Scrap a Day, August 29th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1064

Scrap a Day, August 29th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Going for a mani/pedi today. After the busy week I’ve had since the weekend working in the yard and in my garage and running around with my mom all day Tuesday I’m looking forward to a nice relaxing pedicure and leg massage today. Not sure if I’ll have any time to scrap as I have someone coming over late this afternoon to go over getting my new lighting installed and what has to be done.

Have a great day Cherries.

ImageImage Image Image  

VickiR
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1446

Re: Scrap a Day, August 29th

Post by VickiR »

Good morning, Barb!  Yep, you have certainly deserved a mani/pedi day!!
    ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

Hot and very humid here today with possible thunderstorms.  We could use the rain.  Took our granddaughter and oldest daughter for mani/pedis yesterday.  DGD before school pedi and oldest DD's birthday present.  Today I have PT at 11:15 and then I'll be working on a few projects.  Have a good day everyone!

Image Image
    ImageImage
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1854

Post by aheatfan »

Enjoy your mani/Pedi Barb and good luck with your projects Vicki. I had a mani/Pedi yesterday. I hate having pedicures though... Can not stand it but it has to be done. Tonight I have Open House for my class. I'm ready but exhausted. Looking forward to the long weekend. Have a great day everyone.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1394

Post by scrappinmom99 »

pawprints wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:59 am
Hey Cherries. Going for a mani/pedi today. After the busy week I’ve had since the weekend working in the yard and in my garage and running around with my mom all day Tuesday I’m looking forward to a nice relaxing pedicure and leg massage today. Not sure if I’ll have any time to scrap as I have someone coming over late this afternoon to go over getting my new lighting installed and what has to be done.

Enjoy your mani/pedi! I'm just at home working and hopefully scrapping. DD has a FULL day of school today - 2 classes at school and then one online class from 6-8pm. She made her schedule so she has an online class on Mondays, goes to school Tue, Wed, Thurs/plus online, and then has no classes on Friday. I hope she'll be okay with this schedule! It's going to take some getting used to it like when is she home for dinner or not. Plus she and I are both still working at the stadium for the next month. I'm already tired...LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1505

Post by Charleneanne »

Well thank Goodness everybody is gone. No more company. No more contractors. No dr.s appointments. I’m exhausted. Nothing on my calendar until I go to DD’s in Florida in mid October. Now if the weather would just cool off!

My 80th bday is next spring. My boys are taking me to Texas for a lifelong wish to visit the Dr. Pepper Museum in Waco Texas. They of course asked their sister if she wanted to come. She is a school teacher and still has young kids at home but she said yes. Well (as usual) she is now trying to change all our plans. lol. First of all my bday is mid-May and it would b more convenient for her if we went in early April! Now she says gee mom wouldn’t you rather go to Graceland? L0L. This bunch are all in their 50’s and squabbling like teenagers. Some things never change. Makes me smile .

Have a lovely day!
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

aheatfan wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:41 am
Enjoy your mani/Pedi Barb and good luck with your projects Vicki. I had a mani/Pedi yesterday. I hate having pedicures though... Can not stand it but it has to be done. Tonight I have Open House for my class. I'm ready but exhausted. Looking forward to the long weekend. Have a great day everyone.
I get a little antsy when they do the bottom of my feet!  However, everything else is relaxing.  I enjoyed being there with my DGD and DD.  Beautiful salon too.  Hope your open house goes well tonight.  Our DGS meets his teacher tonight and starts school on Tuesday.

ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:51 am
pawprints wrote:

Enjoy your mani/pedi! I'm just at home working and hopefully scrapping. DD has a FULL day of school today - 2 classes at school and then one online class from 6-8pm. She made her schedule so she has an online class on Mondays, goes to school Tue, Wed, Thurs/plus online, and then has no classes on Friday. I hope she'll be okay with this schedule! It's going to take some getting used to it like when is she home for dinner or not. Plus she and I are both still working at the stadium for the next month. I'm already tired...LOL! 
Hope all goes well for your DD! 

ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

Charleneanne wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:30 pm
Well thank Goodness everybody is gone. No more company. No more contractors. No dr.s appointments. I’m exhausted. Nothing on my calendar until I go to DD’s in Florida in mid October. Now if the weather would just cool off!

My 80th bday is next spring. My boys are taking me to Texas for a lifelong wish to visit the Dr. Pepper Museum in Waco Texas. They of course asked their sister if she wanted to come. She is a school teacher and still has young kids at home but she said yes. Well (as usual) she is now trying to change all our plans. lol. First of all my bday is mid-May and it would b more convenient for her if we went in early April! Now she says gee mom wouldn’t you rather go to Graceland? L0L. This bunch are all in their 50’s and squabbling like teenagers. Some things never change. Makes me smile .

Have a lovely day!
Ooo, either place would be fun to visit!

ImageImage
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 506

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:

Oooohhhh a nice salon mani/pedi!!! I could sure use one myself! Got one while we were down south. Splurged and got an extra nice one. :) There are a couple of places that do them here but they’re not salon style and they’re expensive. I need to teach Steve how to do them here! Lolol!

Yesterday was busy. I finally convinced Steve to go to the doctor. He’s got high blood pressure, high pulse, constantly very tired, knees hurting. I suspected his sugar was too high and I was right. He has very reluctantly agreed to take meds for them. His natural remedies just weren’t working. So his BP med are doubled and he’s back on the metformin. Plus they’re going to give him the Ozempic shots weekly. He’s not at all happy but it’s what happens when the other things don’t work. He needs to watch his diet and get some cardio and hopefully he can eventually come off of the meds. Time will tell!!!

I NEED to scrap today! I only have 3 more things on the 30 items list!!! I’m determined to get them done before the deadline!!! But I have to adult too. Hopefully adulting won’t take very long!!!

Have a terrific Thursday!!!
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2392

Post by Art_Teacher »

Made it through another hot day, but slightly cooler than yesterday. We got a little rain overnight, but nowhere near enough.  Just got my phone call that school is cancelled again tomorrow, because it is going back up to the mid-90's, but with even more humidity than yesterday.  Four-day weekend?  I think so! :)
Laura
 Image    Image      Image   
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 551

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:

I hope you were able to enjoy your pampering today, Barb. ☺️ You deserve it! Hope the light install goes well! ☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:30 pm
Made it through another hot day, but slightly cooler than yesterday. We got a little rain overnight, but nowhere near enough.  Just got my phone call that school is cancelled again tomorrow, because it is going back up to the mid-90's, but with even more humidity than yesterday.  Four-day weekend?  I think so! :)

I hope you get to enjoy your extra long weekend, AND can stay cool! ☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:30 pm

Have a lovely day!

LOL! ☺️ Glad things are going well.
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:21 am
Hot and very humid here today with possible thunderstorms.  We could use the rain.  Took our granddaughter and oldest daughter for mani/pedis yesterday.  DGD before school pedi and oldest DD's birthday present.  Today I have PT at 11:15 and then I'll be working on a few projects.  Have a good day everyone!

Image Image

Looks like y'all had a great time yesterday! ☺️ Hopefully you'll have a good time working on. Few projects! 😉
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
Off work today and staying cool indoors, too! 😊 I'm making page kits today, super fun! 😊
I STILL have to finish my cards and post them, so I may do that after I take a break. 😉
Stay cool, DCs! 😊
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

Here is the layout I finished for the July/August Graphic Design challenge (Dippin' Dots).

Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:12 pm
Hey Cherries 😊
Off work today and staying cool indoors, too! 😊 I'm making page kits today, super fun! 😊
I STILL have to finish my cards and post them, so I may do that after I take a break. 😉
Stay cool, DCs! 😊
Glad you were able to stay cool and enjoy your day off! :)

Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

pawprints wrote:

I hope your mani/pedi was relaxing for you, Barb!  I got one before going back to school...it's the best!

Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

VickiR wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:21 am

ImageImage
Love those photos!  I hope you got some rain...we got about a tenth of an inch last night.  Definitely not enough!

Laura

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”