September Spend Smart/Stash Bust Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 553

September Spend Smart/Stash Bust Challenge

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Welcome back to another month of Spending Smart Stash Bust Challenge! We're challenging each other the bust our stash, AND spending smart, and while that may look a little different to everyone, I've gained tremendous insight AND inspiration from ALL of you, Dear Cherries! 😊

Here's a link to last months challenge
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=278259&hilit=Spend+Smart
AND, I've forgotten to do this for a while, but here's a link to the original posting for THIS challenge
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=271603

THIS challenge has helped me hold myself accountable, gotten me in touch with similar resources, and so forth…. It's been a GOOD snowball-rolling-down-a-hill effect for me!
I've been reading older posts, and taking mental notes. With that in mind, I hope this challenge is helpful and I'm excited to discuss our plans and thoughts!
Any specific goals for September? How did August go for everyone? 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 553

Re: September Spend Smart/Stash Bust Challenge

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Stash Busting:
I ONLY completed a handful of projects in August. Say 7 layouts and 2 cards. ( This doesn't include art journaling or working on my altered playing card ATCs, or other art projects.)
As many of you know, I went back to work in August, and while that may have cut into SOME of my crafty time, I STILL felt compelled to start re-organizing!
I decided to do some re-organizing of my flat embellishments - I'm taking the ephemera, die cuts,etc out of my binders and putting them into notebooks.
While going through my (flat) embellishment binders, I found a LOT of gaps where I've used things, which was great!!! 😊 Moving them into notebooks proves to be a bit of work but that's what I started! Flat embellishments, some store bought, some handmade, leftovers, some gifted, some fussy cut, some die cuts… I REALLY LIKE being able to look through the notebook, and it's easier access than my binders. (All my extra binders and pocketed page protectors will be used for other things!)
WHEN I consider ALL the papers and tools that I have to work with on top of all that, I STILL plan on getting myself a few treats when Black Friday hits! 😂 Here's why: in 2025, I'm going to be stricter with myself. I KNOW I'm on the right path with my Smart Spending AND Stash Busting! ☺️
THIS month, while I keep re-organizing, I'm gonna be focusing on finishing up projects, new and old. I'm gonna be making page kits, using them, and continuing to have FUN! I'd like to actually make the labels for some of my albums, too! 😉
Spend Smart:
I made a purchase, during a LOVELY sale, here!! I used points and gift cards and spent less than $30 out of pocket - I NEEDED adhesive and wanted to wait until I was out of adhesive before I purchased ANYTHING - which I DID!! I've gotten some neutral cardstock- Colorbok Neutral, 30 sheets for less than $5! I picked up some fun cut parts, chippies, a few stickers, and a couple of great papers.
Now, I REALLY ONLY needed adhesive, but I've been keeping track of how many projects I've finished since January, and May (which was my last purchase) - and I have used a LOT of papers, etc, so I REALLY feel like I deserved the splurge!
I don't plan on buying anything else until Black Friday - though my wish list remains a few miles long! 😉

Return to “Contests & Challenges”