part of a paper strip earlier in the process.  I loved this challenge!  This is also being posted in the 2-4-6-8 challenge.

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

My finished LO using buttons, sequins and a journal tag behind the top photo.

Little Punkins
    ImageImage

ScrappyRN74

Sweet Cherry Pie

I added a journaling tag I cut from left over paper in the shape of the clipboard. I also added crayon and school days stickers and enamel dots for my embellishments.
Whatever you choose to do, leave tracks. That means don’t do it just for yourself. You will want to leave the world a little better for your having lived.” RBG

:) Trisha

ImageImageImageImage

MaganL

Cherry Picker

All of my embellishments are from the paper scraps except I added a button and enamel dots.

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee