Get a free ephemera pack with your $19 purchase with code FREEBIE
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products, no promo code needed!

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Scrap a Day, October 10th
Hey Cherries. Chilly morning. We went down to 47 last night and our high today will only be 62. Going to hold out for as long as I can before turning the heat on. I have a nail appointment today but other than that no other plans, so I hope to make some cards today. We’ll see how it goes. 

Have a great day Cherries. 
2 users liked this post:

ImageImage Image Image  

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, October 10th
Hi, Barb! Hope you enjoy a great day.

Up early. Think I am still trying to convert from my travels back east.

Fall is upon up. The leaves are suddenly turning beautiful colours. I pulled my summer flowers out of my pots yesterday. And we got most of the branches out to the street for garbage pick up today. Had an eye appt. early Yesterday. No big changes and all is well.

Need to do some cleaning today. Make a grocery list. Need to do some prep cooking, tomorrow, for Canadian Thanksgiving, which we plan to celebrate on Saturday.

Maybe find some time for a little creating. Layout started on my desk.

Happy Thursday, all!
3 users liked this post:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Also praying that all our Florida Cherries stay safe. My uncle and aunt are in Sarasota and they did not evacuate. Praying they are ok. 
3 users liked this post:

ImageImage Image Image  

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Happy Thursday Cherries!

My treadmill is in the 3 season room.  I had to put on a sweatshirt to go out there this morning!  I'm like Barb, I will not turn on that heat until I absolutely have to.  In our house, it's usually the first week of November.  We're going to be in the mid 60's today, so the house has already rebounded nicely!

I've got to get some meals in the freezer.  I've also got to start planning foods, snacks, drinks, and the cake for my DS's birthday on the 24th.  I'm a little behind.  😠

Still praying for our Florida Cherries and Cherry Families impacted by Milton.

Have a great day ALL!

3 users liked this post:
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

pawprints wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:57 am
Hey Cherries. Chilly morning. We went down to 47 last night and our high today will only be 62. Going to hold out for as long as I can before turning the heat on. I have a nail appointment today but other than that no other plans, so I hope to make some cards today. We’ll see how it goes. 

Chilly fall weather is finally here!  :greensmile:  We don't control our heat but we finally did shut all the windows last night. And I have sweatpants & sweatshirt on today (instead of capris and T-shirt!). I'm loving the lower humidity LOL!

Last night the Mets clinched the Wild Card series and go on to the league championship (next week? IDK?). I worked both home games and now I remember why I usually don't work 2 games in a row! Tuesday's game, I ended up doing 7 wheelchair runs. It seemed they were always calling me. I asked some of my coworkers and they did 3 or 4 each and they all noticed they kept calling me on the radio. Not to be ageist or sexist, but call on some of the young bros, please LOL! Leave the old lady alone! Anyway yesterday I had back spasms so I told my boss and he put me on the 50/50 raffle duty, which is stationary and has the option to leave after the 6th inning. My heart wanted to stay and be there but I was in too much pain and couldn't move fast (like to get out of people's way or push wheelchairs!). So I left early and got home literally in time to see the last out and the Mets clinch the game and all the celebrations. So that was cool. Still have the back spasms today so I can't sit/stand/lie down for very long so it'll be a timer kind of day to take it easy but still get stuff done. I have to catch up on copy editing, still need to get the summer/winter clothes changeover done, and scrap!!! I have a page on my table to finish off and I want to do the Progressive step 2 as well as see what challenges to do. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:

Oh yes! It's chilly time here too, Barb! 😂 
Have a great day! ❤️ 

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:33 am
Also praying that all our Florida Cherries stay safe. My uncle and aunt are in Sarasota and they did not evacuate. Praying they are ok. 

Absolutely praying!

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Laura wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:41 am
Happy Thursday Cherries!

