Moderator: ACOT Employee

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 549

August Spend Smart Stash Bust Challenge

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

August Spend Smart Stash Bust Challenge

Hey Cherries! 😊
Welcome back to the August Spend Smart Stash Bust Challenge!
We're spending smart and busting up our stash, and setting goals - or not - and having a great time, too! ☺️
Here's a link to last month
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=278003

So tell me how you're all doing! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: August Spend Smart Stash Bust Challenge

Well, I kept my goals from last month! 🤩

I didn't spend, but I did use a good bit of stash! I've been incorporating it into my journaling and mixed media projects, too! 🤩 I created roughly 20 layouts, a few cards, ATC/Altered playing cards, journal entries and so forth!
I kept getting into my stash and moving things around and getting into my hand made kits and I will admit that I had a LOT of downtime in July so it was ALL great times! ☺️

Spend Goals for August:
I WILL NEED adhesive THIS month! I'm getting adhesive for sure!
I'm undecided on whether or not to treat myself. I haven't bought anything since May, but have received Happy Mail since!
EVEN though I have TONS of kits left, AND TONS of stash that's NOT in a kit, I DESPERATELY want some VERY specific things.
I'm wrestling with getting at LEAST one of those things. (Yes, a paper collection! Lol!)
For MOST of what I want, I'm trying to wait until Black Friday. It's hard! But I have SO MUCH!
ESPECIALLY embellishments! Ephemera, die cuts, fussy cuts, hand made, store bought, gifted…
We shall see. I have flea meds to buy, and groceries, cleaning supplies.
Stash Busting Goals:
I'm STILL working on some unfinished projects/layouts. At LEAST one a month!! I would like to work on some unfinished mini albums, too. AND some more smaller pages for my random mini album that I haven't added to in quite a while! 😂
I have several challenges I want to do- a LOT of these are going to be sketches and lifts - and hopefully I can get some specific layouts done! For layouts, I'm hoping for at LEAST 8 this month.
When it comes to my art journaling, etc, I'm going to continue to dive into my stash as well! Stickers and such! I don't have a specific number of journaling pages or cards planned.
REALLY getting into my stash often and rearranging certain things, changing up my kits and swapping out my embellishments by shopping my stash IS SUPER DUPER FUN! I LOVE when I'm looking for something specific (like little wooden people) but instead find long-lost items: like the perfect sticker or scrap for a project!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3749

Post by blbabe1234 »

I did GREAT! 18 layouts and 1 card! The Team Challenge helped - bashed some old stash! I did order some papers, stencils and other goodies I found in the Clearance section. Took advantage of the promo code, along with a gc, cherry points...total came out to be $3.90 :greenlol: :greenlol:

As for August, I'm hoping to keep on trucking. My goal this month is to about 20 layouts and I still want to bash some Christmas photos. Currently working on 2020.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 495

Post by GinniG »

As you all know I was gone all of June and half of July. But I did manage to bust some stash and some new things with 12 layouts and a card in July!

I also took advantage of being near a Hobby Lobby for the first time since 2016!!! I spent about $100. I could have spent more but I was looking for things I can’t get online or that would cost too much to ship to Alaska.

I also had some orders arrive while I was gone. So I spent a bit more than I planned in June but we weren’t having to buy groceries or anything like that so I splurged. 49 and Market Summer Porch was irresistible! And Photo Play’s new teen line is something I’ve been BEGGING for for years so I had to have it too!

My goal is to try hard to wait for Black Friday sales too. I no more decided that and then opened my email to find a $10 GC for winning the double page challenge!!! Lolol! So we will see what’s coming up and how strong I can be!!!! Lolol!!!!
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 963

Post by suewho372 »

Well I fell off the wagon in June ! Although I was golden before that! Lol! I did very very good the last couple weeks of July but I did have a small purchase. I did 6 layouts and 2 cards though so I am busting stash!
We will see for Aug. yesterday I was at Joanns and found some paper in clearance…. So yep … here’s Aug.
I’m really going to try ! I do need some black mixed media paper so we will see.
Susan

Kelly R.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 97

Post by Kelly R. »

I spent more than I should have in July.  Bought several AG items plus it was our 24th Wedding Anniversary  so I bought materials to made a mini album.  A blue and silver Christmas collection  came up on the pre order page and I bought that also.

