Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Baseball Playoffs!
Anyone watching?  I am, especially the American league.  I grew up with the Pirates, lived in Baltimore with the Orioles for 17 years and near the Yankees for 10.  I have to say I'm still a Yankee fan at heart.  You either love them or hate them.  They are truly a class act and I admire that they look like professionals.
1 user liked this post:
    ImageImage

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Re: Baseball Playoffs!
Let's go Guardians!  ⚾️
2 users liked this post:
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Laura wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:49 pm
Let's go Guardians!  ⚾️
LOL!  I knew that would get a rise out of you Cleveland fans!!

2 users liked this post:
    ImageImage

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

VickiR wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:45 pm
Anyone watching?  I am, especially the American league.  I grew up with the Pirates, lived in Baltimore with the Orioles for 17 years and near the Yankees for 10.  I have to say I'm still a Yankee fan at heart.  You either love them or hate them.  They are truly a class act and I admire that they look like professionals.

Glad everyone enjoys baseball, but fall is football season for me!  I really HATE that the sports seasons overlap so much, now. 
1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image         

hsblair

Cherry Bomb

Yes!! Big Dodgers fan here! It’s the big reason I’m not getting anything else done around here… 
2 users liked this post:
Image Image Image Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Once the Phillies fell apart, I lost interest.
1 user liked this post:
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'm not a baseball fan - especially on TV.  It can get quite boring.  Sometimes I'll watch it if someone else is watching.

I used to be a HUGE NFL fan.  I'd bring my scrappy stuff into the dining room on Sundays and Mondays and watch the games while I was scrapping.  Then we moved up here and didn't even have electricity for almost 2 months!  We would go to the library parking lot where we could connect to the internet and had a cell signal and take care of things then come back home.  LOL!  We didn't get our own internet for about a year and then it was very limited and not very good.  I think it was almost 2 years before we finally got the HughesNet dish.  Now we have unlimited internet through the local electric company (VERY expensive but we really use it!) and we don't have slow downs or pauses or anything.  :)

Then the players started kneeling and all that nonsense and it really upset me.  And so I didn't watch much anymore.  Now I'll watch the Thursday night games if I'm home and remember.  I used to be a Redskins fan but they changed the name and they were constantly losing so I really lost interest.  It seems to be much better now so I'm glad that I can still occasionally watch a game and enjoy it.  But never like I used to.
1 user liked this post:

rkokes

Cherry Blossom

I am originally from Minnesota-so a Twins fan.  We also like to watch the Astros. 

We live in Colorado, but who wants to be depressed by watching the Rockies?  Yikes.

Anyway, without any of my teams left in it, I have moved on to football.  :)
1 user liked this post:
Image  Image  Image  Image Image

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Huge Dodgers fan here!  My Dad grew up when they  were still in Brooklyn and continued on as a fan when they moved to LA.  I was a huge Daddy's Girl - so anything he liked, I liked by default.  I grew up during Fernandomania (was born in '81) and have followed along since I can remember.  I feel close to my Dad when I watch games now... so even though he has passed, we still share that!

I think we are heading back to LA so we can clinch our trip to the World Series in front of the home team since COVID kept us from that in 2020!

Go BLUE!!  Go Dodgers!!!
1 user liked this post:
Rebecca

Nana01

Sweet Cherry Pie

I watch baseball with my mom. She is 93 and we started to watch it with the TV muted. She says "the men announcers really have nothing to say" ha ha, We love football too so when the games overlap, she is ready to watch football saying she is tired of baseball. 
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

ImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Nana01 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:32 am
I watch baseball with my mom. She is 93 and we started to watch it with the TV muted. She says "the men announcers really have nothing to say" ha ha, We love football too so when the games overlap, she is ready to watch football saying she is tired of baseball. 
This made me chuckle.  My father in law always watched sports on mute.  He had no time for any commentary.

ImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee