Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

hsblair

Cherry Bomb

So frustrated! My Photos library is messed up
I was trying to find some pictures to scrap last night and I found that some of my photos (mostly older ones from 2012-2014ish) were out of order and the dates on them had been been changed. Then I noticed some pictures were just flat out missing (I compared to a photo library on my old computer that is not hooked up to iCloud). I started messing around with things and have now completely messed up my library. My computer guy can’t help me til Tuesday, and he told me to keep my computer disconnected from the internet.

Does anyone else used iCloud for storage? Have you had any issues with missing photos? I don’t like that everything is synched and anything that’s changed on my computer is also changed on my phone!

Anyway, I’m going to feel lost for the next 5 days without my computer! I will try to do some scrapping with photos I already have printed and do everything on my phone… but I had big plans for the next 10 days! We’ve been on vacation for the past week so I really wanted to catch up. So, sorry that I’ll be less productive in the team challenge. I do hope to get back on my computer in time to get my double page challenge posted for September.
Image Image Image Image

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

Re: So frustrated! My Photos library is messed up
I am so sorry.  It's  very frustrating to loss precious photos.  I do not use iCloud.  I put all my photos on Shutterfly and an USB drive.   I take most of my photos with my Canon digital camera instead of my phone.  That way I can use my tripod. 

My computer recently crashed.  I knew jt was about to, so I downloaded everything to a USB drive just to make sure I didn't  lose anything.  Shutterfly changed all the dates on my photo albums.  Several are listed as 1979.  I have no idea how that happened.  They keep changing programs so it's  an issue on their end.

I hope you get it all working again.  

:) Kelly 

Flasher

Cherry Crush

I do not use iCloud.  But, I'm sorry to hear that your photos have gotten messed up.  I hope you don't lose anything. 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

oh that stinks!  i hope your computer guy can fix it!
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  ImageImage

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'm sorry this has happened to you!!!  I've had it happen myself and know what you're going through.  That's why I save EVERYTHING on a USB drive and also on Google Photos and on my computer.  I used to keep things on Costco and then let my membership expire and lost all of those.  And I had a lot on Photobucket but now they're charging to keep anything on there.  I hope your tech guy can help you!  Good Luck!!!

hsblair

Cherry Bomb

I got my photos back!  I don't think he can do anything about the dates being scrambled though...  He said it's hard to find any sort of iron-clad storage anywhere, whether it's Apple or any other company, your own hard drive, etc.  I guess just lots of back ups like you all said.
Now off to print some more photos!
Image Image Image Image

Flasher

Cherry Crush

hsblair wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 10:24 am
I got my photos back!  I don't think he can do anything about the dates being scrambled though...  He said it's hard to find any sort of iron-clad storage anywhere, whether it's Apple or any other company, your own hard drive, etc.  I guess just lots of back ups like you all said.
Glad you got all your pics back!

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

hsblair wrote:

I'm glad you've got your pictures back! I KNOW how it is! SMH! Technology and myself don't ALWAYS get along. I try to back everything up, but have accidentally deleted some before, and I STILL don't know what all survived my old computer crashing! 🤷‍♀️ I think I'm gonna try to get another battery for my laptop and see if that fixes it; I NEED a tech guy! 😂

hsblair

Cherry Bomb

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:47 pm
hsblair wrote:

I'm glad you've got your pictures back! I KNOW how it is! SMH! Technology and myself don't ALWAYS get along. I try to back everything up, but have accidentally deleted some before, and I STILL don't know what all survived my old computer crashing! 🤷‍♀️ I think I'm gonna try to get another battery for my laptop and see if that fixes it; I NEED a tech guy! 😂 
But I guess film wasn't always safe either -- it got accidentally exposed, and if lost, not replaceable... good luck with your old computer!

Image Image Image Image

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

hsblair wrote:

So glad you got it fixed!  I do use iCloud, but don’t rely on it.  I primarily pay for Google photos.  However, I would like to use a hard drive.  Any suggestions?

I have photos in Shutterfly too, since I do large batch printing from them. But nothing seems reliable.  So, multiple places seems to be the safest.  

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'm glad too that you got your photos back!  Multiple backups is how I handle things.  I use Persnickety and Shutterfly and I have Google Photos too but I don't like paying for anything...  Might have to eventually.  Photobucket was my go to for a long time and now they're cancelling all their free accounts and if you don't pay for it they're deleting everything.  GRRRRR!!!  I finally got an external hard drive so I use that but I also use flash drives too.  Good luck getting everything backed up!

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

GinniG wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:22 pm
I'm glad too that you got your photos back!  Multiple backups is how I handle things.  I use Persnickety and Shutterfly and I have Google Photos too but I don't like paying for anything...  Might have to eventually.  Photobucket was my go to for a long time and now they're cancelling all their free accounts and if you don't pay for it they're deleting everything.  GRRRRR!!!  I finally got an external hard drive so I use that but I also use flash drives too.  Good luck getting everything backed up!
I had Webshots years ago.  They did the same thing.  Decided to go professional and offered to keep personal photos for a fee or delete the accounts.  I moved over to Shutterfly  because they advertised they are a completely free storage site and vowed to never delete photos.  I've  been with them for years and so far it's  been true.  

I have pictures saved on A drive floppy disc's, CD drives, and SM cards.  It's  crazy how  technology changes all the time.  I ended up saving  everything on USB thumb drives.

So glad that you were able to get your photos back.

:) Kelly 

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

hsblair wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:59 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:47 pm
hsblair wrote:

But I guess film wasn't always safe either -- it got accidentally exposed, and if lost, not replaceable... good luck with your old computer!

You're sooooo right!!! 😂 Once I took a bunch of film and a few disposable cameras to get developed and 99% of it was expired film or bad! 😂 I was NOT a happy camper! 😂

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee