Get an extra 10% off everything with code FALL10
PLUS get a free $5 gift card with a $50 purchase with code FREE5

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a day October 21
suewho372 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:00 am
Good Morning Cherries, 
Susan here, posting for Barb. She is with her Mom since around 3 am. She will check in with everyone later on. 

Happy Birthday to our sweet Pawprints ( Barb)!! 

Can you  believe that it is Monday already??  I was busy doing house stuff over the weekend so no creating fun stuff - oh well except I did have fun making a card!!! So that counts as creating!!! 
I am reorganizing a room and moving 2 skinny bookcases  from upstairs to downstairs ! They will house some of my art supplies and other crafty stuff.
i have 2 bigger bookcases now put together and in the ‘green’ room lol. So all my books etc are scattered around. Why does reorganizing look like a tornado??? lol! Do that was one of my weekend projects! 
I hope that all of you had a good weekend- or maybe your weekend starts today! 
Happy Monday! 

Oh Barb! I hope your mom is okay! Hugs and prayers for both of you!

I hope you’re able to enjoy your birthday today. Do you have any plans? 

Susan, I agree that organizing is like a tornado and seems to take forever to get finished. But when it’s done it’s so wonderful!!!

Hope work isn’t TOO bad this week! Have fun making your cards!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Birgit55 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:44 am
Sounds like you have a busy day planned with all that organizing and moving things around.  It will be so worth the effort once you're done.  I love reorganizing!! 
My plans for today are to do some hedge trimming at the church and then I get to go babysit my sweet little "C".  He is always the highlight of my days.  It's supposed to get up to 75 degrees today, woohoo!  It's been cool fall weather, waking up to a frost almost every morning, so I'm happy to have an Indian summer to enjoy. 
Happy birthday to you Barb!!

Oh how fun to spend time with “sweet little C!!!! And from frost to 75 degrees is a huge change in weather!!! Enjoy that beautiful Indian summer weather!!!
1 user liked this post:

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Laura wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 8:32 am
suewho372 wrote:
Good Morning Cherries, 
Susan here, posting for Barb. She is with her Mom since around 3 am. She will check in with everyone later on. 

Can you  believe that it is Monday already??  I was busy doing house stuff over the weekend so no creating fun stuff - oh well except I did have fun making a card!!! So that counts as creating!!! 
I am reorganizing a room and moving 2 skinny bookcases  from upstairs to downstairs ! They will house some of my art supplies and other crafty stuff.
i have 2 bigger bookcases now put together and in the ‘green’ room lol. So all my books etc are scattered around. Why does reorganizing look like a tornado??? lol! Do that was one of my weekend projects! 
Happy Monday! 
Good morning, Susan!

I hope all is OK with Barb and her mom.

I know your projects are a lot of work, but I'm sure it will all be fabulous when it's done!

I've got to work on a shopping list, and start cleaning the house for my son's birthday on Thursday!  I've still got to work on the menu/snack plans!  Party day at the house of Flasher!  If you wanna come, you're welcome!

Have a great day ALL!

Laura, happy birthday to your son!!! It would be awesome to attend one of your parties but it’s a bit too far for me to come. Lolol! :) I’m sure it will be fabulous!!! Have fun getting ready!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 9:35 am
BEST WISHES AND GOOD VIBES BEING SENT TO BARB & HER MOM TODAY....................

THE ONLY THING THAT HAPPENED FOR ME THIS WEEKEND (FRIDAY) WAS THEY FINISHED PUTTING IN THE FURNACE SINCE WE DIDN'T HAVE HEAT SINCE LAST SATURDAY................ BUT NOW WE HAVE WHEN WE NEED IT AND THE UNIT IS SUPER COOL LOOKING............... IT'S BY TRANE IF ANYONE HAS HEARD OF THEM.................. THE ONLY OTHER THING I DID WAS WORK ON A 5X7 CARD (OUT OF MY COMFY ZONE) IT'S THE FIRST ONE I MADE AND I THINK IT TURNED OUT GOOD............... I USED 1 OF MY NEW STAMP SETS FOR IT (PINE HOLIDAYS STAMP SET BY 49 & MARKET)................................. I LIKE THE STAMP SET CUZ IT COMES WITH DIES TO A BONUS SCORE...................... TODAY I'M WORKING ON ANOTHER 5X7 CARD WHICH I STARTED AT 5:25AM THIS MORNING............ I'LL GO BACK TO IT LATER WHEN I GET UP GOING BACK TO SLEEP FOR ME.......................... HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

HAPPY CRAFTING DC'S

VALERIE
YAY FOR A NEW HEATER VALERIE!!! THAT WILL KEEP YOUR HOUSE WARM FOR THE WINTER!!!! WELL DONE ON THE CARD MAKING! I LOVE TRYING NEW THINGS! HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD NAP!!! :)

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

emmapaige wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 10:38 am
Sending positive thoughts to Barb and her mom.

Nothing going on here. DH is doing laundry. He calls it his therapy. I hope to finish a layout I started yesterday. 

I love it Chris! Laundry is his therapy! If I ask mine will help with the laundry but it’s definitely NOT his favorite thing to do! Lol! 

Have fun scrapping!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 10:48 am
Morning cherries! Another Monday, another work week. Broke routine a bit this morning, well, actually, Miss Penny Lane broke routine! LOL. When I go on my morning walks, it's usually still dark out and everyone is snoozing away after breakfast. But today, Miss Penny pushed her way out the door with me. Without being asked either. So I came back inside and grabbed her leash. She made it farther than she has before and she even saw a friend! She saw "Sweet Pea" and her owner (they live behind us). Penny went about 3 blocks, then she whined and started wanting to go back, which we did. Boy was she excited to go home and see her sisters and Daddy! I figured Shelby might want to go too, so I grabbed her harnesh and she knew exactly what was up. She did good too, sniffing around and on her way home, she saw our neighbor from across the street. Shelby, too, went farther she usually does and even went 6 blocks until we turned around and headed home.

She was super stoked to come home and then I figured I'd try Jasmine. Usually they go together, but lately, its difficult with Jasmine's vision issues. But I wanted to give her a chance to TRY. Took us quite a while and she didn't go very far, but she got see our neighbor next door leave for work, so she was happy about that. I also didn't change our route, so she could *maybe* at least smell Shelby and Penny. We were back home rather quickly, but it's all good.

I've unloaded the dishwasher, got doggie blankets in the dryer. Still need to vacuum the living room and dust ceiling fans. I then contacted the Indiana State Library regarding my 4th gg marriage record. They are listed in the index, which is proof that a marriage record does exist. The lady who is assisting me with my DAR application is wanting the actual record in hopes that is shows the parents of my 4th great-grandmother. If so, then it'll link her to my 5th gg, which already link up to my 6th great grandfather. So basically their marriage record is what is holding things up. Hopefully I'll hear back from them by Wednesday - if not, I'll give them another call. They did say these requests usually take 2-3 days.

Anywho...I need to get started on work. A late start for me since I took 3 separate walks. None of them long enough, but I'm sure if you add them up on top of making sure they stay on track, was enough exercise. LOL.

Have a great day.
How sweet that each of your fur babies wanted to walk with you even though they couldn’t go as far! I bet they like getting to see friends and smell everything. Our Baxter loved sniffing the ground on his walks. Nose down, tail up and tugging at the leash! Hahaha!!! 

Hope you’re having a good day!!!

1 user liked this post:

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 2:01 pm
Boy you folks are so busy and energetic mornings.  Not my jam-lethargic and slow moving before lunch, that’s me. But I leave for Florida Friday evening for 3 weeks at DD’s and the grandkids so I too have a to do list today!  lol

ordered all the cats food, canned, catnip crunchy treats and her lil soup gravy lol. Made a nice neat feed her this at this time schedule for the neighbor who will b feeding her.  lol. One spoiled old gal kitty!  

Then called the Opthamologist to give them grief for not ok-ing the refill on one of my Rx’s when I called it in last week on Tuesday.  So hopefully that will get done today and I can add picking that up to my errands for Wednesday.  That’s my go to post office and put hold on mail day and then bank for trip cash day. lol.  Also empty and clean fridge day cause garbage pickup is Thursday.   Suitcases out and on guest room bed by Thursday to start packing. Laundry that day as well. 

wonder whatever happened to my DH and I deciding at last minute to head to the coast for a couple days and just grabbing bare necessities and taking off.  Sigh. lol.  Oh well guess I’m grateful to still being able to travel at all. 

have a Merry Monday and stay loose

I’m with you Charleneanne!!! I have to be up for awhile before I can even think about doing anything! I can be up half the night though! I’m definitely not a morning person!!! 

And it’s good that you can still travel! The older we get the harder it is! Sounds like a busy week ahead. Enjoy it and hope you get everything done quickly and easily!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

disneydarling wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 3:31 pm
suewho372 wrote:
Good Morning Cherries, 

Sending hugs and prayers for Barb's Mom!

And a very Happy Birthday to Barb!  I hope you find time to relax and enjoy your day.

Today has not been a good day at work.  I am so ready to go home!

We took DGD to the zoo yesterday - I could not believe how crowded it was, but it was a gorgeous day!  We had a lot of fun, but it did not help the issue with my hip.  Now the pain is starting to move down my thigh and not so much in the hip.  I'm wondering if I just stretched a muscle or something.  

I am so exhausted.  I'd like to say I'm going to be productive tonight, but I could seriously just fall asleep here at my desk..

Have a great day! 

Oh Wendy! I hope your hip and leg heal quickly! And I hope it’s nothing serious. Hopefully you can get some sleep tonight. Hugs and prayers for you too!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hi Cherries! I’m dragging this morning! Feeling a lot better thankfully. I had a slight fever after dinner but no sign of any symptoms so far today. I started to get up at 9 and Steve came in and laid down with me. Next thing I knew it was almost 11!!!! I got up and now it’s almost 12:30 and he’s still sleeping! He does get up early and lets the birds out and feeds them. Lol! 

We had our first frost on the windshield last night. I’m SOOOOOO not ready for that weather yet! It’s pretty early for us. But the weather has definitely switched to 30s and 40s… In fact on Wednesday we’re not even supposed to make it to 40 for a high!!! Oh well. Nothing we can do but be as ready as we can be. I’ll be SOOOO glad to get into our house! I think we can really make it this year. If not by thanksgiving then at least by Christmas!!!

I’ve got to order more pictures for the grandsons’ albums. Need to get those started! And I have albums for all the layouts thar still need one. Hopefully I can get started on at least one of those projects today!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

suewho372

Wild Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 2:01 pm
Boy you folks are so busy and energetic mornings.  Not my jam-lethargic and slow moving before lunch, that’s me. But I leave for Florida Friday evening for 3 weeks at DD’s and the grandkids so I too have a to do list today!  lol

ordered all the cats food, canned, catnip crunchy treats and her lil soup gravy lol. Made a nice neat feed her this at this time schedule for the neighbor who will b feeding her.  lol. One spoiled old gal kitty!  

Then called the Opthamologist to give them grief for not ok-ing the refill on one of my Rx’s when I called it in last week on Tuesday.  So hopefully that will get done today and I can add picking that up to my errands for Wednesday.  That’s my go to post office and put hold on mail day and then bank for trip cash day. lol.  Also empty and clean fridge day cause garbage pickup is Thursday.   Suitcases out and on guest room bed by Thursday to start packing. Laundry that day as well. 

wonder whatever happened to my DH and I deciding at last minute to head to the coast for a couple days and just grabbing bare necessities and taking off.  Sigh. lol.  Oh well guess I’m grateful to still being able to travel at all. 

have a Merry Monday and stay loose

I hope that you get your prescript figured out before you leave! Ugh!
Great thinking on the all of the kitty instructions and having all her favs!! So sweet!
I am definitely an early bird.... but can't stay awake very late  :lol:
love the plans for every day to get all the boxes checked!
Susan

suewho372

Wild Cherry

disneydarling wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 3:31 pm
suewho372 wrote:
Good Morning Cherries, 

Sending hugs and prayers for Barb's Mom!

And a very Happy Birthday to Barb!  I hope you find time to relax and enjoy your day.

Today has not been a good day at work.  I am so ready to go home!

We took DGD to the zoo yesterday - I could not believe how crowded it was, but it was a gorgeous day!  We had a lot of fun, but it did not help the issue with my hip.  Now the pain is starting to move down my thigh and not so much in the hip.  I'm wondering if I just stretched a muscle or something.  

I am so exhausted.  I'd like to say I'm going to be productive tonight, but I could seriously just fall asleep here at my desk..

Have a great day! 
oh- I am sorry that it is not a good day at work- I have lots of those.... so I hope it is better before you leave.  Be kind to yourself tonight, and if you don't feel like being productive, take it easy. hugs! 
I am sorry about your hip too-- that doesn't help! but I am glad that you had a good time and weather. hopefully some great shots to scrap!
Have a good evening!!

Susan

suewho372

Wild Cherry

GinniG wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:02 pm
suewho372 wrote:
Good Morning Cherries, 

Happy Monday! 

Oh Barb! I hope your mom is okay! Hugs and prayers for both of you!

I hope you’re able to enjoy your birthday today. Do you have any plans? 

Susan, I agree that organizing is like a tornado and seems to take forever to get finished. But when it’s done it’s so wonderful!!!

Hope work isn’t TOO bad this week! Have fun making your cards! 
Hi Ginni!!!

Yes, it is a tornado, and I am just finally getting an idea of what I want to do in this house! I have had the new bookshelves for over a year but just didn't put them together until now  :rolleyes:  but sometimes it takes some time.  Change is not easy.  Then there is the whole time issue.... ugh!!  
I am done with cards, i just had that one to make yesterday! Thank you!
I hope you have a great week too!! 

Susan

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 10:48 am
Morning cherries! Another Monday, another work week. Broke routine a bit this morning, well, actually, Miss Penny Lane broke routine! LOL. When I go on my morning walks, it's usually still dark out and everyone is snoozing away after breakfast. But today, Miss Penny pushed her way out the door with me. Without being asked either. So I came back inside and grabbed her leash. She made it farther than she has before and she even saw a friend! She saw "Sweet Pea" and her owner (they live behind us). Penny went about 3 blocks, then she whined and started wanting to go back, which we did. Boy was she excited to go home and see her sisters and Daddy! I figured Shelby might want to go too, so I grabbed her harnesh and she knew exactly what was up. She did good too, sniffing around and on her way home, she saw our neighbor from across the street. Shelby, too, went farther she usually does and even went 6 blocks until we turned around and headed home.

She was super stoked to come home and then I figured I'd try Jasmine. Usually they go together, but lately, its difficult with Jasmine's vision issues. But I wanted to give her a chance to TRY. Took us quite a while and she didn't go very far, but she got see our neighbor next door leave for work, so she was happy about that. I also didn't change our route, so she could *maybe* at least smell Shelby and Penny. We were back home rather quickly, but it's all good.

I've unloaded the dishwasher, got doggie blankets in the dryer. Still need to vacuum the living room and dust ceiling fans. I then contacted the Indiana State Library regarding my 4th gg marriage record. They are listed in the index, which is proof that a marriage record does exist. The lady who is assisting me with my DAR application is wanting the actual record in hopes that is shows the parents of my 4th great-grandmother. If so, then it'll link her to my 5th gg, which already link up to my 6th great grandfather. So basically their marriage record is what is holding things up. Hopefully I'll hear back from them by Wednesday - if not, I'll give them another call. They did say these requests usually take 2-3 days.

Anywho...I need to get started on work. A late start for me since I took 3 separate walks. None of them long enough, but I'm sure if you add them up on top of making sure they stay on track, was enough exercise. LOL.

Have a great day.

You did have a lot of walks with the doggies!! I'm fascinated with your DAR application and historical family histories. I'm only 1st generation American on my mother's side and 3rd on my father's side!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

So the Mets (and the Jets!) lost last night. Boohoo! The fan in me is sorry we're not going to the World Series but the employee in me is relieved that I'm off until March LOL! It would have been nice to go to the WS but who even expected them to get as far as they did. This was supposed to be "a rebuilding season." In any case...today I was up early when DH left. I sometimes go back to sleep but I have so many manuscripts/deadlines piling up, I'm going to have to put in more morning hours, now that I don't have to go to work at 5pm or later! As for scrappy stuff - I finished a page and cleaned my table up. I uploaded step 3 of the progressive challenge. And I scheduled 3 vaccines for tomorrow morning at Walgreens - flu, covid, and shingles (I had shingles once and it was awful!). So little by little I am tackling my list of things I said I'd do when baseball season ended ROFL!!!  :biggrin:
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Weather is gorgeous (definitely our Indian Summer....I know that's not a politically correct term anymore, but don't know a new one).  I got home, enjoyed some time on my deck, and then came in to scrap this layout for the Sketch with a Twist. :)

1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image         

suewho372

Wild Cherry

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 5:09 pm
So the Mets (and the Jets!) lost last night. Boohoo! The fan in me is sorry we're not going to the World Series but the employee in me is relieved that I'm off until March LOL! It would have been nice to go to the WS but who even expected them to get as far as they did. This was supposed to be "a rebuilding season." In any case...today I was up early when DH left. I sometimes go back to sleep but I have so many manuscripts/deadlines piling up, I'm going to have to put in more morning hours, now that I don't have to go to work at 5pm or later! As for scrappy stuff - I finished a page and cleaned my table up. I uploaded step 3 of the progressive challenge. And I scheduled 3 vaccines for tomorrow morning at Walgreens - flu, covid, and shingles (I had shingles once and it was awful!). So little by little I am tackling my list of things I said I'd do when baseball season ended ROFL!!!  :biggrin:

Well I was just wondering earlier today how the games went and if you would have to work more long hours. How is your back? 
well sorry for the extra morning work - I’m a morning person! Lol 
way to go on getting step 3 completed! Whoo on tackling 3 vaccines at once! I did my Covid and flu shot at the same time this year with no problem! I can’t remember if I got the shingles one- I need to if I didn’t - I know it’s super painful!  
look at you go!!! Good luck tomorrow!
Susan

suewho372

Wild Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:14 pm
Weather is gorgeous (definitely our Indian Summer....I know that's not a politically correct term anymore, but don't know a new one).  I got home, enjoyed some time on my deck, and then came in to scrap this layout for the Sketch with a Twist. :)

Laura- I don’t know what the new term is. It was beautiful today here too. Glad you got to enjoy a bit of the afternoon! Your layout is gorgeous! Love the mixed media work on it- spectacular!
Susan

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

suewho372 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:22 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 5:09 pm

Well I was just wondering earlier today how the games went and if you would have to work more long hours. How is your back? 
well sorry for the extra morning work - I’m a morning person! Lol 
way to go on getting step 3 completed! Whoo on tackling 3 vaccines at once! I did my Covid and flu shot at the same time this year with no problem! I can’t remember if I got the shingles one- I need to if I didn’t - I know it’s super painful!  
look at you go!!! Good luck tomorrow! 

No more Mets games for any of us this year. There might be a soccer game and there is a Dominican League baseball game scheduled but I'm not going to put in for those. It's too cold and I have way too many manuscripts! My back is better than it was - mostly healed. It's still a little achy if I sit / stand / lie down too long. 

I'm a morning person too but he leaves at 6am and that's still a little early for me LOL but I need to get all this done by the deadlines. I'd rather work in the morning and veg out with the TV and cross-stitching at night LOL!

As for the shots - I have a 10:30 appt at the pharmacy and need to run some errands. If I'm not going to be walking around a stadium a few times a week, I need to get steps another way! ;) 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

suewho372 wrote:
Good Morning Cherries, 

Happy Monday! 

Happy Birthday to Barb!  I am glad she is able to be with her Mom.  I know what you mean about reorganizing looking like a tornado.I have had that problem, too!  lol
Laura
 Image    Image         

Birgit55~Chickadee

Cherry Berry

GinniG wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:32 pm
Hi Cherries! I’m dragging this morning! Feeling a lot better thankfully. I had a slight fever after dinner but no sign of any symptoms so far today. I started to get up at 9 and Steve came in and laid down with me. Next thing I knew it was almost 11!!!! I got up and now it’s almost 12:30 and he’s still sleeping! He does get up early and lets the birds out and feeds them. Lol! 

We had our first frost on the windshield last night. I’m SOOOOOO not ready for that weather yet! It’s pretty early for us. But the weather has definitely switched to 30s and 40s… In fact on Wednesday we’re not even supposed to make it to 40 for a high!!! Oh well. Nothing we can do but be as ready as we can be. I’ll be SOOOO glad to get into our house! I think we can really make it this year. If not by thanksgiving then at least by Christmas!!!

I’ve got to order more pictures for the grandsons’ albums. Need to get those started! And I have albums for all the layouts thar still need one. Hopefully I can get started on at least one of those projects today!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!
I hope you're still symptom free, Ginni!  Your body probably need that extra bit of rest.  Glad you got to sleep in a bit. 

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee