emmapaige
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 2506

Re: Scrap a Day, August 16th

Post by emmapaige »

trainmom wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:56 am
Hugs Barb.

I have my cleaning guy here today and I have chores to do but I will probably scrap a little, as I usually hide in my craft room when he's here.

going to the Phillies game tonight. They seem to have started winning again so hopefully that will continue tonight.

Enjoy the game tonight! Thank goodness they seem to have gotten out of that slump!! 

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Cherry Addict

Post by emmapaige »

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:12 am
I am totally pooped this morning after our travel day yesterday. But, I have now added American citizenship.

It was a super long day for me. I was out of the house by 7 am to fit my PT in. Came home and changed and on the road a little after 8. It’s a good 3 hour drive across the state west, over the mountains to Missoula. We arrived in good time and found somewhere for lunch. The ceremony was at 1pm. I believe Curtis filmed most of it. 24 of us became American citizens from 14 different countries. When it was over we headed to Costco and I shopped for both my DD and us. We headed home after and got here around 7pm. Long day. I have most of my Costco stuff I need to put away in the pantry. And attack laundry. Plan to spend a pretty quiet day, today.

Looks nice after some thunder storms last evening. Around 80ish they say.

Happy Friday, all!

That's great news Leslee!  Congratulations. 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Cherry Addict

Post by emmapaige »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:18 am
Good morning cherries. Many hugs Barb.

Yesterday was another day where I can't complain. Hoping today is the same since it is Friday.

Unloaded the dishwasher, finalized the grocery list and got groceries already. Put things away, made myself some breakfast and is about to get started on work. Still need sweep/mop the floors.

Hope everyone has a great day.

You always amaze me how much you accomplish so early in the morning. I've got to start getting out of bed earlier so I can get more done. DH does so much while I'm still in bed searching for cherries. He calls it "his therapy" so I won't disturb him! LOL!!!
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3748

Post by blbabe1234 »

Charleneanne wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:44 pm
Well dang I was sick last night. Been feeling a bit down since CT scan was a bust and my doctor has no more ideas what is causing this stupid pain. Went outside and did yard work for a while then took a good long walk and came home made a nice dinner of swordfish steak/ potatoes at gratin.

And then I started feeling rotten so I went to bed. I did not get to sleep until 5am! I ached all over and went back and forth between freezing cold and sweating like a laborer. Slept a couple hours then up with really upset stomach. Man! What’s next? Drinking my morning Dr. Pepper and waiting to see. 😱

My boys are coming to supper tonight and I need to get a few things at grocery but guess we’ll find out if that’s happening . lol. Nice weather -up to 95 today but only in 80’s all weekend.

Feeling a little elderly right now. lol. Have a favorable Friday.

Oh my Charlene. I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad. Maybe your boys can pick up some take out for dinner.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
emmapaige
Cherry Addict

Post by emmapaige »

Sorry I've been a little quiet on the boards. I'm really worried about DH. I had mentioned before that he had a CT scan that shows a spot on his right lung. His cardiologist recommended a Pulmonologist, and he called first thing this morning and luckily they just had a cancellation so he has an appointment Monday morning. We are both trying to stay optimistic, but truth is we're both very scared. 

I was supposed to go to a crop tomorrow, but I cancelled because as I told the lady that runs the crop, I just don't feel like being "pleasant". 

In the meantime, I'm trying to scrap a little at home and a layout almost finished so I'll be posting to the gallery soon.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Cherry Addict

Post by emmapaige »

And I almost forgot to mention that my youngest daughter had eye surgery on Wednesday. This is what she posted on FB this morning.

"Eye surgery recovery is no joke. Luckily it’s not the face down recovery, but I have to be upright at all times, including when i sleep. I slept in the recliner laying upright last night, per my surgeon’s suggestion. It sucked!! I can only do very little movement so the bubble in my eye doesn’t move too much.
I also got really nauseous at my post-op appt yesterday. I was really squeamish when they took the eye patch off. I wonder if I’ll be able to go back to contacts after this… I also have more fluid than normal in my eyes, so recovery is going to take longer. I wish I could have waited until the winter to do this! Unfortunately, the surgeon didn’t want to wait.
The worst part is I can’t play with or pick up my dogs. Image"

I've tried calling her but she is so much like me and probably not in the mood to chat! 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:21 pm
Sorry I've been a little quiet on the boards. I'm really worried about DH. I had mentioned before that he had a CT scan that shows a spot on his right lung. His cardiologist recommended a Pulmonologist, and he called first thing this morning and luckily they just had a cancellation so he has an appointment Monday morning. We are both trying to stay optimistic, but truth is we're both very scared. 

I was supposed to go to a crop tomorrow, but I cancelled because as I told the lady that runs the crop, I just don't feel like being "pleasant". 

In the meantime, I'm trying to scrap a little at home and a layout almost finished so I'll be posting to the gallery soon.

HUGS to both you and Ed!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:30 pm
And I almost forgot to mention that my youngest daughter had eye surgery on Wednesday. This is what she posted on FB this morning.

"Eye surgery recovery is no joke. Luckily it’s not the face down recovery, but I have to be upright at all times, including when i sleep. I slept in the recliner laying upright last night, per my surgeon’s suggestion. It sucked!! I can only do very little movement so the bubble in my eye doesn’t move too much.
I also got really nauseous at my post-op appt yesterday. I was really squeamish when they took the eye patch off. I wonder if I’ll be able to go back to contacts after this… I also have more fluid than normal in my eyes, so recovery is going to take longer. I wish I could have waited until the winter to do this! Unfortunately, the surgeon didn’t want to wait.

I've tried calling her but she is so much like me and probably not in the mood to chat! 
Oh wow...I'm so sorry to hear she had to have surgery. I haven't had eye surgery but I did have my deviated septum fixed about a decade ago and had to sit up right for a couple of days, as well as "whatever you do..don't sneeze". Good grief, that was hard. I also couldn't look down at all...so walking around outside was a no-no unless DH was around.

Hope her recovery goes much better moving forward. Hugs to her and you. I'm sure you're worried about her too.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
emmapaige
Cherry Addict

Post by emmapaige »

emmapaige wrote:

I just talked to my daughter, and she is miserable. Her fiancée has been wonderful but he has to go back to work on Wednesday (in Philadelpha) on Wednesday. If Andrea isn't feeling better by then, Ed and I may need to drive the 2 1/2 hours down to take care of her. She's my baby girl (at 51) and I would do anything for her. 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:25 pm
emmapaige wrote:

I just talked to my daughter, and she is miserable. Her fiancée has been wonderful but he has to go back to work on Wednesday (in Philadelpha) on Wednesday. If Andrea isn't feeling better by then, Ed and I may need to drive the 2 1/2 hours down to take care of her. She's my baby girl (at 51) and I would do anything for her.  
I'm so sorry recovery isn't being kind to her. Glad her fiancee is helpful though

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 495

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:41 am
Hey Cherries. Going over to see my mom today now that I am no longer contagious. I’ll wear a mask anyway because I still tested positive yesterday, although the line is faint compared to the bright red line I was getting the whole time. Things are not good regarding my mom and my heart aches and my tummy is in an uproar. For 93 years she has been so healthy this is just such a shock. Even her doctor is shocked. I have no desire to scrap right now I just can’t concentrate on it. I hope to maybe on the weekend just to keep my mind busy.

Hope you all have a great day.

Oh Barb! Thank God for 83 years of good health. But it’s harder for both of you now. Spend as much time with her as possible without sacrificing your own physical and mental health. Lots of {{{HUGS}}} and prayers for you both.
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

trainmom wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:56 am
Hugs Barb.

I have my cleaning guy here today and I have chores to do but I will probably scrap a little, as I usually hide in my craft room when he's here.

going to the Phillies game tonight. They seem to have started winning again so hopefully that will continue tonight.

Have fun at the Phillies game tonight Louise! Hope they win!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:12 am
I am totally pooped this morning after our travel day yesterday. But, I have now added American citizenship.

It was a super long day for me. I was out of the house by 7 am to fit my PT in. Came home and changed and on the road a little after 8. It’s a good 3 hour drive across the state west, over the mountains to Missoula. We arrived in good time and found somewhere for lunch. The ceremony was at 1pm. I believe Curtis filmed most of it. 24 of us became American citizens from 14 different countries. When it was over we headed to Costco and I shopped for both my DD and us. We headed home after and got here around 7pm. Long day. I have most of my Costco stuff I need to put away in the pantry. And attack laundry. Plan to spend a pretty quiet day, today.

