Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

July 2024 Picture Yourself Challenge **WINNER**
Thank you ladies for playing along, these were truly great pages, loved all the honest and detailed journaling that you shared. As selected by the Wheel of Names, GinniG is the winner. I will send your gift card shortly. 

Welcome to the July 2024 month of this challenge - month 13, I am not sure how many more months this will run but it has been fun so far. I love looking at your unique stories about YOU. If you are new here, this challenge came about after a conversation with my 22 year old son about a certain event and how I did not want to include a "bad' picture of myself. He then asked that I include more of myself in our books. It occurred to me that we, the scrappers are usually behind the camera and often fail to scrap ourselves - this is a means to remedy that. 

Sooooo....in light of that, this challenge is to get YOU in your albums, your kids albums, your grandkids albums, they want to see/hear YOU!!!   

So recently I was watching the movie "Bridges of Madison County" and there was a quote that I really loved. Said by Clint Eastwood, the Robert Kincaid character - "The old dreams were good dreams, they didn't work out but I was glad I had them".  Soooo, I will be using that as the inspiration for this months challenge.  We have all had dreams either as children, teens or adults.  Some dreams we see to fulfillment, some we never will. This page will be about the dream that never happened but you were glad you had it. For so many years I dreamed of being a killer whale trainer.  It never happened and never will (would not want to knowing what we know now) but I was glad to have had it.  So again.... this month your layout DOES NOT have to have a picture of you, as it is about a dream unrealized, though you can include one if you like.  It does have to be about YOUR dream. BONUS entry if you actually use the Clint Eastwood quote somewhere on your layout. 

Here is my example; (Full disclosure....this a layout I made many years ago) YOUR LAYOUT MUST BE NEW. 

Must be a new layout, paper or digital, single or double page. Layouts only.
You can combine with ONE other challenge that allows it.  
Limit ONE entry.   FOR THIS MONTH ...you do not have to include a picture of yourself but should have journaling that tells what the dream was.  
BONUS ENTRY for using the Clint Eastwood quote (see exact quote above)

Please link your work here. Deadline is July 31, 2024. A random winner from all entries done correctly will be selected for a $5.00 ACOT gift card from me.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Re: July 2024 Picture Yourself Challenge
Hi Kristin! Another great challenge! So true we all have dreams that either never materialized or didn’t happen how we wanted. Thanks for the challenge!
Susan

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

What a great topic!  I love the Bridges of Madison County book and movie. 
    ImageImage

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Wonderful challenge and great example! (Also I love That movie!)

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

Another thought-provoking challenge! 
Image  ImageImageImage

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Bump!  Just trying to bury the spammer!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

ScrappyRN74

Sweet Cherry Pie

Whatever you choose to do, leave tracks. That means don’t do it just for yourself. You will want to leave the world a little better for your having lived.” RBG

:) Trisha

ImageImageImageImage

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

A very thought-provoking challenge.  I used the butterfly vellum paper because butterflies represent personal transformation, hope, endurance, renewal, and courage. These are the personal characteristics that I called upon during the trying times in my life. I included the quote at the top for the BONUS.

Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Here is my layout.  I have never scrapped my senior photos, so this was a good chance to do one of them. :)  I printed my digi layout and hand-journaled on it (second photo).

Laura
 Image    Image         Image

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I combined this with the CAS challenge.  The journaling readsNovember 1998 we moved to S Florida to start over again.  When we bought our house a few years later I said I wouldn’t ever move again and I’d live there till I died.  But we all know dreams come and go.  And Steve’s dream of living in Hollis never died.  So when he saw there was power in the neighborhood we decided to leave and follow his dream. We left Deerfield Beach in May of 2016 and never looked back.  It was one of our very best decisions!

mizz_kitty21

Cherry Picker

Layout created for the July picture yourself challenge - a dream that didn’t come to fruition.

I used to dream about becoming a horse trainer, when I was young. It didn’t happen, but I still enjoy watching equestrian contests and horses are my second favorite animals.

Total points for team Stinkerbelle: 13 (ACOT challenges [picture yourself + 100 papers], upload to ACOT, stamping, wood veneer, washi tape, decorative brads, acetate, metal dies, sprinkly bits, flat stickers, Vicki Boutin products and handwritten journaling).
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

mizz_kitty21 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:20 am
Layout created for the July picture yourself challenge - a dream that didn’t come to fruition.

