Scrap a Day, August 18th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1504

Re: Scrap a Day, August 18th

Post by Charleneanne »

Well feeling like making lots of cards today . Had plans sort of with a friend but those got cancelled. I got a couple Waffle Flower layering stencils for the postal collage a couple weeks ago that I haven’t used yet. But lol now I can’t find them! They are the fall one and the gingerbread one. Guess maybe a bit of cleaning too!

Weather is pleasant only getting AC on warm enough by mid to late afternoon and turning it off and opening windows and doors after supper. That’s good cause just got electricity bill from that long hot stretch and it was a whopper.

Roofers start early tomorrow morning about 7. Yaay for a new roof. Boo so early. lol. I am so not an early morning person.

Have a serene Sunday and enjoy life.
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3752

Post by blbabe1234 »

aheatfan wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:54 am
Good morning Barb, Happy Birthday to your beautiful little lady. Glad to read yesterday that your mom is feeling well, you have been in my prayers. I have been here only for a couple minutes each day the last week, trying to catch up and send birthday wishes. 

School is underway, we finished our first two days.  It has been non-stop the last two weeks. Everything in my body hurts but that will pass.  My summer insomnia is now gone completely as I am wiped out each day, lol.  I have a great class though and have found renewed joy in teaching again. Last year was soooo hard and I thought about leaving so many times...but I am loving this year so far. Yesterday I did the last of the MMC's and am hoping to get to at least a challenge or two today.  I have missed scrapping!!

Have a great day everyone and an even better week  😊
Glad things are starting off much better this year. Hugs Kristin!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:48 am
I am here, exhausted, but here!  lol  2 more days until I have to go back to work/school, and we successfully accomplished DH's class reunion last night!  It was terrific.  The weather was lovely and breezy, and the rain held off until after we ate, at which time, everyone scurried to bring stuff inside and we hung out in the basement game room and some stayed in our garage, where we had put the food tables to keep them under cover.  Unfortunately, all our chairs/tables were soaked, so we had to stand the rest of the evening, but nobody seemed to mind, and the last people left at about 9:45.  Potluck was definitely the way to go!  We ate tons of yummy food, and everyone enjoyed choosing songs from DH's jukebox. We had 31 people, including 17 of DH's 77 classmates and many of their spouses.  I told them they did proportionately better than my class at our 35-year, because we had 140 people and only about 23 classmates showed.  lol  Everyone seemed like they had a good time and were surprised at how nice our backyard is. :)

The rest of my day will be relaxing, because I have cleaned for 3 days and I am tired!  lol

Glad it was a success! Now you get to relax until you go back to school. Put your feet up!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

GinniG wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:11 pm
Hey Cherries!!! Guess WHAT!!! WE HAVE WATER!!!!! 300 gallons of fresh clean spring water!!! And amazing neighbors.

First thing I did was two loads in the dishwasher. Lol! Today I’ll get a shower. Won’t be a long one because we only have a 5 gallon hot water heater here in the cabin. But it will be nice to shower at home! And there’s maybe an inch of rain inthe forecast for the end of the week. YAYAYAY!!!

Meanwhile it’s supposed to get up to 83 here today. That shower might have to wait till it starts to cool off this evening!!!!

Now that my kitchen counters are back to normal I need to clean them. And I want to do the last 2 MMCs today. I haven’t been able to find any layouts older than 2014 which is after I discovered Allison Davis and her sketches so my style really hasn’t changed a lot. But I’m gonna look one more place and see if I can’t find something from the early 2000s.

Hope you’re all having a scraptastic Sunday!!!

Yay for water!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Charleneanne wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:30 pm
Well feeling like making lots of cards today . Had plans sort of with a friend but those got cancelled. I got a couple Waffle Flower layering stencils for the postal collage a couple weeks ago that I haven’t used yet. But lol now I can’t find them! They are the fall one and the gingerbread one. Guess maybe a bit of cleaning too!

Weather is pleasant only getting AC on warm enough by mid to late afternoon and turning it off and opening windows and doors after supper. That’s good cause just got electricity bill from that long hot stretch and it was a whopper.

Roofers start early tomorrow morning about 7. Yaay for a new roof. Boo so early. lol. I am so not an early morning person.

Have fun making cards today!

Sorry for the early wake-up times for you but yay for new roof!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hello cherries! Barb, Happy Birthday to your sweet JJ! Have fun with the kiddos!

Today is also Draven's 6th Birthday. We will try to celebrate as a family next weekend as my SIL got what the boys had but worse. She sounded so bad when I called earlier. Draven is fine and so is my brother. My Jasper continues to have congestion and the 2 littles are coughin and sneezing. No bueno!

Update on my BIL: He is MUCHO better! Out of ICU and into a room as of late Friday night. BLood sugars are still coming down - 125. Pneumonia is cleared up. He has a g-tube for feeding. Getting insulin shot.

Slow moving this morning - slept in a bit like yesterday. Got the dishwasher unloaded and made breakfast. Worked on MMC #3.

Off to clean up my table and get started on BF sketch.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2093

Post by MTCanuk »

More than half the day is gone already. Playing in my scrap space got the BF sketch done.

Got my walk in before it heats up. Gone a little further the last couple of days. Heating back up into the 90’s for the next couple of days. Thinking tomorrow I may have to tackle some of those tomatoes. They are ripening up nicely.

Easy peasy dinner tonight- leftovers.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1061

Post by pawprints »

aheatfan wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:54 am
Good morning Barb, Happy Birthday to your beautiful little lady. Glad to read yesterday that your mom is feeling well, you have been in my prayers. I have been here only for a couple minutes each day the last week, trying to catch up and send birthday wishes. 

School is underway, we finished our first two days.  It has been non-stop the last two weeks. Everything in my body hurts but that will pass.  My summer insomnia is now gone completely as I am wiped out each day, lol.  I have a great class though and have found renewed joy in teaching again. Last year was soooo hard and I thought about leaving so many times...but I am loving this year so far. Yesterday I did the last of the MMC's and am hoping to get to at least a challenge or two today.  I have missed scrapping!!

Have a great day everyone and an even better week  😊
Thank you Kristin. I am so happy to hear you have a great class this year and it has renewed your joy of teaching. I hope you have a really wonderful year.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

VickiR wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:13 am
pawprints wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:48 am
Hey Cherries. Seven years ago today a little premie came into the world, much earlier than expected. Today she is a chatty, non stop bundle of energy. I’ll be going over to DD’s later today to celebrate JJ’s birthday. First I have to wrap her presents and make her card.

Have a great day Cherries.

Happiest of birthdays to JJ!  Hope she has a wonderful day of celebration.

Thank you. DD took her to have her nails done. I'll be going over to see her in a bit.

ImageImage Image Image  

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Got the BF sketch done

Now I need to clean up my area and then it'll be time to make dinner.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:48 am
I am here, exhausted, but here!  lol  2 more days until I have to go back to work/school, and we successfully accomplished DH's class reunion last night!  It was terrific.  The weather was lovely and breezy, and the rain held off until after we ate, at which time, everyone scurried to bring stuff inside and we hung out in the basement game room and some stayed in our garage, where we had put the food tables to keep them under cover.  Unfortunately, all our chairs/tables were soaked, so we had to stand the rest of the evening, but nobody seemed to mind, and the last people left at about 9:45.  Potluck was definitely the way to go!  We ate tons of yummy food, and everyone enjoyed choosing songs from DH's jukebox. We had 31 people, including 17 of DH's 77 classmates and many of their spouses.  I told them they did proportionately better than my class at our 35-year, because we had 140 people and only about 23 classmates showed.  lol  Everyone seemed like they had a good time and were surprised at how nice our backyard is. :)

The rest of my day will be relaxing, because I have cleaned for 3 days and I am tired!  lol
I am so glad to hear it was a huge success and that everyone had a great time! Now you need the next few days to just chill before you have to go back to work.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

GinniG wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 1:55 pm
pawprints wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:48 am
Hey Cherries. Seven years ago today a little premie came into the world, much earlier than expected. Today she is a chatty, non stop bundle of energy. I’ll be going over to DD’s later today to celebrate JJ’s birthday. First I have to wrap her presents and make her card.

Have a great day Cherries.

Happy birthday to JJ!!! I’m sure she will have an awesome day! And I’m sure you’ll enjoy it too Barb! 
Thank you!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Charleneanne wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:30 pm

I hear you, I am so not an early morning person either. When they did my roof they started at 7 am also. Ugh. Hopefully they can have your roof done in a day or two.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:56 pm
Hello cherries! Barb, Happy Birthday to your sweet JJ! Have fun with the kiddos!

Today is also Draven's 6th Birthday. We will try to celebrate as a family next weekend as my SIL got what the boys had but worse. She sounded so bad when I called earlier. Draven is fine and so is my brother. My Jasper continues to have congestion and the 2 littles are coughin and sneezing. No bueno!

Update on my BIL: He is MUCHO better! Out of ICU and into a room as of late Friday night. BLood sugars are still coming down - 125. Pneumonia is cleared up. He has a g-tube for feeding. Getting insulin shot.

Slow moving this morning - slept in a bit like yesterday. Got the dishwasher unloaded and made breakfast. Worked on MMC #3.

Off to clean up my table and get started on BF sketch.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Thanks Brandy. Happy Birthday to Draven too! So sorry half of them are sick and you have to hold off celebrating.

Great news on your bil! He is truly a real fighter!

Very sweet layout!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:07 pm
Got the BF sketch done

Now I need to clean up my area and then it'll be time to make dinner.
So adorable!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

GinniG wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:11 pm
Hey Cherries!!! Guess WHAT!!! WE HAVE WATER!!!!! 300 gallons of fresh clean spring water!!! And amazing neighbors.

First thing I did was two loads in the dishwasher. Lol! Today I’ll get a shower. Won’t be a long one because we only have a 5 gallon hot water heater here in the cabin. But it will be nice to shower at home! And there’s maybe an inch of rain inthe forecast for the end of the week. YAYAYAY!!!

Meanwhile it’s supposed to get up to 83 here today. That shower might have to wait till it starts to cool off this evening!!!!

Now that my kitchen counters are back to normal I need to clean them. And I want to do the last 2 MMCs today. I haven’t been able to find any layouts older than 2014 which is after I discovered Allison Davis and her sketches so my style really hasn’t changed a lot. But I’m gonna look one more place and see if I can’t find something from the early 2000s.

Hope you’re all having a scraptastic Sunday!!!

That is awesome Ginni! So happy for you!

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”