Scrap a Day, August 16th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 495

Re: Scrap a Day, August 16th

Post by GinniG »

Hey dear Cherries! It’s a GORGEOUS day here. We even let the birds out to free range. Our rooster Foghorn went straight across to the next door neighbor’s hens. Lolol. He just abandons his own girls! Lolol! They’re really enjoying wandering around. And they’re learning I bring treats out for them so they started coming to me and following me looking for treats! Gotta love that! The duck Shirley and two hens Chickadee and Chip come right up and take food from my hand. But the geese won’t come within an arm’s length of me. Oh and speaking of geese it turns out that the 4 we still have are 1 female and 3 ganders! So we’re going to have to re-home 2 of the ganders. I need to put a notice out on the local community posts.

And we got some INCREDIBLY GOOD NEWS this week! I called the hospital in Kentucky to have them send me the paperwork for financial assistance for their bill. The lady I spoke to said there’s no balance due on this account!!!! Talk about shocked!!! She said it looked like the insurance had paid it ALL!!! And yesterday when we picked up the mail there was a refund check for all but $16 of the deposit we’d paid!!!!! That was a HUGE surprise blessing!!!!! So we treated ourselves to an early dinner before we got groceries and came home. Such a relief!!!

Today I’m going to work on getting layouts into albums. First thing I have to do is figure out what albums I’ve started. So that’s my job today.

Have a fantastic Friday ladies!!!!
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1061

Post by pawprints »

Charleneanne wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:44 pm
Well dang I was sick last night. Been feeling a bit down since CT scan was a bust and my doctor has no more ideas what is causing this stupid pain. Went outside and did yard work for a while then took a good long walk and came home made a nice dinner of swordfish steak/ potatoes at gratin.

And then I started feeling rotten so I went to bed. I did not get to sleep until 5am! I ached all over and went back and forth between freezing cold and sweating like a laborer. Slept a couple hours then up with really upset stomach. Man! What’s next? Drinking my morning Dr. Pepper and waiting to see. 😱

My boys are coming to supper tonight and I need to get a few things at grocery but guess we’ll find out if that’s happening . lol. Nice weather -up to 95 today but only in 80’s all weekend.

Feeling a little elderly right now. lol. Have a favorable Friday.

Feel better Charlenneanne. It sucks when you can't sleep and don't feel well. I hope you have a better night tonight and that you feel better tomorrow.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:45 pm
pawprints wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:41 am
Hey Cherries. Going over to see my mom today now that I am no longer contagious. I’ll wear a mask anyway because I still tested positive yesterday, although the line is faint compared to the bright red line I was getting the whole time. Things are not good regarding my mom and my heart aches and my tummy is in an uproar. For 93 years she has been so healthy this is just such a shock. Even her doctor is shocked. I have no desire to scrap right now I just can’t concentrate on it. I hope to maybe on the weekend just to keep my mind busy.

Hope you all have a great day.

I am so sorry, Barb. If it helps to ease your heartache, be thankful she has had 93 years of health.  I'm sending love of hugs and love to you and your family. xoxo 
Thank you Chris. Yes I am really grateful for that.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:21 pm
Sorry I've been a little quiet on the boards. I'm really worried about DH. I had mentioned before that he had a CT scan that shows a spot on his right lung. His cardiologist recommended a Pulmonologist, and he called first thing this morning and luckily they just had a cancellation so he has an appointment Monday morning. We are both trying to stay optimistic, but truth is we're both very scared. 

I was supposed to go to a crop tomorrow, but I cancelled because as I told the lady that runs the crop, I just don't feel like being "pleasant". 

In the meantime, I'm trying to scrap a little at home and a layout almost finished so I'll be posting to the gallery soon.

Many, many ((hugs)) Chris. I am so glad you didn't have to wait too long for an appointment. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. 

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:30 pm
And I almost forgot to mention that my youngest daughter had eye surgery on Wednesday. This is what she posted on FB this morning.

"Eye surgery recovery is no joke. Luckily it’s not the face down recovery, but I have to be upright at all times, including when i sleep. I slept in the recliner laying upright last night, per my surgeon’s suggestion. It sucked!! I can only do very little movement so the bubble in my eye doesn’t move too much.
I also got really nauseous at my post-op appt yesterday. I was really squeamish when they took the eye patch off. I wonder if I’ll be able to go back to contacts after this… I also have more fluid than normal in my eyes, so recovery is going to take longer. I wish I could have waited until the winter to do this! Unfortunately, the surgeon didn’t want to wait.
The worst part is I can’t play with or pick up my dogs. Image"

I've tried calling her but she is so much like me and probably not in the mood to chat! 
I'm so sorry your DD is going through this Chris. When my mom had eye surgery I remember the same thing she couldn't bend or lift anything and slept in her recliner. That sucks that she can't play with or pick up her dogs. And of course the doggies don't understand. 

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

GinniG wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:32 pm
pawprints wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:41 am
Hey Cherries. Going over to see my mom today now that I am no longer contagious. I’ll wear a mask anyway because I still tested positive yesterday, although the line is faint compared to the bright red line I was getting the whole time. Things are not good regarding my mom and my heart aches and my tummy is in an uproar. For 93 years she has been so healthy this is just such a shock. Even her doctor is shocked. I have no desire to scrap right now I just can’t concentrate on it. I hope to maybe on the weekend just to keep my mind busy.

Hope you all have a great day.

Oh Barb! Thank God for 83 years of good health. But it’s harder for both of you now. Spend as much time with her as possible without sacrificing your own physical and mental health. Lots of {{{HUGS}}} and prayers for you both.  

Thank you Ginni.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

GinniG wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:02 pm
Hey dear Cherries! It’s a GORGEOUS day here. We even let the birds out to free range. Our rooster Foghorn went straight across to the next door neighbor’s hens. Lolol. He just abandons his own girls! Lolol! They’re really enjoying wandering around. And they’re learning I bring treats out for them so they started coming to me and following me looking for treats! Gotta love that! The duck Shirley and two hens Chickadee and Chip come right up and take food from my hand. But the geese won’t come within an arm’s length of me. Oh and speaking of geese it turns out that the 4 we still have are 1 female and 3 ganders! So we’re going to have to re-home 2 of the ganders. I need to put a notice out on the local community posts.

And we got some INCREDIBLY GOOD NEWS this week! I called the hospital in Kentucky to have them send me the paperwork for financial assistance for their bill. The lady I spoke to said there’s no balance due on this account!!!! Talk about shocked!!! She said it looked like the insurance had paid it ALL!!! And yesterday when we picked up the mail there was a refund check for all but $16 of the deposit we’d paid!!!!! That was a HUGE surprise blessing!!!!! So we treated ourselves to an early dinner before we got groceries and came home. Such a relief!!!

Today I’m going to work on getting layouts into albums. First thing I have to do is figure out what albums I’ve started. So that’s my job today.

That is awesome that there is no balance due to the hospital! Wow! So happy for you both!

ImageImage Image Image  

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 549

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

GinniG wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:02 pm

I'm sooo glad about your good news! ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️🫂

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”