Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Scrap a Day, October 18th
Hey Cherries. Going for my flu shot today then later I’m going to DD’s to go to Trunk or Treat with the kids. In between going to try and get some things done around this house. 

Hope you all have a great day. 
1 user liked this post:

ImageImage Image Image  

wendycrowe

Cherry Bing

Re: Scrap a Day, October 18th
Good morning!  TGIF!!

Yestrday was a busy day.  Took Jason on another college visit.  It went very well.  He really like it and what they have to offer.  And he loves that it's close to home - less than an hour away.  We have one more to look into and that one is only 20 minutes away.  I know he does not want to go too far from home.

We did a lot of walking on the tour and a lot of standing around.  For some reason my hip was really hurting.  I had a hard time sleeping last night. I couldn't get comfortable.  It didn't help that Penny kitty wanted more space on the bed at my feet...lol.

I worked on a few challenges last night.  So I felt productive.  We also had a very late lunch so I didnt have to cook anything for dinner.  
Football game tonight, so another night of no cooking.  I wish I could say that's a good thing, but takeout is just so expensive.  But by the time we get out of the game, it's almost 10pm.  

I need to create a game plan for the weekend.  I need to do something productive - other than challenges...lol

Have a great day!

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:55 am
Hey Cherries. Going for my flu shot today then later I’m going to DD’s to go to Trunk or Treat with the kids. In between going to try and get some things done around this house. 

Have fun Trunk or Treating with the kiddos, Barb! ☺️

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Brrr it’s cold here.  Temps dropped from above average the last 3-4 weeks to below average almost overnight and a strong north wind blowing as well.  Wind so strong last night I had to close windows.  Only one I left open a few inches was in my bedroom.  I can’t sleep with all the windows closed.  I need a bit of fresh air year round.  My DH used to say I was a bit nuts!  Lol

staying home and cleaning today.  Boring but necessary. And stuff going on all weekend.  My sons have been deer hunting all this week but not sure when they’ll b home so probably won’t see them till dinner next week. 

anyhow have a fun Friday
1 user liked this post:

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

disneydarling wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 11:01 am
Good morning!  TGIF!!

Yestrday was a busy day.  Took Jason on another college visit.  It went very well.  He really like it and what they have to offer.  And he loves that it's close to home - less than an hour away.  We have one more to look into and that one is only 20 minutes away.  I know he does not want to go too far from home.

We did a lot of walking on the tour and a lot of standing around.  For some reason my hip was really hurting.  I had a hard time sleeping last night. I couldn't get comfortable.  It didn't help that Penny kitty wanted more space on the bed at my feet...lol.

I worked on a few challenges last night.  So I felt productive.  We also had a very late lunch so I didnt have to cook anything for dinner.  
Football game tonight, so another night of no cooking.  I wish I could say that's a good thing, but takeout is just so expensive.  But by the time we get out of the game, it's almost 10pm.  

I need to create a game plan for the weekend.  I need to do something productive - other than challenges...lol

Have a great day!

Hey Wendy ☺️ Totally cool that Jason liked the college yesterday! Sorry to hear that you started hurting though! 
Yay for getting challenges done! ☺️ Lol good luck being productive! ☺️

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:42 pm
Brrr it’s cold here.  Temps dropped from above average the last 3-4 weeks to below average almost overnight and a strong north wind blowing as well.  Wind so strong last night I had to close windows.  Only one I left open a few inches was in my bedroom.  I can’t sleep with all the windows closed.  I need a bit of fresh air year round.  My DH used to say I was a bit nuts!  Lol

staying home and cleaning today.  Boring but necessary. And stuff going on all weekend.  My sons have been deer hunting all this week but not sure when they’ll b home so probably won’t see them till dinner next week. 

anyhow have a fun Friday

Fresh air is nice! Somewhere in Europe they believe that fresh air is essential all year round - Sweden maybe? 🤔 I can't place it now. 
Anywho, yay for cooler weather for you, CharleneAnne! I hope your cleaning goes well! 😊 Enjoy your Friday!

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊 
I'm sicker than I have been in the past few days. I feel so lousy I called in again today. Throat on fire, feverish again, JUST ugh! I'm a crybaby lol I JUST want to feel better! 
I got out of bed for a little while. 🤷‍♀️ I finished the art journal last night and need to get photos and get it back in the mail! I'm excited to share it with the next Cherries in line! (Susan!) 😊 I JUST wish I felt good enough to take it to the post office today! 🤷‍♀️
Anyway, I'm just resting and gonna send DGD to the store to get more cold meds. I've ran out 🙄
Stay blessed Cherries! 🍒 ❤️☺️

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:

Sounds like a fun day Barb! Enjoy!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

disneydarling wrote:
Good morning!  TGIF!!

Have a great day!

Glad Jason liked the college Wendy! Hope his team wins tonight. Is he playing now? Joe you can be productive but completing challenges is always a boost for me!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:

anyhow have a fun Friday

What a switch in temps Charleneanne! Strange weather everywhere! Hope your sons have a successful hunt! 

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 1:01 pm
Hey Cherries 😊 
I'm sicker than I have been in the past few days. I feel so lousy I called in again today. Throat on fire, feverish again, JUST ugh! I'm a crybaby lol I JUST want to feel better! 
I got out of bed for a little while. 🤷‍♀️ I finished the art journal last night and need to get photos and get it back in the mail! I'm excited to share it with the next Cherries in line! (Susan!) 😊 I JUST wish I felt good enough to take it to the post office today! 🤷‍♀️
Anyway, I'm just resting and gonna send DGD to the store to get more cold meds. I've ran out 🙄

Oh no! Get well SOON Holly!!! GlD you got the journal done! Get some rest and drink fluids! And get some Mucinex DM. It’ll clear up that cold in no time! Hugs!
1 user liked this post:

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hi Cherries!

How in the world are we just 13 days from the end of the month??!! Crazy how fast time is flying these days!

I’m dragging a bit today but I’m good. Just dealing with the normal fibromyalgia symptoms. I’ve been doing so well but it just snuck up on me. So I’ll go over to the house and at least keep Steve company. 

I REALLY want to go to town and pick up packages. But we haven’t gotten our text messages saying they’re at the UPS carrier yet so we will have to wait until tomorrow. My living room and bedroom lamps are here!!! So are the parts to fix my dryer, all the albums and refills I ordered and a few other normal things. I’ve waited a long time for the lamps!!!

I finished my layout last night. And got the mock-up for my Christmas cards done. They’re going to be just as I imagined they would be!!! I’m so glad! I just have to wait for the card blanks to come in. Soon! Meanwhile I can print and cut the images and address the envelopes. Plus work on the grandsons albums and put layouts into albums at the house. I feel like I’m actually finishing things I’ve had on my mind for awhile. It will be nice to start the new year better organized and with projects finished on time!

It’s supposed to be stormy this weekend. It’s definitely cooled off. No freezes yet but it won’t be long. There’s snow about 200 miles away… Won’t be long before we start getting some on the mountains. 

Hope you’re all having a great day!!! 
1 user liked this post:

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

pawprints wrote:

I got my flu shot a couple weeks ago, and man...that nurse bruised the crap out of my arm!  It didn't really hurt much, but she said "oh, you are hydrated.  This is the first teacher today who had blood..."  What the heck?  I never had a bruise (the size of a small apple) on my arm before.  smh  It is just now disappearing.  Sigh...

Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

disneydarling wrote:
Good morning!  TGIF!!

Have a great day!

Walking causes me some hip pain, too.  I usually find it is one of two things (besides getting older):  I carried a heavier bag on one side, throwing off my gait, or I wore the wrong shoes.  smh  I hope you are pain-free now!

Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Charleneanne wrote:

anyhow have a fun Friday
Nope, you aren't nuts!  We older women are hot-blooded! ;)  I finally turned off the fan in my bedroom 2 nights ago when the low hit 37 degrees. LOL  Our furnace didn't even kick on the first night, because we have it set at 70 degrees and 67 at night.  DH is sleeping with a thick blanket, and I am still just using the sheet and the thin, top blanket. :)

Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 1:01 pm
Hey Cherries 😊 
Aww...I hate that you don't feel well. Keep hydrating, drink some hot, honey tea (for your throat), and take some ibuprofen or Tylenol!

1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

GinniG wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:39 pm
Hi Cherries!

How in the world are we just 13 days from the end of the month??!! Crazy how fast time is flying these days!

I’m dragging a bit today but I’m good. Just dealing with the normal fibromyalgia symptoms. I’ve been doing so well but it just snuck up on me. So I’ll go over to the house and at least keep Steve company. 

I REALLY want to go to town and pick up packages. But we haven’t gotten our text messages saying they’re at the UPS carrier yet so we will have to wait until tomorrow. My living room and bedroom lamps are here!!! So are the parts to fix my dryer, all the albums and refills I ordered and a few other normal things. I’ve waited a long time for the lamps!!!

I finished my layout last night. And got the mock-up for my Christmas cards done. They’re going to be just as I imagined they would be!!! I’m so glad! I just have to wait for the card blanks to come in. Soon! Meanwhile I can print and cut the images and address the envelopes. Plus work on the grandsons albums and put layouts into albums at the house. I feel like I’m actually finishing things I’ve had on my mind for awhile. It will be nice to start the new year better organized and with projects finished on time!

It’s supposed to be stormy this weekend. It’s definitely cooled off. No freezes yet but it won’t be long. There’s snow about 200 miles away… Won’t be long before we start getting some on the mountains. 

Yay for getting scrappy stuff done and boo for stormy weather!  I hope you don't have snow this early...lots to do, still! :)

1 user liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Hi, cherries!  I apologize for not commenting on these daily posts, much.  These past 2 weeks have been kicking my butt....busy, busy, busy!  TGIF!  I am so tired tonight, and DH is getting pizza, like we do most Fridays.  The Fall weather is gorgeous, but it is too chilly to be out on my deck, so I am chilling here by my computer with a glass of wine. :)
2 users liked this post:
Laura
 Image    Image         

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

GinniG wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 3:39 pm
Hi Cherries!

Hey that's awesome that you've been getting so much done! I get the fibromyalgia, too, though- it's rough to not feel well, and ESPECIALLY when there's things to do. I hope you're giving yourself some time to rest, too! 🍒❤️☺️

1 user liked this post:

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:20 pm
Hi, cherries!  I apologize for not commenting on these daily posts, much.  These past 2 weeks have been kicking my butt....busy, busy, busy!  TGIF!  I am so tired tonight, and DH is getting pizza, like we do most Fridays.  The Fall weather is gorgeous, but it is too chilly to be out on my deck, so I am chilling here by my computer with a glass of wine. :)

Glad you're having some relaxing time this evening, Laura! ☺️

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee