I'm back from my trip!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2891

I'm back from my trip!

Post by shoorn »

I'm back!!!

I'm back! Trip was great - wonderful to see all the family and was kept busy a good part of the time. We got in late Tuesday afternoon and DS and fiancée came over for a while that evening and I gave them the Ireland #1 album and their wedding card. Then DS came to our AirBnB (he reserved it for us) on Wednesday and spent a lot of time with us. Thursday was an afternoon BBQ at their house; Friday - drinks and appetizers at the Tiki bar where their wedding venue is; Saturday the wedding; Sunday afternoon at DGD's place with her family; Monday - out on the boat with DS and wife(!) and her Dad; Tuesday at DGS's with his family and DGD came with the kids. Wed we left for home.

Unfortunately the little ones had sniffles and coughs and it seems that I caught whatever it was and it went into my sinuses. Made for some miserable sleep and driving - had terrible coughing fits. We did find some Dayquil that I took - it doesn't do much but make you feel better when awake. When we arrived in Cortez Co on Friday I felt a bit better. We had booked an extra night so we were able to go into Mesa Verde. I was not up to the hikes I used to be able to do but was able to do more than I have done in the past several years.

Arrived home Monday after 5 and then had to unpack and put stuff away. We had stopped at a sub shop on the way into town and got some for dinner so I didn't have to think about what to do. Tuesday we were absolutely exhausted so we took a day of complete rest. I tried to get on the computer but it wasn't behaving itself. Gave up - figured I troubleshoot it today.

I was able with DH's help to get back on the Internet and it seems to be working now. I have a lot to catch up on. Forgive me for not going over everything in the threads since we have been gone. Still recovering. DH went to the store today as I am still coughing (though it is productive) and didn't want to have a coughing fit in the store.
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5517

Re: I'm back from my trip!

Post by Deanna13 »

Great photos, Susan and sounds like you had a great time. 😊 So sorry you ended up with a cold. :(
Image Image ImageImage
Trek
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 486

Post by Trek »

What a great time together with your family!!! Love all the pictures! Please be well soon! How is your cats?
Katerina
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2891

Post by shoorn »

Trek wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:39 pm
What a great time together with your family!!! Love all the pictures! Please be well soon! How is your cats?

Our cats were safe and fed. Only one - Whisper came out to one cat sitter. She brushed him and gave him lots of attention. The other 2 hid the entire time from the sitters - but they ate and pooped - so they were okay. 
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 963

Post by suewho372 »

I’m so glad you had such an awesome time - minus catching the cold! Boo! Love the photos!!! Thanks for sharing with us!
Susan

stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 861

Post by stinkerbelle »

my goodness, that was an action-packed trip!  no wonder you were susceptible to those cold germs.  your photos are wonderful  😊 so happy to hear you had a nice time!
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  ImageImage
lisn2cats
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 568

Post by lisn2cats »

Welcome home! You've been missed! Love the photos and can't wait to see them on a LO page or two or three!!
Image  ImageImageImage
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 340

Post by Flasher »

Sounds like your vacation was jam packed!  Love the pics!  So glad you had a wonderful time -- minus the cold! 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

VickiR
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1446

Post by VickiR »

Wow, you were quite busy on your little trip and saw lots of family.  Congratulations so you son and wife.  Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well and hope you're better soon!
    ImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3753

Post by blbabe1234 »

Sounds like y'all had a wonderful time! Congrats to your son and his wife! So sorry you got sick though. Feel better soon!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2103

Post by MTCanuk »

Sounds like a super fun time. Sorry to hear you got sick, hope the coughing subsides soon. Welcome back. Love your photos.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 506

Post by GinniG »

WOWOW!!! That was some trip! Sounds and looks like it was a lot of fun! Sorry you’re sick though. Try some Mucinex DM. When I had bronchitis the doctor recommended it and it works wonders!!! Hope you feel better really soon! Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures!!!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 551

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Glad you had a fun trip, except for catching the children's cold! Can't wait to see your layouts! 😉

Return to “General Talk”