I don't  have anything on my radar for this month, so hoping it stays that way. 
:) Kelly 
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:22 pm
I did GREAT! 18 layouts and 1 card! The Team Challenge helped - bashed some old stash! I did order some papers, stencils and other goodies I found in the Clearance section. Took advantage of the promo code, along with a gc, cherry points...total came out to be $3.90 :greenlol: :greenlol:

As for August, I'm hoping to keep on trucking. My goal this month is to about 20 layouts and I still want to bash some Christmas photos. Currently working on 2020.

Whoa Brandi!! $3.90 is FANTASTIC!! 😍😍😍😍😍 THAT'S the Smart Spending that I'm talking about!!! 😜😂😂
18 layouts and 1 card is killing it! ☺️
I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas layouts! (I should do a few, too!!)
Thanks for playing along with us!! ☺️ It's SUPER helpful to me, and I'm NOT alone!! ☺️☺️☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

GinniG wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:46 pm
As you all know I was gone all of June and half of July. But I did manage to bust some stash and some new things with 12 layouts and a card in July!

I also took advantage of being near a Hobby Lobby for the first time since 2016!!! I spent about $100. I could have spent more but I was looking for things I can’t get online or that would cost too much to ship to Alaska.

I also had some orders arrive while I was gone. So I spent a bit more than I planned in June but we weren’t having to buy groceries or anything like that so I splurged. 49 and Market Summer Porch was irresistible! And Photo Play’s new teen line is something I’ve been BEGGING for for years so I had to have it too!

My goal is to try hard to wait for Black Friday sales too. I no more decided that and then opened my email to find a $10 GC for winning the double page challenge!!! Lolol! So we will see what’s coming up and how strong I can be!!!! Lolol!!!!

Hey, I think 12 layouts and a card is amazing, considering you weren't home for very long in July!
I ALSO think you DID VERY WELL vacation shopping!! (It's a good part of vacation time, right?!)

I LOVE that you've received new goodies and are STILL digging deep into your stash- and I am GLAD they FINALLY had a teen line up right for your needs! ☺️
Kudos to winning gift cards, AND trying to wait until Black Friday!! It's hard, I KNOW! ☺️☺️😂😂😂

I'm so glad you're still doing this challenge with us!! ☺️☺️☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

suewho372 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:31 pm
Well I fell off the wagon in June ! Although I was golden before that! Lol! I did very very good the last couple weeks of July but I did have a small purchase. I did 6 layouts and 2 cards though so I am busting stash!
We will see for Aug. yesterday I was at Joanns and found some paper in clearance…. So yep … here’s Aug.
I’m really going to try ! I do need some black mixed media paper so we will see.

Right on, Susan!!! High-five! You've been soooo good working with just stash - Maybe you needed a few new papers since you've been so good using what you have?! Sounds like you haven't been going overboard, so why not?!
6 layouts and 2 cards is fantastic, ESPECIALLY when you consider how busy you've been with working on your home, taking care of your fur babies, AND your 9to5! ☺️
Side note: I have some black mixed media paper from here, and though I've ONLY used one piece, it worked well for my needs! It's in a pad, 9x12, and ouch! I can't recall the manufacturer! It's a pretty popular brand, and of course, ACOT has a great price on it! (Lol I sound like a commercial! 😂 It's great paper though!)

I'm sooooo glad you're doing this with, Susan! The comrade at ACOT is OUTSTANDING, and I LOVE that you're here!!! 😍🤩☺️
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Kelly_R wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:47 pm
I spent more than I should have in July.  Bought several AG items plus it was our 24th Wedding Anniversary  so I bought materials to made a mini album.  A blue and silver Christmas collection  came up on the pre order page and I bought that also.

I don't  have anything on my radar for this month, so hoping it stays that way. 

Kelly, Welcome back! ☺️🤩☺️
First of all, I DID see that blue and silver Christmas paper and it's beautiful!!! I call that a win right away!
(ESPECIALLY since you're being so thoughtful about your purchase! That's a HUGE part of Smart Spending!)
As for spending more than you should have in July, you HAVE to know, the same thing happens to all of us sometimes.
*Part of the reason Deanna created this challenge to start with- I myself spent a few years over buying!! REALLY binge shopping!!! While I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my stash, I did get a little out of control for a WHILE- I think it's something we can all learn from though! At the end of the day, we have to do what's best for us and what makes us happy - within reason I suppose lol there's ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT HERE!! ☺️ I'm allowing myself occasional treats without blowing my entire budget, AND without overwhelming myself now! Being more mindful about purchases can be hard when it all looks fun and amazing!*
Having said THAT, I can't wait to see your wedding album! 😍 Like is said, those papers are gorgeous, and I can't wait to see what you do with them! ☺️
Kelly R.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 97

Post by Kelly R. »

Thanks!  My Wedding Anniversary  mini album I  used the Echo Park Happy As Can Bee paper collection.  I have finished it and it's posted in my gallery. 

The Elegance in Blue paper will be for our Christmas  album this year.   I saw the Mintay Christmas  chipboard frames in the store and they will be perfect with this collection.

AG's website is having a sale today.  Oh no!  I'm  not going to look.  LOL.
:) Kelly 
Amy Jo
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 789

Post by Amy Jo »

July total: $110.28 (+6 pts from pages completed)

July goal: Kill a kit and add 14 more "points" to my total. - Didn't get anywhere close to this. I was out of town so much and slammed at work when I was home, so I only got 6 pages done in July. 

I spent $25.82 on new die cuts so my new total for spending in August is: $84.46

I'm rolling over 12 points from my completed pages from June and July.

My goal is to kill a kit this month and add another $20 to my total.

My rules for earning spending money:

1. No Spending in February, June, or October
2. I'll earn $10 to spend for every 10 layouts. (Cards count as 1/2 of a layout and Double Page layouts count as 2.)
3. I'll earn $5 for every sticker sheet or embellishment package I use up.
4. I'll earn $10 for every kit I kill. My goal is to kill 4 this year. (I have set and failed to reach this goal in the past but I am really close to killing a couple of kits so I feel good about achieving this goal in 2024!) - 1 down, 3 to go!!
ImageImageImage

mizz_kitty21
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 187

Post by mizz_kitty21 »

I don’t think I remembered to post here last month, but I’m back now :) 

In July, I managed to make 43 layouts and 2 cards, which is great for me. 

I did shop a great deal, but I also went through my entire stash and sorted out what I wanted to keep and what I knew I would never use. So I made a sale post on a loyal fb group, and made over $100  on those items. That makes me feel better, because if I add it all up, I didn’t spend too much. 

I have a medium order on its way to me, but other than that, I’ll only be buying adhesive and other basics for the rest of the month. 

My goal for the month, is to make 40 layouts, and participate in as many challenges on the board as I can. 
Another goal, is to increase my use of stash. I’m so happy for the team challenges, getting to use so much stash, as possible! 
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette
Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 152

Post by Birgit55~Chickadee »

July's goals for me were to make 10 cards and send 10 cards and spend $0.00.
Well, I made double the number of cards and just met my goal for sending cards out.  
However, I crashed and burned on making my spending goal.  Can I put the blame on ACOT??  They had pre-orders for the most adorable vintage / retro sets from both Simple Stories and Memory Place that I just had to have.  I'm so weak when it comes to vintage cuteness.  So I placed a $77.00 pre-order with ACOT and am still waiting for the items to come in so I can look at them and swoon.  I did however, have a small balance left over in my Paypal account from selling off some older stamps and dies on fb.  July was also my birthday month and I fell off the wagon again when Honeybee stamps sent me a birthday coupon.  Using my points and my birthday coupon, I still spent over $100.00.   😨  
I'm determined for August to be a no spend month because we've had some major expenses come up.  So my goals for August are to make 10 cards and mail 10 cards and spend $0.00.  
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Kelly_R wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:21 am
Thanks!  My Wedding Anniversary  mini album I  used the Echo Park Happy As Can Bee paper collection.  I have finished it and it's posted in my gallery. 

The Elegance in Blue paper will be for our Christmas  album this year.   I saw the Mintay Christmas  chipboard frames in the store and they will be perfect with this collection.

AG's website is having a sale today.  Oh no!  I'm  not going to look.  LOL.
😂 😂 😂 Iktr!
I'm gonna have to go check out your wedding album, Kelly! 😊
I LOVE how you are already planning your Christmas album! (Shopping for things that are planned for us actually a huge part of Smart Spending, but it DID take me a while to realize this! Lol!)
Feel free to check in anytime temptation is getting to you! I do! 😂
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Amy Jo wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:35 am
July total: $110.28 (+6 pts from pages completed)

July goal: Kill a kit and add 14 more "points" to my total. - Didn't get anywhere close to this. I was out of town so much and slammed at work when I was home, so I only got 6 pages done in July. 

I spent $25.82 on new die cuts so my new total for spending in August is: $84.46

I'm rolling over 12 points from my completed pages from June and July.

My goal is to kill a kit this month and add another $20 to my total.

My rules for earning spending money:

1. No Spending in February, June, or October
2. I'll earn $10 to spend for every 10 layouts. (Cards count as 1/2 of a layout and Double Page layouts count as 2.)
3. I'll earn $5 for every sticker sheet or embellishment package I use up.
4. I'll earn $10 for every kit I kill. My goal is to kill 4 this year. (I have set and failed to reach this goal in the past but I am really close to killing a couple of kits so I feel good about achieving this goal in 2024!) - 1 down, 3 to go!!

Welcome back, AmyJo! I love your goals! I hope you can meet your goals this month! (Some months are JUST so busy!!!)
Good luck on killing a kit- sounds like you're close to it- maybe lol I'm not sure how big that particular kit is, but I do KNOW that sometimes I have kits that seem to multiply while I'm sleeping! 😂
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

mizz_kitty21 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:36 am
I don’t think I remembered to post here last month, but I’m back now :) 

In July, I managed to make 43 layouts and 2 cards, which is great for me. 

I did shop a great deal, but I also went through my entire stash and sorted out what I wanted to keep and what I knew I would never use. So I made a sale post on a loyal fb group, and made over $100  on those items. That makes me feel better, because if I add it all up, I didn’t spend too much. 

I have a medium order on its way to me, but other than that, I’ll only be buying adhesive and other basics for the rest of the month. 

My goal for the month, is to make 40 layouts, and participate in as many challenges on the board as I can. 
Another goal, is to increase my use of stash. I’m so happy for the team challenges, getting to use so much stash, as possible! 

