Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: August Spend Smart Stash Bust Challenge
Thanks so much Holly!!! :)

beachlover

Cherry Addict

I blew it big already this month!  I bought about $75 worth of Creative Memories at my crop the first weekend of the month.
Then I placed a big ACOT order  :greenconfused:(over $100) this weekend and just got it yesterday.  Getting ready to open it now!  Maybe in September?
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

GinniG wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:35 pm
Thanks so much Holly!!! :)

Thank you for doing this challenge with us! ☺️ It's helped me so MUCH having all the support!

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

beachlover wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2024 3:36 pm
I blew it big already this month!  I bought about $75 worth of Creative Memories at my crop the first weekend of the month.
Then I placed a big ACOT order  :greenconfused:(over $100) this weekend and just got it yesterday.  Getting ready to open it now!  Maybe in September?

LOL Ann! Maybe you've been using so much stash that you needed to add more? 😂😅🤣
I've been VERY tempted to pick up a few things LOL! I hope you enjoy all your new goodies!

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
Well, I decided to treat myself just a little. I got a few things off my save for later list! A few inks, a traveler's notebook, a VERY good deal on some cardstock, a few papers, some wooden and chipboard elements, AND YES, ADHESIVE! ☺️I used gift cards, cherry points, AND the sale promo code! I spent around $30, I'm calling it Smart Spending - AND I'm happy!
I haven't bought anything since May, and have finished 46 projects since then! I feel REALLY good about those numbers! I'm gonna go bust up some stash, and I'm NOT spending again until Black Friday! 😉

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:51 pm
Hey Cherries 😊
Well, I decided to treat myself just a little. I got a few things off my save for later list! A few inks, a traveler's notebook, a VERY good deal on some cardstock, a few papers, some wooden and chipboard elements, AND YES, ADHESIVE! ☺️I used gift cards, cherry points, AND the sale promo code! I spent around $30, I'm calling it Smart Spending - AND I'm happy!
I haven't bought anything since May, and have finished 46 projects since then! I feel REALLY good about those numbers! I'm gonna go bust up some stash, and I'm NOT spending again until Black Friday! 😉

Yayyyyy! Way to go on those 46 projects!!!! What a great job saving and spending wisely!!
Susan

Kelly R.

Cherry Picker

Kelly_R wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:21 am
Thanks!  My Wedding Anniversary  mini album I  used the Echo Park Happy As Can Bee paper collection.  I have finished it and it's posted in my gallery. 

The Elegance in Blue paper will be for our Christmas  album this year.   I saw the Mintay Christmas  chipboard frames in the store and they will be perfect with this collection.

AG's website is having a sale today.  Oh no!  I'm  not going to look.  LOL.

OK, I looked.  LOL   :greenlol: but, I only bought 2 items.  Her Fall and Christmas paper borders.  $50 for both.  I hope I'm good for the rest of the month.  I so have to stop looking.   ;)
:) Kelly 

Birgit55~Chickadee

Cherry Berry

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Hey Cherries 😊
Yay Holly!  You've done so well, not buying anything new since May, and I would definitely agree that what you purchased, and how you paid for it was smart spending.  I really appreciate this challenge so much.  It helped me realize how quick I was to press that button to add things to my cart and check out.  I have a pile of new supplies that are waiting to be used.  I should spend more time creating than I do buying.  Oh!  And, 46 layouts is amazing!!

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

suewho372 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:58 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Hey Cherries 😊

Yayyyyy! Way to go on those 46 projects!!!! What a great job saving and spending wisely!!

☺️☺️☺️ I've been keeping track of how many projects I complete this year, and it's MORE than I realized! I thought, well, why not JUST get a few things? (As opposed to where I've went off the deep end and binge shopped!) 😉

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Kelly_R wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 2:20 pm
Kelly_R wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:21 am
Thanks!  My Wedding Anniversary  mini album I  used the Echo Park Happy As Can Bee paper collection.  I have finished it and it's posted in my gallery. 

The Elegance in Blue paper will be for our Christmas  album this year.   I saw the Mintay Christmas  chipboard frames in the store and they will be perfect with this collection.

AG's website is having a sale today.  Oh no!  I'm  not going to look.  LOL.

OK, I looked.  LOL   :greenlol: but, I only bought 2 items.  Her Fall and Christmas paper borders.  $50 for both.  I hope I'm good for the rest of the month.  I so have to stop looking.   ;)

Lol Kelly, I hear ya about not looking! I allow myself to look sometimes, but not ALL the time anymore. 😂

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Birgit55 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:50 am
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Hey Cherries 😊
Yay Holly!  You've done so well, not buying anything new since May, and I would definitely agree that what you purchased, and how you paid for it was smart spending.  I really appreciate this challenge so much.  It helped me realize how quick I was to press that button to add things to my cart and check out.  I have a pile of new supplies that are waiting to be used.  I should spend more time creating than I do buying.  Oh!  And, 46 layouts is amazing!!

Birgit- It's STILL true that I've got a few new supplies that I haven't used yet; however, I AM using MORE than buying nowadays, and it feels pretty good! ☺️ Groups like this, and ALL the Cherries, certainly help me motivate!
I think one of the reasons I was buying MORE than creating has to do with (1) emotional shopping, and (2) having not as much time to get crafty as I would like. Finding a balance can be difficult, but I've proved to myself that I can achieve it! ☺️
For example, I'm making a point to schedule creative time in, and THAT helps me because I've actually made the time to do things. I may not get to do all that I want in that amount of time, but little by little, I'm getting projects done!
I'm slowly falling into a pattern of shopping a few times a year instead of too often! Maybe I'm buying less when I shop now, but I tend to make sure I've got the basics covered MORE. Like, a few re-inkers here and there make more sense to buy than say, ephemera packs. I use inks in most of my projects, and I have went overboard on ephemera in the past! (Plus, I create a LOT of my own ephemera with stencils, stamps and dies!) I'm ALSO usually JUST getting things that will mix as match with what I ALREADY have. (For example, grab bags and gifts have given me some of a specific collection, and I JUST picked up about 4 papers from that collection!) Mixing and matching stretches my supplies and keeps me from feeling like my supplies are stale; using MORE gave me a little permission to (Smartly) buy JUST a few new things! 😉 EVEN IF I decided to skip shopping on Black Friday, I STILL have an abundance that feels brand new! 😉

Birgit55~Chickadee

Cherry Berry

That's great Holly!   Keep inspiring us to bust our stash and spend smart.  You're doing a fine job!!

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Birgit55 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:36 am
That's great Holly!   Keep inspiring us to bust our stash and spend smart.  You're doing a fine job!!
Thank you for saying that! 😊 Deanna inspired me, and I'm glad to hear that I'm passing the inspiration along!
☺️☺️☺️ I'm playing after work today lol there's soo MANY challenges left that I want to do! (Challenges REALLY help me, too! Lol!)

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee