So frustrated! My Photos library is messed up

Moderator: ACOT Employee

hsblair
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 632

So frustrated! My Photos library is messed up

Post by hsblair »

I was trying to find some pictures to scrap last night and I found that some of my photos (mostly older ones from 2012-2014ish) were out of order and the dates on them had been been changed. Then I noticed some pictures were just flat out missing (I compared to a photo library on my old computer that is not hooked up to iCloud). I started messing around with things and have now completely messed up my library. My computer guy can’t help me til Tuesday, and he told me to keep my computer disconnected from the internet.

Does anyone else used iCloud for storage? Have you had any issues with missing photos? I don’t like that everything is synched and anything that’s changed on my computer is also changed on my phone!

Anyway, I’m going to feel lost for the next 5 days without my computer! I will try to do some scrapping with photos I already have printed and do everything on my phone… but I had big plans for the next 10 days! We’ve been on vacation for the past week so I really wanted to catch up. So, sorry that I’ll be less productive in the team challenge. I do hope to get back on my computer in time to get my double page challenge posted for September.
Image Image Image Image
Kelly R.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 101

Re: So frustrated! My Photos library is messed up

Post by Kelly R. »

I am so sorry.  It's  very frustrating to loss precious photos.  I do not use iCloud.  I put all my photos on Shutterfly and an USB drive.   I take most of my photos with my Canon digital camera instead of my phone.  That way I can use my tripod. 

My computer recently crashed.  I knew jt was about to, so I downloaded everything to a USB drive just to make sure I didn't  lose anything.  Shutterfly changed all the dates on my photo albums.  Several are listed as 1979.  I have no idea how that happened.  They keep changing programs so it's  an issue on their end.

I hope you get it all working again.  

:) Kelly 
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 339

Post by Flasher »

I do not use iCloud.  But, I'm sorry to hear that your photos have gotten messed up.  I hope you don't lose anything. 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 825

Post by stinkerbelle »

oh that stinks!  i hope your computer guy can fix it!
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  ImageImage
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 500

Post by GinniG »

I'm sorry this has happened to you!!!  I've had it happen myself and know what you're going through.  That's why I save EVERYTHING on a USB drive and also on Google Photos and on my computer.  I used to keep things on Costco and then let my membership expire and lost all of those.  And I had a lot on Photobucket but now they're charging to keep anything on there.  I hope your tech guy can help you!  Good Luck!!!

Return to “General Talk”