Scrap a Day, August 23rd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1063

Scrap a Day, August 23rd

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. I was a total laze yesterday and never went for my glasses. I've already been there and back today and the lab did make a mistake and didn't do the transition so they are ordering me new lenses and will let me know when they come in. I am still trying to get my desire to scrap back and yesterday I did play around on my screen with a challenge so I hope to get myself to work on that today.

I want to thank all of you for your thoughts, concerns, good wishes, hugs, and prayers regarding my mom. She is doing so well right now and at 93 she is forgoing getting any treatment. She feels good now and wants to stay that way as long as possible. We are just taking it one day at a time.

Have a great day Cherries.

ImageImage Image Image  

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2098

Re: Scrap a Day, August 23rd

Post by MTCanuk »

Barb, Glad your mum remains well and I get her wishes. Just spend lots of time enjoying her company.

Not much new with me. Except the grandsons got their room cleaned up and therefore get to come over today. A little incentive works sometimes. Only a few days until they are back to school. Boy, the summer flew by, considering I was laid up for quite a few weeks.

Think we will be headed out camping with them next weekend. Just want to spend time with them all as the grands are growing up way too fast. Can’t believe the youngest will be 5 in a few short weeks.

Not much on my agenda for today. It’s suppose to be heating up around 90, so it will be indoors for me. Need to get my walk in while the morning is still cool!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3752

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:41 am
Barb, Glad your mum remains well and I get her wishes. Just spend lots of time enjoying her company.

Not much new with me. Except the grandsons got their room cleaned up and therefore get to come over today. A little incentive works sometimes. Only a few days until they are back to school. Boy, the summer flew by, considering I was laid up for quite a few weeks.

Think we will be headed out camping with them next weekend. Just want to spend time with them all as the grands are growing up way too fast. Can’t believe the youngest will be 5 in a few short weeks.

Not much on my agenda for today. It’s suppose to be heating up around 90, so it will be indoors for me. Need to get my walk in while the morning is still cool!
Have fun with the grandkids!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning Barb and Leslie.  Happy today is FRIDAY.

Had a quiet day yesterday and made some major progress on a feature I'm working on for my client. Had to break it up into 4 parts and got the first 2 parts done yesterday. Working on Part 3 (which will take the longest). Already went to the store and got groceries for the week. Need to sweep/mop floors sometime today. I also need to touch base with my SIL and see how she's doing.

We broke another record yesterday 🔥  Expecting our temps to be back to normal next week (lower 90s), which will be nice.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1504

Post by Charleneanne »

Hmmm looks so fallish and cool out my open kitchen door. Ckoudy skies and strong breeze. Only 76 today.

Lots to do today. Pick up paint cause the painter will b here at 8 am tomorrow morning. Ugh. Run up to the little town next to ours and pick up some fancy candy as a bday gift for friends party this weekend. And call my Opthamologists office and tell the head guy either transfer me back to being his patient or I’m looking for a new dr. The quack idiot they transferred me to sucks, gets on my nerves, talks down to me like one would talk to a child (I’m twice her age), makes stupid off the wall rash statements about my vision, etc. I have seen her 3x this year already and she has me scheduled again the day before I leave for Florida in October. I normally go in twice a year. I want to slap her and then give her a rubber band so she can get all that wild hair gathered up and away from my eyes when doing the exam. OK rant over. lol

Have a friendly Friday
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Charleneanne wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 12:41 pm
Hmmm looks so fallish and cool out my open kitchen door. Ckoudy skies and strong breeze. Only 76 today.

Lots to do today. Pick up paint cause the painter will b here at 8 am tomorrow morning. Ugh. Run up to the little town next to ours and pick up some fancy candy as a bday gift for friends party this weekend. And call my Opthamologists office and tell the head guy either transfer me back to being his patient or I’m looking for a new dr. The quack idiot they transferred me to sucks, gets on my nerves, talks down to me like one would talk to a child (I’m twice her age), makes stupid off the wall rash statements about my vision, etc. I have seen her 3x this year already and she has me scheduled again the day before I leave for Florida in October. I normally go in twice a year. I want to slap her and then give her a rubber band so she can get all that wild hair gathered up and away from my eyes when doing the exam. OK rant over. lol

Have a friendly Friday
OMG! I'd transfer too. Boo on the quack idiot!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Charleneanne wrote:

Have a friendly Friday
Charleneanne you gave me such a good laugh! Loved your rant!! Lol! Seriously doctors like that suck and honestly if you can't be nice to a patient then why are you a doctor at all? Ugh. I hope you get your regular doctor back!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

MTCanuk wrote:

Wow 5 already! It's so hard to believe how fast they grow up. My little firecracker just turned 7!

ImageImage Image Image  

VickiR
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1444

Post by VickiR »

pawprints wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:15 am
Hey Cherries. I was a total laze yesterday and never went for my glasses. I've already been there and back today and the lab did make a mistake and didn't do the transition so they are ordering me new lenses and will let me know when they come in. I am still trying to get my desire to scrap back and yesterday I did play around on my screen with a challenge so I hope to get myself to work on that today.

I want to thank all of you for your thoughts, concerns, good wishes, hugs, and prayers regarding my mom. She is doing so well right now and at 93 she is forgoing getting any treatment. She feels good now and wants to stay that way as long as possible. We are just taking it one day at a time.

Glad you got your glasses figured out, Barb.  That would be stressful for me with only one eye.  I hope they put a rush on them for you.   Sending good wishes and prayers for your mom.  My mother had the same mind set when she was ill.  It's hard for us as we never want to let go.  Hugs for you and all of the memories it stirs up.

ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

MTCanuk wrote:

Camping with the grands sounds like a grand idea!  They grow so fast.

ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:58 am

Had a quiet day yesterday and made some major progress on a feature I'm working on for my client. Had to break it up into 4 parts and got the first 2 parts done yesterday. Working on Part 3 (which will take the longest). Already went to the store and got groceries for the week. Need to sweep/mop floors sometime today. I also need to touch base with my SIL and see how she's doing.

We broke another record yesterday 🔥  Expecting our temps to be back to normal next week (lower 90s), which will be nice.

Hope your SIL is doing better.  Our temps are perfect this week with highs of low 80s and night time lows in the upper 50s.  Next week though...back to the upper 80s and low 90s.  It is pleasant without the humidity.

ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

Charleneanne wrote:

Have a friendly Friday
ROFL!  Charlene, you made me spit out my soda.  I will never get that picture out of my head.  LOL!  Sounds like she has absolutely no rapport with patients.  I would be switching too.  I go to My Eye Doctor for just my glasses and called to make an appointment last week.  The Optometrist that I saw is no longer there and they have switched to virtual doctors.  What?  The tech does the physical exam while the doctor is on the computer screen.  Uh, no thanks.  My sight is too important.  I searched and found where the optometrist went and made an appointment with her new location.

ImageImage
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

VickiR wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 1:45 pm
pawprints wrote:

Glad you got your glasses figured out, Barb.  That would be stressful for me with only one eye.  I hope they put a rush on them for you.   Sending good wishes and prayers for your mom.  My mother had the same mind set when she was ill.  It's hard for us as we never want to let go.  Hugs for you and all of the memories it stirs up. 

It's not a problem with my glasses. They are progressives and the prescription is fine. The problem is that the transition where they turn dark in sunlight was not done so they don't become sunglasses when I am outside or driving. I can see fine with them though and didn't have to leave them they are just ordering new lenses and then will replace the ones I have now when they come in.

Thank you on my mom. Yes it is hard we are still all in shock and don't believe she even has this. It is hard not knowing what the future will bring we are all just hoping that she remains how she is now for as long as possible.

ImageImage Image Image  

VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

We were up and out early to take our SUV for oil change, tire rotation and new wiper blades.  DH used our GM points for the service and it covered almost all of the service charge.  The wiper blades....the front 2 were $30 each and the back one was $35.  Are you kidding?  $95 for 3 wiper blades.  No, they are not lined with gold and they better do a good job when they're needed!  LOL!  Did some yard work when we got home and then I watched Rachel and Jess's You Tube Live.  So fun and it got me thinking....
    ImageImage
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

VickiR wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 1:54 pm
Charleneanne wrote:

Have a friendly Friday
ROFL!  Charlene, you made me spit out my soda.  I will never get that picture out of my head.  LOL!  Sounds like she has absolutely no rapport with patients.  I would be switching too.  I go to My Eye Doctor for just my glasses and called to make an appointment last week.  The Optometrist that I saw is no longer there and they have switched to virtual doctors.  What?  The tech does the physical exam while the doctor is on the computer screen.  Uh, no thanks.  My sight is too important.  I searched and found where the optometrist went and made an appointment with her new location. 

Geez Vicki that is crazy! Glad you found where your optometrist went. I hate when I have to get a new doctor. I am going through that now with my GYN that retired. He had been my only GYN since I was pregnant with my kids over 40 years ago. I always said that they would have to drag me kicking and screaming from that man. He retired this past Dec and now I have yet to make an appointment with the new GYN that took over his practice. I keep putting it off. Ugh.

ImageImage Image Image  

VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

pawprints wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:03 pm
VickiR wrote:
Charleneanne wrote:

Have a friendly Friday

Geez Vicki that is crazy! Glad you found where your optometrist went. I hate when I have to get a new doctor. I am going through that now with my GYN that retired. He had been my only GYN since I was pregnant with my kids over 40 years ago. I always said that they would have to drag me kicking and screaming from that man. He retired this past Dec and now I have yet to make an appointment with the new GYN that took over his practice. I keep putting it off. Ugh.

Oh wow, I totally get that Barb.  I worked in L&D with the doc that delivered our kids 40 and 42.  However, we moved with DH's job transfers and I had to switch 5 times!  Not a comfortable feeling each time.  LOL!  I put it off more and more now that I'm older and they said every 2 years works.  However, I still get my mammo yearly.

ImageImage
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 500

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:

Barb, I know exactly how you’re feeling right now. My mom was 84 and had been sick for awhile. She had a rare kind of cancer that doesn’t show up on any tests. The only found it when they operated on her and snipped something which was supposed to cause a reaction. That didn’t happen so they started trying to figure out why and she was full of stage 4. We had 4 months with her after that. We spent a lot of time with her until the very end. It’s been 11 years in October and I still miss her a lot! But she’s not suffering anymore and dad followed her a few months later. Your mom is relatively healthy now so hopefully you’ll have a lot more time with her. I know you’re cherishing that time with her. I’m praying for you both and sending lots of {{{HUGS}}} too!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

MTCanuk wrote:

Yay for boys having clean rooms and for getting to visit with them!!! Camping sounds like fun too. Our youngest grandchild is Joe who will be 11 in October! I swear the grands grow up twice as fast as our kids did!!!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

VickiR wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:23 pm
pawprints wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:03 pm
VickiR wrote:

Oh wow, I totally get that Barb.  I worked in L&D with the doc that delivered our kids 40 and 42.  However, we moved with DH's job transfers and I had to switch 5 times!  Not a comfortable feeling each time.  LOL!  I put it off more and more now that I'm older and they said every 2 years works.  However, I still get my mammo yearly.

Ugh, I'm sure that was no fun at all!

ImageImage Image Image  

GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:58 am

Brandy, glad you’re getting your work projects done! And I hope your SIL is feeling better!

Too bad we can’t combine your heat with our weather! It’s grey and gloomy with some rain (yay!!!) and our high will only be 55 today! I’m wearing a long sleeved top with sweat pants and a sweater! Ridiculous for August even up here!!!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”