Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

October 2024 Picture Yourself Challenge - UPDATED
Posting a couple days early because have a busy weekend and want to make sure I do this first.  See BOLD update in third paragraph, hope this helps. 

Welcome to the October 2024 month of this challenge - month 16, I am not sure how many more months this will run but it has been fun so far. I really did not think I would be able to make it run this long. I love looking at your unique stories about YOU. If you are new here, this challenge came about after a conversation with my 22 year old son about a certain event and how I did not want to include a "bad' picture of myself, there are many as a busy mom. He then asked that I include more of myself in our books. It occurred to me that we, the scrappers are usually behind the camera and often fail to scrap ourselves - this is a means to remedy that. 

Sooooo....in light of that, this challenge is to get YOU in your albums, your kids albums, your grandkids albums, they want to see/hear YOU!!!   

As women, we all have "our people". I am NOT talking about husbands, siblings or parents but YOUR people. Your FRIENDS, your "tribe", the people that you tell your secrets to, laugh with, confide in, go to when need a girlfriend chat or hug. We are so lucky to have them in our lives, they make our lives richer, more meaningful and you know you can always count on them. So, the point has been brought up that 'tribes" may look different to different people...I really wanted this to be a challenge about FRIENDS but seriously who I am to tell you who your best friends are sooooooooo....whatever that means to you is fair game. Just some thoughts out of the box...childhood friends, online friends, coworker friends or whatever friend means to you.  The people that support you is good enough for me.  

So your challenge is to create a layout based on "you and your people". Your girlfriends, your besties as they call them now.  There must be a picture of YOU on the layout but if you can include one of you and your friend/friends all the better.  

Here is my example: (Full disclosure, my layout is not new but YOURS must be!!)

Must be a new layout, paper or digital, single or double page. Layouts only.
You can combine with ONE other challenge that allows it.  
Limit ONE entry.  THERE MUST BE A PICTURE OF YOU ON THE LAYOUT.
Please link your work here. Deadline is October 31, 2024. A , winner from all entries done correctly will be selected for a $5.00 ACOT gift card from me.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Re: October 2024 Picture Yourself Challenge
Sweet challenge, Kristin! 
    ImageImage

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Lovely challenge!! I did one last week of my tribe lol! I’ll try to come up with another ! 😊 your sample is beautiful!
Susan

karen c.

Cherry Bing

Oh I love your challenges! This is perfect as one of my best friends for over 35 years is coming for a visit Thursday!
ImageImageImage          ImageImage

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

Great challenge, but darn!  I don't have a group, tribe or besties.  It's just me and DH.  Can I do one of us?
:) Kelly 

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Does it have to be a current photo or can it be an old one? I've been terrible about printing out recent photos over the past...I don't know how many years LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Awesome challenge, Kristin! 😊 I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your example layout! 😊

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

Love this challenge, this month’s theme, and your wonderful LO!!!
Image  ImageImageImageImage

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Kelly_R wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:04 pm
Great challenge, but darn!  I don't have a group, tribe or besties.  It's just me and DH.  Can I do one of us?

Kelly, I don’t have any people here where I live now either. So get it!  You cherries 🍒 are my tribe 💗💗💗 hugs ! 
Susan

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: October 2024 Picture Yourself Challenge - UPDATED
Update posted in opening post. 
🌴Kristin  

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

suewho372 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:03 am
Kelly_R wrote:

Kelly, I don’t have any people here where I live now either. So get it!  You cherries 🍒 are my tribe 💗💗💗 hugs !  
That works for me  😊

🌴Kristin  

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:42 pm
Does it have to be a current photo or can it be an old one? I've been terrible about printing out recent photos over the past...I don't know how many years LOL!

Any photo of you with your "friends", does not matter when  😊
1 user liked this post:
🌴Kristin  

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Kelly_R wrote:

That's ok, I changed it a bit in the description...who am I to tell you who your "people" are, lol.  
🌴Kristin  

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I haven't seen my best friend from college in forever but I'm going to see her in November. But really my best female friend is my sister and I'll be seeing her this month. I'll make sure someone takes a photo of the 2 of us. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

Here is my take on this challenge.  I have been retired for 4 1/2 years.  My husband is my best and only in person friend.  All my other friends are people I have met on-line.  I don't get out much or socialize.

Combine with the Where in the World Is Carmen San Diego Challenge.

:) Kelly 

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image

jordanbev5

Cherry Blossom

Here is a layout about my friends as we are playing with making cards. Love that I could honor them so well!
Also entered Rewind for Double Anniversary sketch Layout from last month.
ImageImage

ScrappyRN74

Sweet Cherry Pie

Whatever you choose to do, leave tracks. That means don’t do it just for yourself. You will want to leave the world a little better for your having lived.” RBG

:) Trisha

ImageImageImageImage

Donna_Coughlin

Sweet Cherry Pie

Here is one I did, my  friends from where I used to work get together a few times a year for dinner. This was one of those rare occassions where evertyone showed up!
I blurred out their names on the journaling.
Donna
ImageImageImage

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

There was 6 of us that took a road trip to Iowa. Here we are playing Uno at the Airbnb.
Combined with Cherry Scraplift.

- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee