Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Re: stinkerbelle's August team thread
MaganL wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:08 am
Hello! I'm excited for month 2 of this challenge!  I've already gotten 2 layouts done for a total of 23 points. Just curious...did you post who won last month?  

not yet.  still waiting on points from both teams.
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  Image Image

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

GinniG wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:41 am
Hello!!! I’m new to the team challenges as I was in Kentucky with my husband getting the medical care he needed. We were gone for all of June and half of July! So I’m still a bit scrapbook starved. Lolol!!

I did manage to do 12 pages and a card last month so that was good! And there are so MANY good challenges this month! I’m going to have to sit down and prioritize the ones I REALLY want to do! Lol!!

So any pointers I need to know? I’m excited to play!
it all depends what your end goal is.  do you want to use a bunch of stuff or just do your normal thing?  for me the important thing is for you to enjoy what you're doing--so if you don't enjoy using all 10 stash list items on your pages, don't do it.  if you don't enjoy combining challenges, don't do it.  but if you DO enjoy those things, then go for it!

the points are very easy, but people get confused by overthinking.  so ask yourself did i do a challenge?  if so, give yourself a point (and at this stage, only projects for challenges count, so this is a no-brainer point).  did i upload to the gallery?  if so, give yourself a point.  then go through the stash list and give yourself a point for each item you used--you only need 1 to count for the point.  so this month, if you use one tiny word sticker, that counts as "wordy bits" and that's a point.  but even if you use 10 tiny word stickers, it's still just one point.  i hope that makes sense  😊  if not, feel free to ask!

the 100 papers challenge, bimonthly challenges, MMC's and BF sketch challenges all count as a challenge so don't forget to count those if you do them.

what i personally do, since i do 99 percent of my scrapping at work, is i gather up the stash items and take a variety with me.  i go through the list as i'm making a page and check off each thing as i go and sometimes i just can't be bothered to add something, but most times i'm able to do all 10 with no problem.  but again, if you don't feel comfortable adding every item, then don't.  i want you to make pages that are your style, not mine lol.

i hope this helps.  any questions, seriously, i don't mind answering  😊

*Stacy*  

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

QueenBee89 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:49 am
GinniG wrote:
Hello!!! I’m new to the team challenges as I was in Kentucky with my husband getting the medical care he needed. We were gone for all of June and half of July! So I’m still a bit scrapbook starved. Lolol!!

I did manage to do 12 pages and a card last month so that was good! And there are so MANY good challenges this month! I’m going to have to sit down and prioritize the ones I REALLY want to do! Lol!!

I’d say every point counts!!! I know for me I’m mostly focused on entering a challenge and checking off one of the bimonthly prompts items right now… any extras of the stash items for the team challenge is bonus in my eyes! Maybe I’ll challenge myself to get all 10 items on a project this month tho! 

i double dog dare you!!  🐕 🐕

you are amazing at clustering so i know you can do it!
*Stacy*  

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

i just want to remind everyone that only projects linked to challenges will count in your totals!  "regular" scrapping does not earn points  😊
*Stacy*  

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

stinkerbelle wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:11 am
QueenBee89 wrote:
GinniG wrote:

I’d say every point counts!!! I know for me I’m mostly focused on entering a challenge and checking off one of the bimonthly prompts items right now… any extras of the stash items for the team challenge is bonus in my eyes! Maybe I’ll challenge myself to get all 10 items on a project this month tho! 

Digging out some specialty paper is my biggest hurdle right now lol - my stash of that is not big at all haha
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

QueenBee89 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:27 pm
stinkerbelle wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:11 am
QueenBee89 wrote:

Digging out some specialty paper is my biggest hurdle right now lol - my stash of that is not big at all haha 
mine isn't either really, but i was surprised what i found while looking for something else.  if you own pretty much ANYTHING from DCWV it has foil on it  😉 anything with foil, texture (not including carta bella), glitter, etc.  embossed cardstock, glitter cardstock, bling cardstock, vellum (or tracing paper, which is a great dupe), all of those count in my book.  do you have a paper crimper?  make yourself some corrugated cardstock! use an embossing folder!

*Stacy*  

CraftingMyStories

Cherry Blossom

Would those really old laser cut papers from Basic Grey (RIP) count as specialty paper? I had to have them back in the day.  :greenwinkb:
Cheers, Lydia

September goals - 5 projects; 
10/100 papers

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

StoryCrafter wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:50 pm
Would those really old laser cut papers from Basic Grey (RIP) count as specialty paper? I had to have them back in the day.  :greenwinkb:

yes!  thanks for the reminder lol!  also any hambly transparencies if anyone has those kicking around  😊
*Stacy*  

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

QueenBee89 wrote:
GinniG wrote:

Thanks! I’m going to try doing all 10 on one project too!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

stinkerbelle wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:10 am
GinniG wrote:

it all depends what your end goal is.  do you want to use a bunch of stuff or just do your normal thing?  for me the important thing is for you to enjoy what you're doing--so if you don't enjoy using all 10 stash list items on your pages, don't do it.  if you don't enjoy combining challenges, don't do it.  but if you DO enjoy those things, then go for it!

the points are very easy, but people get confused by overthinking.  so ask yourself did i do a challenge?  if so, give yourself a point (and at this stage, only projects for challenges count, so this is a no-brainer point).  did i upload to the gallery?  if so, give yourself a point.  then go through the stash list and give yourself a point for each item you used--you only need 1 to count for the point.  so this month, if you use one tiny word sticker, that counts as "wordy bits" and that's a point.  but even if you use 10 tiny word stickers, it's still just one point.  i hope that makes sense  😊  if not, feel free to ask!

the 100 papers challenge, bimonthly challenges, MMC's and BF sketch challenges all count as a challenge so don't forget to count those if you do them.

what i personally do, since i do 99 percent of my scrapping at work, is i gather up the stash items and take a variety with me.  i go through the list as i'm making a page and check off each thing as i go and sometimes i just can't be bothered to add something, but most times i'm able to do all 10 with no problem.  but again, if you don't feel comfortable adding every item, then don't.  i want you to make pages that are your style, not mine lol.

Thanks Stacy!!! I love combining challenges! And you made perfect sense too. I’m looking forward to playing! Grandson is still here but his dad arrives tonight and they’ll all go hunting tomorrow so hopefully I can start playing tonight or tomorrow! :)

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

stinkerbelle wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:10 am
GinniG wrote:

Great tips!!! 
Image  ImageImageImageImage

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

Since I have to have it IN FRONT OF ME… I made this and printed way too many, ha! It really helped with keeping track of points and challenges. We’re home so I’ll make my new cheat sheet tomorrow and start up again! 

Kim Breaux
ImageImage

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

I hope you see this, Stink. All of my PMs are going to my outbox and aren't going through to the recipient. Can you message LMTscraps and tell her that yes, 8x8 pages count? She's waiting for my response, and when I have her numbers, I'll have my team total.
Leslie

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

lilkoala3 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:27 pm
I hope you see this, Stink. All of my PMs are going to my outbox and aren't going through to the recipient. Can you message LMTscraps and tell her that yes, 8x8 pages count? She's waiting for my response, and when I have her numbers, I'll have my team total.

sent you a PM!  still waiting on 2 of my team.
*Stacy*  

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Breauxlabs wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:04 pm
Since I have to have it IN FRONT OF ME… I made this and printed way too many, ha! It really helped with keeping track of points and challenges. We’re home so I’ll make my new cheat sheet tomorrow and start up again! 

clever!  since i'm scrapping at work and (mostly) make page kits ahead of time, i stick an index card in my kit with the challenge info, notes to myself, etc.  i put the stash list on the back and check them off each time.
*Stacy*  

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Breauxlabs wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:04 pm

This is brilliant. You should see the googledocs and googlesheets I've got going at any given moment to keep up with my challenges!!!
Leslie

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

good morning teamy team!  how is everyone?  i'm stinking tired  😴 today is the first of my 3 days off and i'm feeling like bed is a good idea!  but i'm also excited about getting page kits ready for my upcoming work week.

anyone get any scrapping done this weekend?  the sharing thread is just full of that OTHER team but i know not everyone wants to take the extra step to share in the thread.  that's what i'm telling myself anyway  😁

hope you're all doing well and having lots of scrappy thoughts and time to play!
*Stacy*  

mizz_kitty21

Cherry Picker

stinkerbelle wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:54 am
good morning teamy team!  how is everyone?  i'm stinking tired  😴 today is the first of my 3 days off and i'm feeling like bed is a good idea!  but i'm also excited about getting page kits ready for my upcoming work week.

anyone get any scrapping done this weekend?  the sharing thread is just full of that OTHER team but i know not everyone wants to take the extra step to share in the thread.  that's what i'm telling myself anyway  😁

hope you're all doing well and having lots of scrappy thoughts and time to play!

Nice with some days off, I’m thinking about having a 3 day weekend soon, dedicated to scrapping. 

I made more kits in the weekend, and also managed to finish the MMC #1 and #3 yesterday, but the gallery had a hickup and it was getting close to my bedtime. I need to update my uploads, and put them in the sharing thread. If I have the energy, I might do one or two pages tonight. 
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

stinkerbelle wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:54 am

My grandson left yesterday morning so I'll have more time this week to play.  It seems like the other team is going gangbusters!!!  It would be nice to come from behind and BEAT them! LL!

I posted this 2 pager but it only has 9 points.  :(  It was supposed to be for the MMC #1 thread but I couldn't make the deadline so It doesn't count for any other challenges... 

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

everyone please check out this thread.  thank you!  😊
*Stacy*  

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee