Sorry I've been MIA

Moderator: ACOT Employee

emmapaige
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 2491

Sorry I've been MIA

Post by emmapaige »

As some of you may remember, I had a spot of my cheek that kept growing until it finally ruptured a little over a week ago. When I went to my appointment with the dermatologist last Tuesday, she was concerned that it wasn't healing quickly (even though I was on antibiotics) and did a biopsy thinking it might be a fast acting skin cancer. Of course, I freaked out but patiently waiting by my phone for a call back. I finally called the office this morning and they called me back with the good news that it was not cancer but a ruptured cyst. I go back on Friday to get the stitch removed. So all good news for me.

Moving on to DH. Last Monday he had a stress test and his cardiologist called on Tuesday saying nothing had changed and all was good. Then he called back on Wednesday saying although they were concentrating on his heart, they saw something on his lung. So now he has to have a CT scan and the soonest he could be scheduled is August 12th. Then on Thursday, he had routine blood work. Unfortunately, our general practitioner's office called Friday morning and because his potassium level was high and his sodium level was low, we needed to go to the ER. He was there for several hours but the staff finally got his levels close to where they should be. 

Needless to say, last week was very stressful and will remain so until we get DH's results back in a few weeks. 

I've been scrapbooking a little just to keep my mind occupied, but I really wasn't up to chatting on the boards.  A few DC's know and of course our family and a close friend of mine. I hope to spend more time scrapping and chatting now that I only have to worry about one of us. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1418

Re: Sorry I've been MIA

Post by VickiR »

Chris, hoping all goes well for your DH. Keeping you both close in thought and prayer.
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 481

Post by GinniG »

OMG Chris!!! That’s a LOT to deal with all at once!!! I’ll be praying for you both. {{{HUGS}}} 💝🍒🙏💝🍒🙏
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1835

Post by aheatfan »

So sorry you are going through all that. Sending big hugs and prayers your way.  Will pray for great results. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2368

Post by Art_Teacher »

emmapaige wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:43 pm
As some of you may remember, I had a spot of my cheek that kept growing until it finally ruptured a little over a week ago. When I went to my appointment with the dermatologist last Tuesday, she was concerned that it wasn't healing quickly (even though I was on antibiotics) and did a biopsy thinking it might be a fast acting skin cancer. Of course, I freaked out but patiently waiting by my phone for a call back. I finally called the office this morning and they called me back with the good news that it was not cancer but a ruptured cyst. I go back on Friday to get the stitch removed. So all good news for me.

Moving on to DH. Last Monday he had a stress test and his cardiologist called on Tuesday saying nothing had changed and all was good. Then he called back on Wednesday saying although they were concentrating on his heart, they saw something on his lung. So now he has to have a CT scan and the soonest he could be scheduled is August 12th. Then on Thursday, he had routine blood work. Unfortunately, our general practitioner's office called Friday morning and because his potassium level was high and his sodium level was low, we needed to go to the ER. He was there for several hours but the staff finally got his levels close to where they should be. 

Needless to say, last week was very stressful and will remain so until we get DH's results back in a few weeks. 

I've been scrapbooking a little just to keep my mind occupied, but I really wasn't up to chatting on the boards.  A few DC's know and of course our family and a close friend of mine. I hope to spend more time scrapping and chatting now that I only have to worry about one of us. 
So glad your spot wasn't cancerous!  Sending you prayers for your DH. Hopefully, it is just some routine stuff.  

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 330

Post by Flasher »

Ugh . . . that's a lot all at once.  Sending prayers and good thoughts for you and him as you wait, and for the upcoming CT scan.  ((Hugs))
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 594

Post by Shutterbug »

oh Chris, I’m so sorry that is so stressful. Glad that it was only assist and not counselor. Praying for both you and your husband at this time. God bless you.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 783

Post by stinkerbelle »

big hugs to you!  what a stressful situation! hoping for continued good news  😊
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3735

Post by blbabe1234 »

Chris, so glad to hear your spot wasn't cancerous. So many hugs for you both!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
wazzu94
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 369

Post by wazzu94 »

That is a stressful time!  Glad you got some good news!  I agree sometimes that crafting just helps to keep from constantly thinking about those things we stress over.

Take care!!
Suzann
 ImageImageImage            
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 962

Post by suewho372 »

lots and lots to hit all at one time-- any of these things are super stressful alone but heck you've had a full blown cyclone going on! I am very thankful for answered prayers on the biopsy that it is a cyst and not cancer!!!  Continued prayers for Ed!!!  xxoo
Susan

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1755

Post by beachlover »

Oh Chris, I am so sorry about all the through!  I am glad that you are on the mend, and will keep Ed in my prayers!!!  (((HUGS)))
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5472

Post by Deanna13 »

So glad to hear your situation wasn't cancer, Chris! Will keep your DH in my prayers. Hugs!
Image Image ImageImage

Return to “General Talk”