Hey Henriette! 😊
Looks like things are a win-win for you!!! 😊 Sounds like you've busted some serious stash, AND bonus! Selling off some things you no longer want/need TOTALLY justifies buying some new things!!
I'm amazed at how well you're doing! Definitely motivating! 😉
ALSO, I think challenges are SUCH a great way to get into our stash! I'm not convinced that I'd be busting as much stash if it wasn't for challenges! 😂
Good luck with your goals this month!!! 😊 Keep us informed on how you're doing! 😊 It's SUPER motivating!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Birgit55 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:33 am
July's goals for me were to make 10 cards and send 10 cards and spend $0.00.
Well, I made double the number of cards and just met my goal for sending cards out.  
However, I crashed and burned on making my spending goal.  Can I put the blame on ACOT??  They had pre-orders for the most adorable vintage / retro sets from both Simple Stories and Memory Place that I just had to have.  I'm so weak when it comes to vintage cuteness.  So I placed a $77.00 pre-order with ACOT and am still waiting for the items to come in so I can look at them and swoon.  I did however, have a small balance left over in my Paypal account from selling off some older stamps and dies on fb.  July was also my birthday month and I fell off the wagon again when Honeybee stamps sent me a birthday coupon.  Using my points and my birthday coupon, I still spent over $100.00.   😨  
I'm determined for August to be a no spend month because we've had some major expenses come up.  So my goals for August are to make 10 cards and mail 10 cards and spend $0.00.  
Hey Chickadee! 😊
I'm certainly VERY much guilty of going over my spending goals in the past! (Hence, taking over this challenge! Lol!) ESPECIALLY when it comes to my birthday month! 😁
I think it's great that you used some money that you had earned from selling some things!!! THAT is a bonus in my book! (Maybe it even gave you some more space for new goodies?!)
I love that you make so many cards and send them out! (I need to make more cards lol!)
ALSO, I KNOW what it's like to spend that much money on stamps! 😂 I REALLY have tried to not buy any, but I do have some either in my buy basket or saved for later basket!! The amount of stamps I have is insane to begin with!
I like how you're doing a no-spend August; sometimes smart shopping is about finding a balance. It's taken me this long to figure that out! Lol!
I certainly KNOW what it's like to be tempted and ESPECIALLY by paper, too! (Again, things are in my basket! Lol!) When that sale hits, I'm more likely to have given myself permission to buy - because OBVIOUSLY it's smarter to pay sale price! (IF I have the extra money to begin with - no more digging into my savings for me lol!)
I ALSO REALLY like your goal of making cards, AND sending them out!!! I think that's stash busting, but I also think it's JUST plain awesome! (I tend to slow poke about sending cards! I'm trying to do better!)
I'm hoping you'll keep playing along with us here! I can't speak for everyone, but it helps me SO MUCH to share this challenge with others! In the past, my tendency was to go shopping binges, and while I got some great things at some great prices, it became evident that I've went overboard more than I probably should have! This board helps me be more mindful about my purchases, so thanks again! 😊
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 495

Post by GinniG »

I just HAVE to share this!!! I've been scrapping for about 22 years.  I still have some stash that's over 20 years old because I just KNOW I'll use it someday.  Well, here's one of those somedays!!!  The stickers on this page are from Pink  Paislee.  I have no clue how old they are but it's OLD!  The chipboard isn't quite as old but it's at least 10 years.  The vellum under the photograph is printed Chatterbox vellum.  I think that's pretty close to 20 years old!!!  You just never know when you need it for just the right project!  I did this layout for the SBB Team Who's Flasher with Laura's example and for the Taylor Swift challenge using the green gown as my inspiration.  The picture is of my granddaughter about 10 years ago with a rare smile! 

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

GinniG wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:26 pm
I just HAVE to share this!!! I've been scrapping for about 22 years.  I still have some stash that's over 20 years old because I just KNOW I'll use it someday.  Well, here's one of those somedays!!!  The stickers on this page are from Pink  Paislee.  I have no clue how old they are but it's OLD!  The chipboard isn't quite as old but it's at least 10 years.  The vellum under the photograph is printed Chatterbox vellum.  I think that's pretty close to 20 years old!!!  You just never know when you need it for just the right project!  I did this layout for the SBB Team Who's Flasher with Laura's example and for the Taylor Swift challenge using the green gown as my inspiration.  The picture is of my granddaughter about 10 years ago with a rare smile! 

LOVE that you've been busting these older supplies, Ginni!! ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️Your layout looks fresh; without being told, who can tell that some of these supplies have been in your stash for ages?! I certainly can't!! ☺️
I've been trying to incorporate newer and older supplies together, and you've rocked it!!!! Thanks for the reminder that everything old can be new again!!! ☺️☺️☺️

Return to “Contests & Challenges”