Moderator: ACOT Employee

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 540

Re: Scrap a Day, July 30th

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:53 am
Good morning cherries. Barb, hope your mom's dr appts go well today.

Got tons done yesterday and getting an early start on work today. Washed a load of doggie blankets, vacuumed our bedroom already. Nothing else going on except for work today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Have a good day working, Brandy! 😊
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2369

Post by Art_Teacher »

Finished my layout for the July Picture Yourself challenge and now I have to do some adulting...working on a class I am taking online to renew my teaching license. Scrapping is much more fun!  lol

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1504

Post by Charleneanne »

Not bad out right now but going to b 94 today. And that’s the coolest day predicted until August 9! Sigh. Oh well. I have Dr. Pepper and a bag of mini 3 Musketeers to see me through so I’ll probably survive the heat.

Got a guy coming to estimate the roof. They told me he can do that without my having to chat with him. I don’t do mornings and am sitting here in my purple housecoat cause it’s only 10am. So if he knocks on the door, I’m not answering it!! Insurance company said to get 3 estimates. First guy quoted double the expected cost. Second guy turned out to not have a contractors license and couldn’t get permits! Hope this guy is better!! lol.

Have a terrific Tuesday and don’t take any wooden nickels!!
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 331

Post by Flasher »

Charleneanne wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:16 pm
Not bad out right now but going to b 94 today. And that’s the coolest day predicted until August 9! Sigh. Oh well. I have Dr. Pepper and a bag of mini 3 Musketeers to see me through so I’ll probably survive the heat.

Got a guy coming to estimate the roof. They told me he can do that without my having to chat with him. I don’t do mornings and am sitting here in my purple housecoat cause it’s only 10am. So if he knocks on the door, I’m not answering it!! Insurance company said to get 3 estimates. First guy quoted double the expected cost. Second guy turned out to not have a contractors license and couldn’t get permits! Hope this guy is better!! lol.

Put those 3 Musketeers in the freezer for little bit!  That will really help!

I hope you get a great estimate!  Stay cool!

By the way, the wooden nickels comment made me laugh . . . hard!

😁

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3735

Post by blbabe1234 »

Charleneanne wrote:

Good luck in getting an estimate for the roof. Hope this guy IS better

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 481

Post by GinniG »

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:38 am
Hey Cherries. I can’t believe we are at the final days of July already. Today I am going to be out most of the afternoon again as I have to take my mom to her doctor and he’s about a half hour away, from her house. I’ve been trying to get my Music challenge up early and will do my best to work on it before I have to leave.

Have a great day Cherries.

Barb, hope your mom’s doctor appointment goes well! Looking forward to your music challenge!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

VickiR wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:47 am
It is ssoooo humid today!  Ugh!  I am definitely ready for October after this summer.  We are pushing 40 days in the 90's here which is unusual for us.

No scrapping today as the overhead light in my craft area died!  Electrician is coming today and hope it can be replaced sooner than later.  I was on a roll with LOs and thankful I worked ahead a little on my DT projects.  So, no crafting today...Boo hoo!

Boo on the light dying! Hopefully the electrician can fix it quickly!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:53 am
Good morning cherries. Barb, hope your mom's dr appts go well today.

Got tons done yesterday and getting an early start on work today. Washed a load of doggie blankets, vacuumed our bedroom already. Nothing else going on except for work today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Sounds like a decent work day for you! Hope it stays quiet!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:11 am
Good morning. We are heading out in a bit to run some errands. This will be the first time I’ll be going out other than to doctors or hospital. I hope to work on another challenge when we get home.

Glad your DH is feeling better! And you too! Have fun creating!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:45 am
Hey Cherries 😊
Still catching up on notifications here lol I was kind of having an off day yesterday and wasn't really in the mood to scrap or anything. Feeling better today.
It's hot and muggy out! Boo! Yet, I can't believe summer is nearly over! WHERE does the time go????!
I have a couple of layouts I want to finish before July is up! Lol I mean REALLY in my mind I have dozen of projects but ... 😂 One thing at a time, right?!
One of the neighbors stole DHD's bike sometimes between the wee hours and this morning - SMH! They got it back, but there was a little drama with her boyfriend... I mean, I think they're in the bedroom now, mounting thier bikes to the wall, and I'm JUST drinking some coffee, trying to mind my own business... Sometimes I just feel... Tested! 🤷🏻 If I didn't have my arts and crafts I would probably be pulling my hair out! 😂
So, today is arts and crafts, Bible study, fur baby cuddles , hang up wet clothes, and not necessarily in that order! 😉
Stay blessed, DCs! 😊

Sorry about your”off” day yesterday and the drama with the stolen bike yesterday. Tested is a good word for it!!’ Lol! Hope the rest of today is much better!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:35 am
Finished my layout for the July Picture Yourself challenge and now I have to do some adulting...working on a class I am taking online to renew my teaching license. Scrapping is much more fun!  lol

LOVE your layout Laura!!! Scrapping IS much more fun than any kind of adulting! Hopefully you’ll be finished with your class soon so you can get back to playing!!!!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

Charleneanne wrote:

I hope this roofer has a better estimate AND the proper licensing, etc! And I hope he doesn’t try to chat with you! Lol on the wooden nickels too. Have a good day!
GinniG
Cherry Cola

Post by GinniG »

I had a rough day yesterday too. Must have been something in the air! Youngest stepson Mike came back from town for the night yesterday. He wanted a break from the fishing boat. But so many things happened that even staying out in the trailer didn’t give him the peace and quiet he needed. And this morning he was furious with Joe. Apparently Joe started knocking on the trailer door at 5:30 this morning!!!! I’d be furious too! Lolol! He’s back on the boat today.

Mike also brought us more fish that we had to process. So it was a bit crazy to begin with. Then in the middle of the afternoon Joe comes in telling us the geese were out. Long story short when Joe had fed them he removed a bungee cord that was key to holding the net that’s over the run to keep them inside. We had 4 geese and 2 chickens to catch and man what a racket they all made. But we were successful in getting them back where they belonged without any injuries to them or us!

By the time it was late afternoon my nerves were completely shot and I was on the verge of really losing it. So I went upstairs to lay down and try to rest. I no more started to get settling than here comes a dump truck using its jack brakes and not far behind was an excavator. I really think it was a conspiracy against me! As Holly said Tested!!! Lolol!

At that point I took half a Xanax and got in the sauna blanket. Then just as I’m starting to fall asleep I hear Joe telling Steve that there’s a leak in that bedroom and his bed is wet. This is where we keep a lot of the framed pictures and my China and almost everything else that we can’t put up here. So the goal today is to get everything that can get ruined out of there and into the house. I was really glad I’d already taken that Xanax!

But the wet bed meant that Joe needed a place to sleep. With Mike here too it caused some discussions about where they were going to sleep. It’s funny how it all ended up. Joe slept on the love seat so Steve could sleep in the couch if he got too hot in the upstairs bed. But Steve ended up going to the house and fell asleep there. So I’m in the upstairs bedroom, Joe’s in the living room, mikes in the trailer and Steve’s in the house! 🤣🤣🤣

Then this morning started the drama with Mike and Joe and at 7 am here came even more equipment down the hill. The lot next to us is being developed. Turns out there’s a LOT of bedrock on that property and in order to build they’re going to have to blast the rock. So today there’s a big machine drilling holes through the rock to put the explosives into. 🤪🤪🤪🤪

It’s almost noon and I’ve already had a nap!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

So I don’t know if I’ll be able to scrap today or not. Hopefully I can! It certainly won’t be a dull day! Lolol!

Have a good one DCs!!!!!
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1421

Post by VickiR »

GinniG wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:13 pm
VickiR wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:47 am
It is ssoooo humid today!  Ugh!  I am definitely ready for October after this summer.  We are pushing 40 days in the 90's here which is unusual for us.

No scrapping today as the overhead light in my craft area died!  Electrician is coming today and hope it can be replaced sooner than later.  I was on a roll with LOs and thankful I worked ahead a little on my DT projects.  So, no crafting today...Boo hoo!

Boo on the light dying! Hopefully the electrician can fix it quickly! 
Yes!  It is replaced already.  It was a 6 light florescent and replaced with an LED! 

ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”