Scrap a Day, August 24th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1063

Scrap a Day, August 24th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Lazy Saturday morning. I hope to do some things around the house once I get moving. I need to get back in my garage. Although I had cleaned most of it the roofing job made a mess and although the roofers cleaned it up I need to get the vacuum in there as everything got coated. I never did do it and then it just got too humid to work in there. So I hope to get to it today. I have a layout on my screen that I worked on a lot yesterday. It’s involved and taking time but I finally got in the mood and am having fun with it and I am hoping to finish it today. We’ll see how it goes.

Have a great day Cherries.

ImageImage Image Image  

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 549

Re: Scrap a Day, August 24th

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:57 am
Hey Cherries. Lazy Saturday morning. I hope to do some things around the house once I get moving. I need to get back in my garage. Although I had cleaned most of it the roofing job made a mess and although the roofers cleaned it up I need to get the vacuum in there as everything got coated. I never did do it and then it just got too humid to work in there. So I hope to get to it today. I have a layout on my screen that I worked on a lot yesterday. It’s involved and taking time but I finally got in the mood and am having fun with it and I am hoping to finish it today. We’ll see how it goes.

Sorry you have a mess in the garage to clean up,Barb! Ugh! Lol then again, life gets messy sometimes, doesn't it?! 😉
Sooo glad that you've got some motivation back and started a new layout! 😊 That's so AWESOME! 😊😊😊 praying for you, my sweet Friend!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 549

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Hey Cherries 😊
I was up late and checked out yesterday's Scrap a Day. Y'all crack me up, and it warms my heart to hear everyone's stories and comments ☺️
It's been a busy few days for me. I'm off work today and tomorrow AND have new goodies to play with! I'm looking forward to some relaxing crafting this weekend! 😊 I STILL have to post the layout I did the other day LOL!
I've been slowly reorganizing some of my flat embellishments - and I THINK this might be the way to go for me. Instead of binders, I'm pasting my die cuts, ephemera etc into notebooks. (I REALLY need my binders for albums AND stamps storage!) I get so inspired by the way others organize LOL and soon I'm getting MORE 12x12 gallon sized bags for creating more page kits. (I'm breaking my kits down into smaller page kits complete with notes AND photos! I honestly have a LOT that I want to scrap LOL! I should be organizing my piles of clothes in the bedroom, BUT HONESTLY arts and crafts stuff is WAY MORE fun! 😂
Anyway I'm going to enjoy my day! It's a little warmer today, but STILL nice enough! ☺️ I have correspondence to attend to, an TONS of notifications, but we'll have a good weekend of it! 😉
Stay blessed, Cherries! 🍒❤️☺️
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 963

Post by suewho372 »

pawprints wrote:

Hi Barb!
Hope you get to your garage cleaning project!
Glad to hear that you are working on a scrappy project and can’t wait to see it!
Susan

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2389

Post by Art_Teacher »

pawprints wrote:

Glad you found your scrappy mojo, Barb.  I hope you get everything done this weekend!

Laura
 Image    Image      Image   
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:01 am
Hey Cherries 😊
I was up late and checked out yesterday's Scrap a Day. Y'all crack me up, and it warms my heart to hear everyone's stories and comments ☺️
It's been a busy few days for me. I'm off work today and tomorrow AND have new goodies to play with! I'm looking forward to some relaxing crafting this weekend! 😊 I STILL have to post the layout I did the other day LOL!
I've been slowly reorganizing some of my flat embellishments - and I THINK this might be the way to go for me. Instead of binders, I'm pasting my die cuts, ephemera etc into notebooks. (I REALLY need my binders for albums AND stamps storage!) I get so inspired by the way others organize LOL and soon I'm getting MORE 12x12 gallon sized bags for creating more page kits. (I'm breaking my kits down into smaller page kits complete with notes AND photos! I honestly have a LOT that I want to scrap LOL! I should be organizing my piles of clothes in the bedroom, BUT HONESTLY arts and crafts stuff is WAY MORE fun! 😂
Anyway I'm going to enjoy my day! It's a little warmer today, but STILL nice enough! ☺️ I have correspondence to attend to, an TONS of notifications, but we'll have a good weekend of it! 😉
Yay for new goodies AND time to play! :)  Have a great weekend!

Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

Made it through my teacher work week, and was able to leave school around 4:00 each day (since we had 2 extra days to get ready and just a few meetings, thankfully!).  I got everything done to be ready for the kids on Monday, and we are already going to be on a 2-hour early release, because it is supposed to be over 90 next Monday.  smh  First day and already sending them home.  lol

Here is my layout for the BF Sketch 390.  Love my kitty and she loves her patio! :)

Laura
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1504

Post by Charleneanne »

Jeez. It is cool, heavily overcast and a bit of rain. Of course it is because I have a guy coming this morning to paint all the new wood that was replaced by roofers. lol He’s 15 minutes late and hasn’t called so don’t know if he’s coming or not.

Got a text yesterday that one of my brothers in Oregon and his wife are coming down to spend weekend in Tahoe and want to come by here Monday and spend a day or two with me. How nice and unexpected! He retired about a month ago and already doesn’t know what to do with all his free time.

So part of today will b getting guest rooms tidied etc. told them both guest rooms only have single beds in them. And since nobody has slept in either of them since Christmas 2019, they are full of junk .

Have a super Saturday
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Hey Cherries 😊

Hi Holly!
Yay gif 2 days off!!! Yes playing with our crafty stuff is way more fun! Have fun no matter what you decide to do and give yourself a little of things you HAVE to do and done if what you want to do!
Susan

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:12 am
Made it through my teacher work week, and was able to leave school around 4:00 each day (since we had 2 extra days to get ready and just a few meetings, thankfully!).  I got everything done to be ready for the kids on Monday, and we are already going to be on a 2-hour early release, because it is supposed to be over 90 next Monday.  smh  First day and already sending them home.  lol

Here is my layout for the BF Sketch 390.  Love my kitty and she loves her patio! :)

Yay for getting things done and ready ! That’s crazy about the weather already dictating the days! Hot hot !
Your layout is so lovely!!! Love your sweet little kitty!
Susan

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

Good morning!
I’m on an impromptu visit to see my dd. We are at the outlet mall looking for some business casual for her program.
Fingers crossed we find something. She’s trying some things on right now lol.
I did get a little painting done yesterday after work. So a little progress there!
Oops gotta go!
Talk more later have a good day!
Susan

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1842

Post by aheatfan »

pawprints wrote:

Glad you found your motivation and good luck with the cleaning  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Hey Cherries 😊
Happy crafting Holly, it is great that you have the whole weekend off   😊

🌴Kristin  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

Art_Teacher wrote:

Great layout and glad you are ready and that the meetings were not crazy as they can sometimes be, I had to laugh when I read that they were letting the kids go home because it was going to be 90.  Kids would be going home everyday here if that was the case. I am sure they are not disappointed but seems an odd way to start the school year. 

🌴Kristin  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

Charleneanne wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:36 am
Jeez. It is cool, heavily overcast and a bit of rain. Of course it is because I have a guy coming this morning to paint all the new wood that was replaced by roofers. lol He’s 15 minutes late and hasn’t called so don’t know if he’s coming or not.

Got a text yesterday that one of my brothers in Oregon and his wife are coming down to spend weekend in Tahoe and want to come by here Monday and spend a day or two with me. How nice and unexpected! He retired about a month ago and already doesn’t know what to do with all his free time.

So part of today will b getting guest rooms tidied etc. told them both guest rooms only have single beds in them. And since nobody has slept in either of them since Christmas 2019, they are full of junk .

Have a super Saturday
Enjoy your house guests  😊

🌴Kristin  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

suewho372 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:46 am
Good morning!
I’m on an impromptu visit to see my dd. We are at the outlet mall looking for some business casual for her program.
Fingers crossed we find something. She’s trying some things on right now lol.
I did get a little painting done yesterday after work. So a little progress there!
Oops gotta go!
Talk more later have a good day!
Happy shopping and good luck getting the painting finished. House projects never seem to end do they?

🌴Kristin  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

Good morning Cherries. I slept in way late this morning, 9:45, which is very late for me.  I forgot just how exhausting the first real week of kindergarten is. I think God makes it that way so you will keep coming back, lol.  I had lots of littles crying yesterday morning, I think they were just wiped out too.  They were quite sad to hear that there is no nap time in kindergarten.  We are off to a great start though and my high babies will begin the process of reading on Monday with me. I have NEVER had that this early in the year.  I have only done on August challenge (also unlike me) but plan to remedy that this weekend.  it's too hot here to do anything outside so laundry and scrapping it is.  Have a great Saturday everyone  😊
🌴Kristin  

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2098

Post by MTCanuk »

Everyone sounds busy today. Glad the teachers are surviving being back at work. So, thankful for you and your dedication.

As most mornings, a quiet one here. Made breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen. Pulled sheets off the bed. And headed to the grocery store for a few things. Need to take the tomatoes I canned earlier in the week downstairs and store them for the winter.

Then my day will be free.

Happy Saturday! Enjoy!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2098

Post by MTCanuk »

Art_Teacher wrote:

Pretty layout! I always love green!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

VickiR
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1444

Post by VickiR »

pawprints wrote:

Hope you get your project finished before the weather heats up again this week. We will be in the upper 80's and low 90's this week.  Ugh!  Looking forward to seeing your LO.
    ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”