My treadmill is in the 3 season room.  I had to put on a sweatshirt to go out there this morning!  I'm like Barb, I will not turn on that heat until I absolutely have to.  In our house, it's usually the first week of November.  We're going to be in the mid 60's today, so the house has already rebounded nicely!

I've got to get some meals in the freezer.  I've also got to start planning foods, snacks, drinks, and the cake for my DS's birthday on the 24th.  I'm a little behind.  😠

Have a great day ALL!

The 3 season room LOL! Love it! 😄 
Good luck planning out the birthday eats for DS birthday! ☺️
Have a great day, Laura! ☺️ 

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2024 11:13 am
pawprints wrote:

Chilly fall weather is finally here!  :greensmile:  We don't control our heat but we finally did shut all the windows last night. And I have sweatpants & sweatshirt on today (instead of capris and T-shirt!). I'm loving the lower humidity LOL!

Last night the Mets clinched the Wild Card series and go on to the league championship (next week? IDK?). I worked both home games and now I remember why I usually don't work 2 games in a row! Tuesday's game, I ended up doing 7 wheelchair runs. It seemed they were always calling me. I asked some of my coworkers and they did 3 or 4 each and they all noticed they kept calling me on the radio. Not to be ageist or sexist, but call on some of the young bros, please LOL! Leave the old lady alone! Anyway yesterday I had back spasms so I told my boss and he put me on the 50/50 raffle duty, which is stationary and has the option to leave after the 6th inning. My heart wanted to stay and be there but I was in too much pain and couldn't move fast (like to get out of people's way or push wheelchairs!). So I left early and got home literally in time to see the last out and the Mets clinch the game and all the celebrations. So that was cool. Still have the back spasms today so I can't sit/stand/lie down for very long so it'll be a timer kind of day to take it easy but still get stuff done. I have to catch up on copy editing, still need to get the summer/winter clothes changeover done, and scrap!!! I have a page on my table to finish off and I want to do the Progressive step 2 as well as see what challenges to do.  
Oh no! Back spasms are awful! (I take a muscle relaxer, do you have those? They help some!)
Hope you get the changeover finished and can scrap today, too! 

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊 it's chilly here too, and I ALSO have to work on getting my clothes in order, too! I'm off today and ALSO plan on working on the art journal, and I'd like to do step 2 of the Progressive Challenge as well! Lol I'm ambitious today.
It's a nice distraction... Haven't heard a peep from Charlie cat since last night and Omer is going to go check on her. (She's under the tub, in a crawl -like space.) 😔 
I definitely need these distractions today!
Omer ALMOST has his truck fixed, but has to go get a clamp. (He can't find the clamp he NEEDS - which isn't a big surprise to me but some people have a REALLY hard wit organizing.) 
Anyway, have a blessed day, Cherries! I keep praying for everyone in the path of Milton, and those still recovering from Helene.

wendycrowe

Cherry Bing

pawprints wrote:

Same here - and I refuse to turn the heat on yet.  I just can't deal with that bill yet.

wendycrowe

Cherry Bing

Laura wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:41 am
Happy Thursday Cherries!

Have a great day ALL!

Looks like we are all on the same page with turning the heat on...lol.

I am REALLY hoping to get some meals prepped and frozen this weekend!  I need to compile my list of meals and a grocery list.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Good morning cherries. Would love to have some of those cooler temps, but in the mornings, can't complain. We were 60 degrees at 6am this morning but it's still summer here in the afternoon. 97 on Tuesday and yesterday. Should be around 96 today. Can't wait for the day until the a/c doesn't run for 24 hrs. Should be sometime in January 😂 😂

Yesterday and Tuesday I was on the struggle bus. Luckily work wasn't an issue. Just wasn't feeling well. Managed to get 6 hrs of work in each day, in between taking it easy and napping. Feeling 100% today, so I got out for my walk to enjoy the cooler temps and lower humidity. Ran dishwasher. Made up the grocery list and planned the meals for next week. Washed towels and put things away. Been working all morning.

Hope everyone has a great day. Is it the weekend yet?
1 user liked this post:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Good morning Cherries.  I would ask for you to send some of that cold weather to me but NO WAY am I complaining about weather today!!!  School is out again today but Hubby got called in as he works in water management. Heard from all the family and friends I was concerned about and aside from not having power, they are all safe. Just scrapping today and taking it easy. Still praying for the Florida Cherries we have not heard from. 
2 users liked this post:
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:33 am

Sending good thoughts your way for your aunt and uncle. So glad this is finally over for Floridians. 
🌴Kristin  

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

The mug of cider simmered slow, 
The apples sputtered in a row, 
And, close at hand the basket stood 
With nuts from brown October’s wood. 
—John Greenleaf Whittier (1807–92)

Hi!  DD and family in central Florida are fine. Phew. She sent photos this morning of the 7 and 9 year olds out helping clean up the mess!  lol. They got 11 inches of rain overnight and wind gusts of 70mph. 

Weather here is getting more fall like too.  Mid 80’s and breezy today and tomorrow then 70’s for the weekend.  Yaaaay! Kitchen door is open. Going to fool around on craft table today, lunch out with friend tomorrow and fall festival up in foothills Saturday with another friend. Fall is my most fav time to b out and about . 

have a really good Thursday 
2 users liked this post:

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2024 12:32 pm
Good morning cherries. Would love to have some of those cooler temps, but in the mornings, can't complain. We were 60 degrees at 6am this morning but it's still summer here in the afternoon. 97 on Tuesday and yesterday. Should be around 96 today. Can't wait for the day until the a/c doesn't run for 24 hrs. Should be sometime in January 😂 😂

Yesterday and Tuesday I was on the struggle bus. Luckily work wasn't an issue. Just wasn't feeling well. Managed to get 6 hrs of work in each day, in between taking it easy and napping. Feeling 100% today, so I got out for my walk to enjoy the cooler temps and lower humidity. Ran dishwasher. Made up the grocery list and planned the meals for next week. Washed towels and put things away. Been working all morning.

Glad you are feeling better  😊

1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hi Cherries! Popping in quickly. It’s town day so gotta get moving. Tomorrow middle stepson Jeff and youngest grandson Joe will be coming in on the ferry around dinner time. Joe’s 11th birthday is Monday. It’s also the 11th anniversary of my mom passing. Yep he was born the same day Mom died! So I need to make sure I have a few extra things. 

It’s raining again. And in the mid 40s with another storm coming sometime tomorrow. Glad I won’t be on that ferry! 

So it will be a busy weekend. But I think the guys are going hunting at least Saturday so maybe I’ll get some play time. 

Still praying for the Florida DCs that we haven’t heard from. I think God answered a lot of prayers knocking that storm down from a 5 to a 3 as it landed.  Could have been so much worse! Thank God it wasn’t!

Have a great day Cherries!
1 user liked this post:

wendycrowe

Cherry Bing

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2024 11:41 am
Hey Cherries 😊 it's chilly here too, and I ALSO have to work on getting my clothes in order, too! I'm off today and ALSO plan on working on the art journal, and I'd like to do step 2 of the Progressive Challenge as well! Lol I'm ambitious today.
It's a nice distraction... Haven't heard a peep from Charlie cat since last night and Omer is going to go check on her. (She's under the tub, in a crawl -like space.) 😔 
I definitely need these distractions today!
Omer ALMOST has his truck fixed, but has to go get a clamp. (He can't find the clamp he NEEDS - which isn't a big surprise to me but some people have a REALLY hard wit organizing.) 
Anyway, have a blessed day, Cherries! I keep praying for everyone in the path of Milton, and those still recovering from Helene.

Any signs of Charlie eating? Is she still drinking?  praying for this little baby

wendycrowe

Cherry Bing

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2024 12:32 pm

Glad you're feeling well enough to be productive - hang in there!  The weekend is almost here!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee