Moderator: ACOT Employee

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 551

Re: Scrap a Day, August 28th

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:17 pm
Today is DD's first day back to school. She had one class today - GYM (weight training)! She should be home soon so I can't wait to hear how it went. She was a bit salty for the 1st day of school pic since she was in sweats LOL! It's part of the experience LOL!  

I'm trying to catch up on copy editing, house cleaning, and do a few more challenges before the month is over. I also have to update my bimonthly prompt list and Flasher's August Team points!

Lol bless her heart though! Gym on the first day is JUST MEAN! 😂
😊I hope you've had a good day!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 551

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Hey Cherries 😊 a late check in here lol I slept too late and had to rush but made it to work a few minutes early. Lo I've been going all day, and SUPER grateful that I work indoors! It's STILL feels about 102° and it's past 6:30 pm! 😳
I'm inside, relaxing in the AC. Gonna catch up on a few things - I'm off tomorrow and want to AT LEAST finish my cards! (I started 2 yesterday.)
I STILL NEED to tidy up some things, but am reaching for an art journal! 😂
Stay BLESSED, Dear Cherries! 😊
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1394

Post by scrappinmom99 »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:35 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Today is DD's first day back to school. She had one class today - GYM (weight training)! She should be home soon so I can't wait to hear how it went. She was a bit salty for the 1st day of school pic since she was in sweats LOL! It's part of the experience LOL!  

I'm trying to catch up on copy editing, house cleaning, and do a few more challenges before the month is over. I also have to update my bimonthly prompt list and Flasher's August Team points!

Lol bless her heart though! Gym on the first day is JUST MEAN! 😂
😊I hope you've had a good day! 
Right? She actually likes gym and weight training but not the first day lol. At least no homework and they got out early. 

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 506

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:09 am
Hey Cherries. Not much going on here today. I could use a down day. I have to pay bills and maybe try and sneak another challenge in. I’ve only scrapped one layout this month and finally got it posted last night. I have some things around the house that need to be done too. We’ll see how it goes.

This is the layout I scrapped for the Pet Challenge. I had a lot of fun with it. I’ve become a little obsessed with manipulating shadows in Photoshop and had fun trying to make my bulletin board look as realistic as possible. It was fun to do.

Have a great day Cherries.

Barb, what an ADORABLE bulletin board layout!!!!!  I cant believe you had over 120 layers!!!!  Only thing I can do in Photoshop is merge layouts!!!!!  LOL!  I've done a few other things but not very often!  :)
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 11:10 am
I'm just here enjoying my unexpected heat day off!  lol  It really was the only decision to protect our littles at the elementary. I talked with our superintendent for a few minutes after school yesterday and he mentioned how some districts have just adjusted to have indoor recess.  Heck, it's hotter inside than outside in our buildings, so inside recess would be worse.  We are under a heat advisory here until 8 pm tonight.  Last thing we need are kids or teachers passing out with heat exhaustion.  I am still doing some school stuff, but enjoying time to do a little scrapping, too!  Best way to stay inside. :)

Laura, glad you enjoyed your unexpected day off!!!  :)  You're right about the last thing needed is students and teachers having heat exhaustion!!!  Been there done that twice and it is NOT fun at ALL!!!!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:14 pm
Here is the layout I finished for the August Cherry Lift challenge.  We LOVED seeing Norah Jones at the Red Rocks Amphitheater in July!

Fabulous layout Laura!!!  What an awesome experience!!!!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

scrappinmom99 wrote:

Wow!  Weight training gym on the very first day!!!  I HOPE she likes that!  LOLOL!!!  Hope you got caught up on your chores.  :)  I only have 3 more items to do on the 30 Items list!!!!!  I'm determined to get them done before the deadline!!!  :)
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:18 pm
Today we are having a preview of fall.  I can hardly wait.  Temps in the 60's and lots of sunshine.

I have had a busy morning making some things to take camping- more muffins,  cookies, macaroni salad and chili.  All finished up and just got showered.  Next to walk.

The grands started back to school.  The oldest, who is a senior had a senior sunrise morning in the football field.  She and the oldest grandson didn't start actual school until 11am.  That gives the freshmen some time to get a little adjusted.  The youngest grandson headed off to 6th grade.  The youngest is still in daycare as she doens't turn 5 until Oct.  And the beginning of Sept is the cutoff.  She will be towering over all the kinders next year.  So pick up for us starts again today.  

Here is my little bee display with my cross stitch I finished up.  Put all my patriotic stuff away.  

Leslee, what a GORGEOUS and fun display!!!  LOVE your cross stitching!  :)  Fall will be here before we know it.  I actually think that we are already in the fall weather pattern...  It's not even 60 today and raining.  We desperately needed the rain though...  Unfortunately in Ketchikan they got too much rain (5-8 inches in upper elevations in one day!) on a dry ground and the land gave way.  :(  Hopefully it won't be too hard a winter for any of us!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:41 pm
Hey Cherries 😊 a late check in here lol I slept too late and had to rush but made it to work a few minutes early. Lo I've been going all day, and SUPER grateful that I work indoors! It's STILL feels about 102° and it's past 6:30 pm! 😳
I'm inside, relaxing in the AC. Gonna catch up on a few things - I'm off tomorrow and want to AT LEAST finish my cards! (I started 2 yesterday.)
I STILL NEED to tidy up some things, but am reaching for an art journal! 😂
Stay BLESSED, Dear Cherries! 😊

YIKES that's really hot Holly!!!!  Glad you've got AC!!!  Have fun creating!  :)
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1394

Post by scrappinmom99 »

GinniG wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:23 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:

Wow!  Weight training gym on the very first day!!!  I HOPE she likes that!  LOLOL!!!  Hope you got caught up on your chores.  :)  I only have 3 more items to do on the 30 Items list!!!!!  I'm determined to get them done before the deadline!!!  :) 

She actually does like working out (not that she has all summer lol) but they didn't do anything active today. He even let them out early. But she said the gym was not great - everything looked at least 20 years old, the weights were a bit rusty and dusty and it was not air conditioned. She was surprised that her HS gym's weight room was better than the college one. Well, at least it's only for 1 semester...

I did no house cleaning lol. I did make a dent in one of the stories in the anthology. And I took pics of 2 things I did last week and have the makings of a layout on my table to work on tomorrow. I know I'm not going to finish the 30 items before the deadline but I want to see how far I can get.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 478

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

pawprints wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:09 am
Hey Cherries. Not much going on here today. I could use a down day. I have to pay bills and maybe try and sneak another challenge in. I’ve only scrapped one layout this month and finally got it posted last night. I have some things around the house that need to be done too. We’ll see how it goes.

This is the layout I scrapped for the Pet Challenge. I had a lot of fun with it. I’ve become a little obsessed with manipulating shadows in Photoshop and had fun trying to make my bulletin board look as realistic as possible. It was fun to do.

Have a great day Cherries.
GREAT JOB BARB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THE CORK BOARD AND HOW IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE A CORK BOARD SHOULD.............. THANKS FOR SHARING....................... ONCE AGAIN, AN AWESOME JOB........................... VALERIE

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”