Happy Tuesday Cherries!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 340

Happy Tuesday Cherries!

Post by Flasher »

Hello!  How is everyone doing as we just about finish up August?  Everyone get all their littles and not-so-littles back to school -- or at least ready for school?  I hope everyone is doing well!

I've been a little scarce lately because I went back to work.  Well, I'm working, but from home!  My law firm called a few weeks ago asking me if I'd like to come back.  I said I'd love to help, but around here the Covid numbers are rising fast and I don't really feel like putting myself in that position.  A little while later they called and asked if I had changed my mind.  Nope.  Then, last week they called and said they really needed my help and would pay me $XYZ, and have tech support drop off everything I need to work from HOME!  So, my dining room is currently the Paralegal Parlor!  I don't like having all the equipment out in the open, but I like working, and who doesn't like money, so I'll deal with it!

We are under a Heat Advisory for today, and also have an Air Quality Alert.  Heat index is supposed to break 100 today.  Some of the lower grade schools have cancelled for the day.  So, I guess I'll be running the AC all day.  And, I won't be cooking.  Toooooo hot!  Luckily, I've got some "heat and serve" things in the freezer!

Have a great day, Cherries!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Mommyof5
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 193

Re: Happy Tuesday Cherries!

Post by Mommyof5 »

That's awesome that they did that! They obviously need you, and what you can do for them, so they are willing to do what they needed to do to make it more suitable for you! After all, they came to you...you are obviously EXTREMELY VALUABLE to them!!!  You ae amazing like that here in Cherryland, too!!! 
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3753

Post by blbabe1234 »

That is sooo awesome Laura!!! Working from home really has its perks! Been doing it full-time for 12 years and I ain't never going back!!!! Glad you stood your ground because like Misty said, they really really WANTED YOU. You rock!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 102

Post by Monroe1218 »

I think it's fabulous that they recognized what an asset you are and made accommodations for you to work from home! 
We ALL know YOU ROCK - and they obviously do too!
Rebecca

AnniePee
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 133

Post by AnniePee »

Hi!  Sorry about your heat -- that sounds miserable.  Congrats on getting to work from home.  I enjoyed that when I did it in 2020, usually with my dog on my lap.  Hope you stay cool and still have time to craft and create!
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2102

Post by MTCanuk »

What a win-win situation.  Good for you for standing your ground.  Obviously, they really valued you as a worker.  And we love you here too.
Today, here, will be a hot box too and then crashing into the high 60's tomorrow for the first day back to school for kids around here.  
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

Mommyof5 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:04 am
That's awesome that they did that! They obviously need you, and what you can do for them, so they are willing to do what they needed to do to make it more suitable for you! After all, they came to you...you are obviously EXTREMELY VALUABLE to them!!!  You ae amazing like that here in Cherryland, too!!! 

You're so sweet!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:39 am
That is sooo awesome Laura!!! Working from home really has its perks! Been doing it full-time for 12 years and I ain't never going back!!!! Glad you stood your ground because like Misty said, they really really WANTED YOU. You rock!

I've noticed over the years that you're blissfully happy working from home!  Thanks for the encouragement!  😊

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

Monroe1218 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:46 am
I think it's fabulous that they recognized what an asset you are and made accommodations for you to work from home! 
We ALL know YOU ROCK - and they obviously do too!

Aww shucks.  What a sweet thing to say!  😚

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

AnniePee wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:34 am
Hi!  Sorry about your heat -- that sounds miserable.  Congrats on getting to work from home.  I enjoyed that when I did it in 2020, usually with my dog on my lap.  Hope you stay cool and still have time to craft and create!

So far, so good!  The AC is getting a workout, but I don't really care.  Well, I don't care now.  I'm sure I'll care when next month's bill comes along.  😨 😝

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:09 pm
What a win-win situation.  Good for you for standing your ground.  Obviously, they really valued you as a worker.  And we love you here too.
Today, here, will be a hot box too and then crashing into the high 60's tomorrow for the first day back to school for kids around here.  

You're so kind.  I adore you and all my other Cherries here!

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 551

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

It sure is hot here, I'll tell ya! 😜
Laura, that's so cool that you'll be working from home! 😊 No commuting in this ugly heat, and I certainly understand not wanting to take the chance of catching the covid! I hear it's on the rise again around here, too! Smh!
IDK where the time goes, but I'm REALLY ready for cooler temps! 😂
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:43 pm
Laura, that's so cool that you'll be working from home! 😊 No commuting in this ugly heat, and I certainly understand not wanting to take the chance of catching the covid! I hear it's on the rise again around here, too! Smh!

Stay cool, Holly!

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 551

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Laura wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:46 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:43 pm

Stay cool, Holly!

You too, Laura! ☺️
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 570

Post by SandyJay »

Congratulations!  It HAS to feel good to be so valued!!  They really needed you.  
wazzu94
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 410

Post by wazzu94 »

Laura that is awesome!!  I work from home and I love it.  I have my office desk in a spare bedroom.  It's the best!!

My little (15 year old Sophomore) starts tomorrow!  She is so excited!!  

We have had the strangest August weather here in Oregon, usually it's HOT.  Lately it's been cool and rain.  We do have some higher temps coming later this week!

I've loved how productive I've been this August!  Hoping to keep it going!!
Suzann
 ImageImageImage            

Return to “General Talk”