Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1061

Re: Scrap a Day, August 16th

Post by pawprints »

VickiR wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:20 am
Hugs for you and your mom, Barb.  Watching our parents age and struggle is such a heartache.  Glad you are feeling better.

Thank you Vicki.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Monroe1218 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:21 am
pawprints wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:41 am
Hey Cherries. Going over to see my mom today now that I am no longer contagious. I’ll wear a mask anyway because I still tested positive yesterday, although the line is faint compared to the bright red line I was getting the whole time. Things are not good regarding my mom and my heart aches and my tummy is in an uproar. For 93 years she has been so healthy this is just such a shock. Even her doctor is shocked. I have no desire to scrap right now I just can’t concentrate on it. I hope to maybe on the weekend just to keep my mind busy.

Hope you all have a great day.

Sending hugs and prayers for you, Barb. Glad you are feeling some better and will be able to visit with your Mom.
If I had known that my Dad wasn't going to be with us much longer - I would have asked him some questions and maybe had him write the answers down in his handwriting.  I don't know if you or your Mom would be up to that - but maybe something to have to scrap later.   
Thank you Rebecca. My mom and I have discussed many things, but the things we really need the answers to she wishes she had asked her own mom. But that ship sailed a long time ago. She has been very into ancestry and my DS does that with her a lot. She really enjoys doing that with him.

ImageImage Image Image  

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 963

Post by suewho372 »

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:12 am
I am totally pooped this morning after our travel day yesterday. But, I have now added American citizenship.

It was a super long day for me. I was out of the house by 7 am to fit my PT in. Came home and changed and on the road a little after 8. It’s a good 3 hour drive across the state west, over the mountains to Missoula. We arrived in good time and found somewhere for lunch. The ceremony was at 1pm. I believe Curtis filmed most of it. 24 of us became American citizens from 14 different countries. When it was over we headed to Costco and I shopped for both my DD and us. We headed home after and got here around 7pm. Long day. I have most of my Costco stuff I need to put away in the pantry. And attack laundry. Plan to spend a pretty quiet day, today.

Looks nice after some thunder storms last evening. Around 80ish they say.

Happy Friday, all!

Congratulations!!!!! That is awesome!!!
Susan

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 963

Post by suewho372 »

pawprints wrote:
Hey Cherries. Going over to see my mom today now that I am no longer contagious. I’ll wear a mask anyway because I still tested positive yesterday, although the line is faint compared to the bright red line I was getting the whole time. Things are not good regarding my mom and my heart aches and my tummy is in an uproar. For 93 years she has been so healthy this is just such a shock. Even her doctor is shocked. I have no desire to scrap right now I just can’t concentrate on it. I hope to maybe on the weekend just to keep my mind busy.

Soooo many hugs- and I wish they were irl …
Susan

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

suewho372 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:59 am
pawprints wrote:

Soooo many hugs- and I wish they were irl … 

Thank you Susan.

ImageImage Image Image  

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 549

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:

Praying for you and your mom, Barb! 🙏🍒❤️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

trainmom wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:56 am
Hugs Barb.

I have my cleaning guy here today and I have chores to do but I will probably scrap a little, as I usually hide in my craft room when he's here.

going to the Phillies game tonight. They seem to have started winning again so hopefully that will continue tonight.

Have a good day, Louise! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:12 am
I am totally pooped this morning after our travel day yesterday. But, I have now added American citizenship.

It was a super long day for me. I was out of the house by 7 am to fit my PT in. Came home and changed and on the road a little after 8. It’s a good 3 hour drive across the state west, over the mountains to Missoula. We arrived in good time and found somewhere for lunch. The ceremony was at 1pm. I believe Curtis filmed most of it. 24 of us became American citizens from 14 different countries. When it was over we headed to Costco and I shopped for both my DD and us. We headed home after and got here around 7pm. Long day. I have most of my Costco stuff I need to put away in the pantry. And attack laundry. Plan to spend a pretty quiet day, today.

Looks nice after some thunder storms last evening. Around 80ish they say.

Happy Friday, all!

Leslee, SO glad to hear that you were able to make it to your ceremony yesterday! 😊 Congrats to you! 🎉👏😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:18 am
Good morning cherries. Many hugs Barb.

Yesterday was another day where I can't complain. Hoping today is the same since it is Friday.

Unloaded the dishwasher, finalized the grocery list and got groceries already. Put things away, made myself some breakfast and is about to get started on work. Still need sweep/mop the floors.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hoping your day runs smoothly, Brandy!😊
Last edited by Jolly Holly Scraps on Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Monroe1218 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:33 am
Well today has already been interesting.  I couldn't go back to sleep when I woke up a little past midnight - so I got up and started doing some cleaning that could be done quietly until about 330am.  I finally got back in bed and went back to sleep - and woke up a little before 8am.  I've already started doing most of the house chores and hopefully will have those done in just a little bit.

Grayson is having his best friend come stay the weekend to celebrate his 13th birthday!  Hard to believe that Grayson is going to be a teenager on Saturday!  I've got to go to the grocery store and stock up on snacks and things because these two boys love to eat - although you couldn't tell by looking at them, they are both pretty much a beanpole!  Ah, teenage metabolism!

Once I get back from the grocery store and get all of that put away, I'm going to scrapbook the rest of the weekend - or that's my plans for now.  As of now, I don't have any challenges uploaded for this month and I can't let Team Stinkerbelle down this month!!

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!!

Rebecca, I KNOW I sure wish I had that teenage metabolism! 😉 😂
I hope you get to get extra scrappy this weekend! 😊
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:18 pm
pawprints wrote:

Thank you Holly.

ImageImage Image Image  

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
I've been adulting again 😂 I'm ready to relax now! I've already been up, fed cats, had coffee and Bible study, and laid back down again lol!
Oh! I saw Tiger Cat this morning and he ate like he was starving! 😂 It was good to see him; He REALLY helped me when I was grieving over Liam being taken.
I'm off today and I'm going to play with scrappy stuff!
Be blessed, Cherries!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:28 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:18 pm
pawprints wrote:

Thank you Holly.

Always 🫂
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2388

Post by Art_Teacher »

pawprints wrote:

Hugs, Barb!  I hope you can enjoy your time with your Mom. 
Laura
 Image    Image      Image   
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2388

Post by Art_Teacher »

DH and I are busy cleaning and organizing like mad for hosting his 40th high school reunion tomorrow afternoon/evening.  It seemed like we had so much time, but then there is so much to do!  Pray for us that the "rain" stays away.  It has just been misting here all morning, and supposed to have stronger rain tomorrow afternoon. Booo....after all this dry weather, it figures!
Laura
 Image    Image      Image   
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:53 pm
pawprints wrote:

Hugs, Barb!  I hope you can enjoy your time with your Mom.  
Thanks Laura.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:54 pm
DH and I are busy cleaning and organizing like mad for hosting his 40th high school reunion tomorrow afternoon/evening.  It seemed like we had so much time, but then there is so much to do!  Pray for us that the "rain" stays away.  It has just been misting here all morning, and supposed to have stronger rain tomorrow afternoon. Booo....after all this dry weather, it figures!

Oh no! I hope the rain holds off for you!

ImageImage Image Image  

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3748

Post by blbabe1234 »

Monroe1218 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:33 am
Well today has already been interesting.  I couldn't go back to sleep when I woke up a little past midnight - so I got up and started doing some cleaning that could be done quietly until about 330am.  I finally got back in bed and went back to sleep - and woke up a little before 8am.  I've already started doing most of the house chores and hopefully will have those done in just a little bit.

Grayson is having his best friend come stay the weekend to celebrate his 13th birthday!  Hard to believe that Grayson is going to be a teenager on Saturday!  I've got to go to the grocery store and stock up on snacks and things because these two boys love to eat - although you couldn't tell by looking at them, they are both pretty much a beanpole!  Ah, teenage metabolism!

Once I get back from the grocery store and get all of that put away, I'm going to scrapbook the rest of the weekend - or that's my plans for now.  As of now, I don't have any challenges uploaded for this month and I can't let Team Stinkerbelle down this month!!

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!!
Sorry you couldn't get back to sleep. But wow, WTG on getting so much done. You deserve a nap.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1504

Post by Charleneanne »

Well dang I was sick last night. Been feeling a bit down since CT scan was a bust and my doctor has no more ideas what is causing this stupid pain. Went outside and did yard work for a while then took a good long walk and came home made a nice dinner of swordfish steak/ potatoes at gratin.

And then I started feeling rotten so I went to bed. I did not get to sleep until 5am! I ached all over and went back and forth between freezing cold and sweating like a laborer. Slept a couple hours then up with really upset stomach. Man! What’s next? Drinking my morning Dr. Pepper and waiting to see. 😱

My boys are coming to supper tonight and I need to get a few things at grocery but guess we’ll find out if that’s happening . lol. Nice weather -up to 95 today but only in 80’s all weekend.

Feeling a little elderly right now. lol. Have a favorable Friday.
emmapaige
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 2507

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:

I am so sorry, Barb. If it helps to ease your heartache, be thankful she has had 93 years of health.  I'm sending love of hugs and love to you and your family. xoxo
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”