Looks nice after some thunder storms last evening. Around 80ish they say.

Happy Friday, all!

Congratulations Leslee!!! Enjoy your quiet day!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:18 am
Good morning cherries. Many hugs Barb.

Yesterday was another day where I can't complain. Hoping today is the same since it is Friday.

Unloaded the dishwasher, finalized the grocery list and got groceries already. Put things away, made myself some breakfast and is about to get started on work. Still need sweep/mop the floors.

Hope everyone has a great day.

YAYAYAY for quiet days Brandy!!! Hope it stays that way! Enjoy your evening!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

Monroe1218 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:33 am
Well today has already been interesting.  I couldn't go back to sleep when I woke up a little past midnight - so I got up and started doing some cleaning that could be done quietly until about 330am.  I finally got back in bed and went back to sleep - and woke up a little before 8am.  I've already started doing most of the house chores and hopefully will have those done in just a little bit.

Grayson is having his best friend come stay the weekend to celebrate his 13th birthday!  Hard to believe that Grayson is going to be a teenager on Saturday!  I've got to go to the grocery store and stock up on snacks and things because these two boys love to eat - although you couldn't tell by looking at them, they are both pretty much a beanpole!  Ah, teenage metabolism!

Once I get back from the grocery store and get all of that put away, I'm going to scrapbook the rest of the weekend - or that's my plans for now.  As of now, I don't have any challenges uploaded for this month and I can't let Team Stinkerbelle down this month!!

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!!

When you can’t sleep it’s always good when you can make that time productive!!!! Happy birthday to Grayson!!! Teenage boys eat like ravenous raptors!!! Lolol!

Have fun scrapping!!! GO TEAM STINKERBELLE!!!!!!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:31 pm
Hey Cherries 😊
I've been adulting again 😂 I'm ready to relax now! I've already been up, fed cats, had coffee and Bible study, and laid back down again lol!
Oh! I saw Tiger Cat this morning and he ate like he was starving! 😂 It was good to see him; He REALLY helped me when I was grieving over Liam being taken.
I'm off today and I'm going to play with scrappy stuff!
Be blessed, Cherries!

Holly, I’m glad Tiger Cat came to say hi! Have fun playing!!!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:54 pm
DH and I are busy cleaning and organizing like mad for hosting his 40th high school reunion tomorrow afternoon/evening.  It seemed like we had so much time, but then there is so much to do!  Pray for us that the "rain" stays away.  It has just been misting here all morning, and supposed to have stronger rain tomorrow afternoon. Booo....after all this dry weather, it figures!

Laura, praying the rain holds off for you all! Hope the reunion is a great success!!!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

Charleneanne wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:44 pm
Well dang I was sick last night. Been feeling a bit down since CT scan was a bust and my doctor has no more ideas what is causing this stupid pain. Went outside and did yard work for a while then took a good long walk and came home made a nice dinner of swordfish steak/ potatoes at gratin.

And then I started feeling rotten so I went to bed. I did not get to sleep until 5am! I ached all over and went back and forth between freezing cold and sweating like a laborer. Slept a couple hours then up with really upset stomach. Man! What’s next? Drinking my morning Dr. Pepper and waiting to see. 😱

My boys are coming to supper tonight and I need to get a few things at grocery but guess we’ll find out if that’s happening . lol. Nice weather -up to 95 today but only in 80’s all weekend.

Feeling a little elderly right now. lol. Have a favorable Friday.

{{{HUGS}}} and prayers Charleneanne! I hope you feel better really soon! At least there wasn’t bad news from your CT scan. Hopefully your boys will bring you food and you can have a good evening together.
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:21 pm

Oh Chris! I understand not feeling like being “pleasant”. Hopefully the pulmonologist will have quick and permanent solutions for your DH. {{{HUGS}}} and prayers!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by GinniG »

emmapaige wrote:

Oh Chris! When it rains it pours! Adding your daughter to my prayers. {{{HUGS}}}

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”