I used to dream about becoming a horse trainer, when I was young. It didn’t happen, but I still enjoy watching equestrian contests and horses are my second favorite animals.

Total points for team Stinkerbelle: 13 (ACOT challenges [picture yourself + 100 papers], upload to ACOT, stamping, wood veneer, washi tape, decorative brads, acetate, metal dies, sprinkly bits, flat stickers, Vicki Boutin products and handwritten journaling).
Wow!  This is beautiful! 

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

GinniG wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:36 am

I combined this with the CAS challenge.  The journaling readsNovember 1998 we moved to S Florida to start over again.  When we bought our house a few years later I said I wouldn’t ever move again and I’d live there till I died.  But we all know dreams come and go.  And Steve’s dream of living in Hollis never died.  So when he saw there was power in the neighborhood we decided to leave and follow his dream. We left Deerfield Beach in May of 2016 and never looked back.  It was one of our very best decisions!
Beautiful colors and page design!  I love reading people’s stories. So glad you’re happy!  

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

jcsmaestra wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:35 pm
A very thought-provoking challenge.  I used the butterfly vellum paper because butterflies represent personal transformation, hope, endurance, renewal, and courage. These are the personal characteristics that I called upon during the trying times in my life. I included the quote at the top for the BONUS.
Wonderful page!  Loving all the butterflies! 

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

Sorry to spam your board!  I am glad there is a rewind challenge because I didn’t have time to get to this!  

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Mommytron wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:47 am
Sorry to spam your board!  I am glad there is a rewind challenge because I didn’t have time to get to this!  

Can't wait to see it  😊
🌴Kristin  

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: July 2024 Picture Yourself Challenge **WINNER**
Winner in opening post
🌴Kristin  

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

aheatfan wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:11 pm
Thank you ladies for playing along, these were truly great pages, loved all the honest and detailed journaling that you shared. As selected by the Wheel of Names, GinniG is the winner. I will send your gift card shortly. 

Welcome to the July 2024 month of this challenge - month 13, I am not sure how many more months this will run but it has been fun so far. I love looking at your unique stories about YOU. If you are new here, this challenge came about after a conversation with my 22 year old son about a certain event and how I did not want to include a "bad' picture of myself. He then asked that I include more of myself in our books. It occurred to me that we, the scrappers are usually behind the camera and often fail to scrap ourselves - this is a means to remedy that. 

Sooooo....in light of that, this challenge is to get YOU in your albums, your kids albums, your grandkids albums, they want to see/hear YOU!!!   

So recently I was watching the movie "Bridges of Madison County" and there was a quote that I really loved. Said by Clint Eastwood, the Robert Kincaid character - "The old dreams were good dreams, they didn't work out but I was glad I had them".  Soooo, I will be using that as the inspiration for this months challenge.  We have all had dreams either as children, teens or adults.  Some dreams we see to fulfillment, some we never will. This page will be about the dream that never happened but you were glad you had it. For so many years I dreamed of being a killer whale trainer.  It never happened and never will (would not want to knowing what we know now) but I was glad to have had it.  So again.... this month your layout DOES NOT have to have a picture of you, as it is about a dream unrealized, though you can include one if you like.  It does have to be about YOUR dream. BONUS entry if you actually use the Clint Eastwood quote somewhere on your layout. 

Here is my example; (Full disclosure....this a layout I made many years ago) YOUR LAYOUT MUST BE NEW. 

Must be a new layout, paper or digital, single or double page. Layouts only.
You can combine with ONE other challenge that allows it.  
Limit ONE entry.   FOR THIS MONTH ...you do not have to include a picture of yourself but should have journaling that tells what the dream was.  
BONUS ENTRY for using the Clint Eastwood quote (see exact quote above)

Please link your work here. Deadline is July 31, 2024. A random winner from all entries done correctly will be selected for a $5.00 ACOT gift card from me.

Kristin! Thank you soooo much!!! I enjoyed doing this challenge!

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

congrats Ginni!!
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  ImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee