Scrap a Day, August 30th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1064

Scrap a Day, August 30th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Nothing much going on here today. I have some errands to run and will hopefully start working on my new challenges.

12 years ago today a little baby boy came into the world. I got to hold him moments after he was born. Today he is basically as tall as I am and such a sweet boy. Happy Birthday to my Aiden. They are all away upstate at Legoland right now so I’ll be seeing him for his birthday on the weekend.

Hope you all have a great day.

ImageImage Image Image  

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 340

Re: Scrap a Day, August 30th

Post by Flasher »

pawprints wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:01 am
Hey Cherries. Nothing much going on here today. I have some errands to run and will hopefully start working on my new challenges.

12 years ago today a little baby boy came into the world. I got to hold him moments after he was born. Today he is basically as tall as I am and such a sweet boy. Happy Birthday to my Aiden. They are all away upstate at Legoland right now so I’ll be seeing him for his birthday on the weekend.

Happy Birthday to Aiden!  Twelve . . . good gravy.  Time needs to just slow down.  😊
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

VickiR
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1446

Post by VickiR »

pawprints wrote:

Happy 12th Birthday to Aiden!  Today is our oldest DD's birthday...she is 42.  What?

ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1446

Post by VickiR »

Overcast again today but cooler.  We never got any rain but hoping for some later today.  Lawn day today...DH is doing the trimming and tractor mowing and I just finished the hand mowing around the pine trees and along the fence line.  Planning to finish up a couple of projects and once again, clean up my craft space.  It looked so nice until yesterday afternoon!

Today is oldest DD's 42nd birthday.  Time is such a thief...
    ImageImage
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1505

Post by Charleneanne »

Oh dang! First post reminded me today is my aunt Mamie’s birthday and I forgot to send a card. She’s 93 today and still lives in her little house in a small town in SC by herself. Amazing woman to say the least. She and uncle Charles were married over 70 years when he died 2 years ago. I better give her a call later.

Other than that nothing going on the entire holiday weekend. Weather a bit cooler next 3-4 days but no breeze so kitchen door is closed. Back to 100+ by mid week. Some guy is supposed to come inspect the roof for final time. I told the contractor to deal with it.

Have a friendly Friday and stay cool.
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2393

Post by Art_Teacher »

Hot, hot, hot!  But, I can't be mad at a 4-day weekend, since we got today off for the heat, too.  Supposed to all change late tonight, so we shall see if we get the more comfortable temps, and better yet, the rain!  Staying inside today and scrapping, until later when we go to boat and float!
Laura
 Image    Image      Image   
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 506

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:

Awww!!! Happy birthday to Aiden!!! That’s such an awkward age for kids but it’s fun as grandparents because they’re really starting to turn into amazing and frustrating teenagers!

Hope your errands are done quickly and you have lots of time to play!!!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Laura wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:03 am
pawprints wrote:

Happy Birthday to Aiden!  Twelve . . . good gravy.  Time needs to just slow down.  😊 

Thank you! And tell me about it!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

VickiR wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:26 am
pawprints wrote:

Happy 12th Birthday to Aiden!  Today is our oldest DD's birthday...she is 42.  What?

Thank you! Happy Birthday to your DD! Mine turned 41 in June! And I was like when did that happen?!!

ImageImage Image Image  

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2393

Post by Art_Teacher »

Here is the layout I finished today for the BF 391 challenge combined with the August Music challenge.  Miss Eliza does NOT like swimming. lol

Laura
 Image    Image      Image   
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

VickiR wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:29 am
Overcast again today but cooler.  We never got any rain but hoping for some later today.  Lawn day today...DH is doing the trimming and tractor mowing and I just finished the hand mowing around the pine trees and along the fence line.  Planning to finish up a couple of projects and once again, clean up my craft space.  It looked so nice until yesterday afternoon!

Today is oldest DD's 42nd birthday.  Time is such a thief...

Happy birthday to your oldest DD!!! My daughter is going to be 44 in December! WHERE does that time go???

Have fun in your crafty space!!!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

Charleneanne wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:15 pm
Oh dang! First post reminded me today is my aunt Mamie’s birthday and I forgot to send a card. She’s 93 today and still lives in her little house in a small town in SC by herself. Amazing woman to say the least. She and uncle Charles were married over 70 years when he died 2 years ago. I better give her a call later.

Other than that nothing going on the entire holiday weekend. Weather a bit cooler next 3-4 days but no breeze so kitchen door is closed. Back to 100+ by mid week. Some guy is supposed to come inspect the roof for final time. I told the contractor to deal with it.

Have a friendly Friday and stay cool.

Aunt Mamie sounds like a really sharp lady!!! That’s amazing that she can stay in her own home at 93!!!

Hope your roof passes inspection!!!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:53 pm
Hot, hot, hot!  But, I can't be mad at a 4-day weekend, since we got today off for the heat, too.  Supposed to all change late tonight, so we shall see if we get the more comfortable temps, and better yet, the rain!  Staying inside today and scrapping, until later when we go to boat and float!

OMG!!! What a blessing to have a FOUR day weekend!!! Have fun playing and then floating and boating!!!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

GinniG wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:41 pm
pawprints wrote:

Awww!!! Happy birthday to Aiden!!! That’s such an awkward age for kids but it’s fun as grandparents because they’re really starting to turn into amazing and frustrating teenagers!

Hope your errands are done quickly and you have lots of time to play!!!   

Thank you! Yes the tween years. Lol.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:43 pm
Here is the layout I finished today for the BF 391 challenge combined with the August Music challenge.  Miss Eliza does NOT like swimming. lol

This is so cute and I love your title!

ImageImage Image Image  

GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:43 pm

What a sweet layout! Love those colors!!! My dogs have never liked swimming either. Or baths!!! Lolol!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

Hi Cherries! It’s a dreary chilly day. But we’re getting RAIN!!! I can actually do a load of laundry at home today! Lolol! It’s the little things. 😆😆😆 Our high today is only supposed to be 57. Our heater is set at 68 and it just ran for awhile. Hard to believe some of you are in the 100s still!!!

I only have 3 more items on the 30 items list to do! I’m determined to finish them this time! I picked out pictures for all 3 challenges last night. So after I do a bit of adulting I will be furiously working to get those layouts done before the deadline!!! Lolol!

Hope you’re all having a great day!!!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

GinniG wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:53 pm
Hi Cherries! It’s a dreary chilly day. But we’re getting RAIN!!! I can actually do a load of laundry at home today! Lolol! It’s the little things. 😆😆😆 Our high today is only supposed to be 57. Our heater is set at 68 and it just ran for awhile. Hard to believe some of you are in the 100s still!!!

I only have 3 more items on the 30 items list to do! I’m determined to finish them this time! I picked out pictures for all 3 challenges last night. So after I do a bit of adulting I will be furiously working to get those layouts done before the deadline!!! Lolol!

You go girl!! Hope you can get them all done in time!

ImageImage Image Image  

GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:00 pm
GinniG wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:53 pm

You go girl!! Hope you can get them all done in time!

Thanks! Me too! I’ll be very disappointed with myself if I don’t. Lolol! Better get moving! Lol!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”