Scrap a Day, August 18th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1061

Scrap a Day, August 18th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Seven years ago today a little premie came into the world, much earlier than expected. Today she is a chatty, non stop bundle of energy. I’ll be going over to DD’s later today to celebrate JJ’s birthday. First I have to wrap her presents and make her card.

Have a great day Cherries.

ImageImage Image Image  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1842

Re: Scrap a Day, August 18th

Post by aheatfan »

Good morning Barb, Happy Birthday to your beautiful little lady. Glad to read yesterday that your mom is feeling well, you have been in my prayers. I have been here only for a couple minutes each day the last week, trying to catch up and send birthday wishes. 

School is underway, we finished our first two days.  It has been non-stop the last two weeks. Everything in my body hurts but that will pass.  My summer insomnia is now gone completely as I am wiped out each day, lol.  I have a great class though and have found renewed joy in teaching again. Last year was soooo hard and I thought about leaving so many times...but I am loving this year so far. Yesterday I did the last of the MMC's and am hoping to get to at least a challenge or two today.  I have missed scrapping!!

Have a great day everyone and an even better week  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 549

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:48 am
Hey Cherries. Seven years ago today a little premie came into the world, much earlier than expected. Today she is a chatty, non stop bundle of energy. I’ll be going over to DD’s later today to celebrate JJ’s birthday. First I have to wrap her presents and make her card.

I hope you have a blast with the grands, today! ☺️ So sweet to see them growing so fast!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

aheatfan wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:54 am
Good morning Barb, Happy Birthday to your beautiful little lady. Glad to read yesterday that your mom is feeling well, you have been in my prayers. I have been here only for a couple minutes each day the last week, trying to catch up and send birthday wishes. 

School is underway, we finished our first two days.  It has been non-stop the last two weeks. Everything in my body hurts but that will pass.  My summer insomnia is now gone completely as I am wiped out each day, lol.  I have a great class though and have found renewed joy in teaching again. Last year was soooo hard and I thought about leaving so many times...but I am loving this year so far. Yesterday I did the last of the MMC's and am hoping to get to at least a challenge or two today.  I have missed scrapping!!

Glad to hear that everything is going well with back to school/work, Kristin! ☺️ I hope you get a little more scrappy time in today! ☺️☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
Happy Sunday! ☺️ I'm enjoying some coffee me some quiet this morning. I stubbornly got up before my alarm. Mr Joplin thinks he's my alarm now! 😂😂 😂
So, Bible study for a little while, then time to get ready for work! ☺️ It's gonna be a good day! 😊 I'm maybe doing some more scrappin' after work. We shall see. There's so MANY MORE challenges I want to do; gotta busy week and trying to plan accordingly! ☺️
Stay blessed, Cherries!😊
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:09 am
Hey Cherries 😊
Happy Sunday! ☺️ I'm enjoying some coffee me some quiet this morning. I stubbornly got up before my alarm. Mr Joplin thinks he's my alarm now! 😂😂 😂
So, Bible study for a little while, then time to get ready for work! ☺️ It's gonna be a good day! 😊 I'm maybe doing some more scrappin' after work. We shall see. There's so MANY MORE challenges I want to do; gotta busy week and trying to plan accordingly! ☺️
Stay blessed, Cherries!😊

Hope you get some scrappy time today  😊
🌴Kristin  

VickiR
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1439

Post by VickiR »

pawprints wrote:

Happiest of birthdays to JJ!  Hope she has a wonderful day of celebration.

ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

aheatfan wrote:

Sounds like your school year is going well already.  I'm happy for your renewed joy in teaching.  Little people need a good start and I'm sure they are getting that in your classroom.

ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Hey Cherries 😊
Stay blessed, Cherries!😊
Sounds like your morning is off to a good start!  Hope all goes well, you have a good day at work and get some scrapping in this evening.

ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

I can't believe it's August 18th already.  Our grandkids will be back in school the day after Labor Day.  Only 2 going back this year.  One in 3rd and one in 8th.  Gheez, time is a thief.  Weather watch for us today with thunderstorms off and on all day long. Planning to get a few craft projects done today too.
    ImageImage
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2388

Post by Art_Teacher »

I am here, exhausted, but here!  lol  2 more days until I have to go back to work/school, and we successfully accomplished DH's class reunion last night!  It was terrific.  The weather was lovely and breezy, and the rain held off until after we ate, at which time, everyone scurried to bring stuff inside and we hung out in the basement game room and some stayed in our garage, where we had put the food tables to keep them under cover.  Unfortunately, all our chairs/tables were soaked, so we had to stand the rest of the evening, but nobody seemed to mind, and the last people left at about 9:45.  Potluck was definitely the way to go!  We ate tons of yummy food, and everyone enjoyed choosing songs from DH's jukebox. We had 31 people, including 17 of DH's 77 classmates and many of their spouses.  I told them they did proportionately better than my class at our 35-year, because we had 140 people and only about 23 classmates showed.  lol  Everyone seemed like they had a good time and were surprised at how nice our backyard is. :)

The rest of my day will be relaxing, because I have cleaned for 3 days and I am tired!  lol
Laura
 Image    Image      Image   
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

VickiR wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:19 am
I can't believe it's August 18th already.  Our grandkids will be back in school the day after Labor Day.  Only 2 going back this year.  One in 3rd and one in 8th.  Gheez, time is a thief.  Weather watch for us today with thunderstorms off and on all day long. Planning to get a few craft projects done today too.

The older I get the more I realize that time is our greatest gift and the hardest to hold on to. 
🌴Kristin  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by aheatfan »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:48 am
I am here, exhausted, but here!  lol  2 more days until I have to go back to work/school, and we successfully accomplished DH's class reunion last night!  It was terrific.  The weather was lovely and breezy, and the rain held off until after we ate, at which time, everyone scurried to bring stuff inside and we hung out in the basement game room and some stayed in our garage, where we had put the food tables to keep them under cover.  Unfortunately, all our chairs/tables were soaked, so we had to stand the rest of the evening, but nobody seemed to mind, and the last people left at about 9:45.  Potluck was definitely the way to go!  We ate tons of yummy food, and everyone enjoyed choosing songs from DH's jukebox. We had 31 people, including 17 of DH's 77 classmates and many of their spouses.  I told them they did proportionately better than my class at our 35-year, because we had 140 people and only about 23 classmates showed.  lol  Everyone seemed like they had a good time and were surprised at how nice our backyard is. :)

The rest of my day will be relaxing, because I have cleaned for 3 days and I am tired!  lol
So glad your party went well. Rest up because reality is coming quickly. Enjoy your last two days  😊

🌴Kristin  

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2388

Post by Art_Teacher »

aheatfan wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:46 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:

So glad your party went well. Rest up because reality is coming quickly. Enjoy your last two days  😊

Right?  lol  At least my house is all in order when I start...that doesn't always happen!

Laura
 Image    Image      Image   
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 496

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:

Happy birthday to JJ!!! I’m sure she will have an awesome day! And I’m sure you’ll enjoy it too Barb!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

aheatfan wrote:

Kristin, I’m glad your year is starting off so much better than last year! I hope your body stops hurting soon too. Enjoy your scrappy time!!!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Hey Cherries 😊
Stay blessed, Cherries!😊

Lol on Joplin being your alarm clock Holly!!! Hope work isn’t too busy and hope you get some fun crafty time in!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

VickiR wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:19 am

Vicki, I can’t believe it either!!! This month has flown by!!! Hope the thunderstorms aren’t too bad there today! Have fun crafting!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

Art_Teacher wrote:

Oh Laura! I’m so glad the reunion was such a success!!! And how nice of the rain to hold off for you. :) Take it super easy and rest up!!!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

Hey Cherries!!! Guess WHAT!!! WE HAVE WATER!!!!! 300 gallons of fresh clean spring water!!! And amazing neighbors.

First thing I did was two loads in the dishwasher. Lol! Today I’ll get a shower. Won’t be a long one because we only have a 5 gallon hot water heater here in the cabin. But it will be nice to shower at home! And there’s maybe an inch of rain inthe forecast for the end of the week. YAYAYAY!!!

Meanwhile it’s supposed to get up to 83 here today. That shower might have to wait till it starts to cool off this evening!!!!

Now that my kitchen counters are back to normal I need to clean them. And I want to do the last 2 MMCs today. I haven’t been able to find any layouts older than 2014 which is after I discovered Allison Davis and her sketches so my style really hasn’t changed a lot. But I’m gonna look one more place and see if I can’t find something from the early 2000s.

Hope you’re all having a scraptastic Sunday!!!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”