Gallery: 1784

Re: Hold me accountable LOL

Post by QueenBee89 »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:40 pm
Laura wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:09 pm
I'll be here to crack that whip for ya!

This reminds me of when Mildred had to use a whip on me and a couple of naughty cherries. 😂 😂

Kirby! Lol
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 510

Post by GinniG »

You are not alone my friend!!! A few months ago I realized that my at least 3 foot stack of layouts sitting on a corner of my table was in danger of falling over. To avoid that disaster I had my DH set up a table in our unfinished house. I took all of my layouts over (it’s just a few feet from the cabin we’re in now) and I sorted them by grandchild, my daughter, DH’s family, etc. Then the weather got chilly and we ended up having to go down to Kentucky for DH to have surgery. That was totally unplanned!

When I first started sorting I was looking at all the layouts and the 2 or 3 empty albums I had and knew I’d have to spend money on albums. I ordered some from Amazon because it’s free shipping to even Alaska if you’re a prime member. That could be one option for you.

Of course while we were in Kentucky I got to spend an afternoon at HL. They didn’t have a huge selection but I think know I have what I need. Now the weather is getting chilly again and that’s as far as I’ve gotten. Steve wants to work in the room where the table is so I need to get over there, turn on a space heater or get a fire going in the wood stove downstairs and get to work. Lol!!!

So I totally understand where you’re at! Maybe we could encourage each other??!!
Breauxlabs
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 872

Post by Breauxlabs »

I am with you 1000%. I have about 15 albums full that are by year… 7 full vacation albums and stacks upon stacks of layouts that need a home. Then I have 12 x 12 iris cases that are labeled by year…they are all full too. I need to break down and buy albums. I just rather spend the $$ on pretty supplies! 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage
karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

Wish I could help.  I have not finished any albums yet and I have one for every year since 2000, plus, 3-Girl Scouts, 4-Marching Band, 5-Disney albums, Camping, 4-school year albums and there are more.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 764

Post by sherelm »

Let me tell you I have a storage bench all filled with layouts. I finally said enough, too . I tried themed scrapbooking, and other than Christmases, nothing seems to get filled or put away.

I also lost 34 albums in a storm flood outside of Hershey, PA, when I lost EVERYTHING. Ya know how people say they got out with just their clothes on their back? I didn't have them either I swam in much to save my dog and two kitties and a canoe picked them up and I got out swimming, too. So I lost what I had done in almost two decades before that.

So now I have two suggestions. Chronological and themed. That's right both. If you do one with pictures from Halloween, toss it in that album. But keep an album for the year 2025, start next year, and do 12 months . Use page dividers, I use a smaller page in a 12x12 for that. And don't be afraid to put in a picture you love in a smaller page, too, if it's just a short story.
Right Shimelle on her website shimelle.com has a class called This Years Story. I'm loving it. I watch her update her own chronological album when I can as a bedroom story lol. I find it relaxing, it's like being at a crop, where you sit and talk to pals while scrapbooking.
I think if you do both you'll keep them in albums. I know I have. And if you think the price of albums are costly, just think how much $ you are spending on each layout. And if you lose a lot that are laying around, you'll lose much more than your cost of an album. I ask my family for albums for gifts. I put ACOT gift cards on every wish list.

Now I'll help hold you accountable too, if you keep me practicing what I'm preaching!!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”