AUGUST team sign-ups!! *CLOSED*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 335

Re: AUGUST team sign-ups!!

Post by Flasher »

I'll give it a go again!  I'm not getting tons done, but I am crafting way more than usual, so let's do this!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2490

Post by joannie »

beachlover wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:37 pm
count me in for August.  I have a 4 day crop and that is usually good for 25 - 30 yayouts!
I want to be on Ann's team. LOL!!!

- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 834

Post by stinkerbelle »

don't forget, anyone who'd like to be a team captain, please PM me!  don't make me beg please  😁
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image Image
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

joannie wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:16 am
beachlover wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:37 pm
count me in for August.  I have a 4 day crop and that is usually good for 25 - 30 yayouts!
I want to be on Ann's team. LOL!!!

LOL!

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

CraftingMyStories
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 18

Post by CraftingMyStories »

I'll play again! This is a great motivator to scrap more and use stash that I've neglected for too long. 
Cheers, Lydia

August goals 0/10 layouts  0/5 cards
12/100 papers
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 495

Post by GinniG »

I’ll try it!
QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1767

Post by QueenBee89 »

I’m in again! I may be a slower scrapper for a few months while house breaking the puppy/chew proofing my scrap space but I like the added motivation!
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

one more week to sign up!!
*Stacy*  

Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5494

Post by Retiree3 »

PLease sign me up.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Trek
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 474

Post by Trek »

I'm in.
Katerina
ScrappyRN74
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 778

Post by ScrappyRN74 »

Count me in...It really motivates me to get a lot done and use some stash that I normally would not so its a win win for me!
Whatever you choose to do, leave tracks. That means don’t do it just for yourself. You will want to leave the world a little better for your having lived.” RBG

:) Trisha

ImageImageImageImage
Amy Jo
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 789

Post by Amy Jo »

I would love to play again! July was so busy with work and travel (only home for 1 day and then I'm off on another 5 days trip tomorrow!) but August should allow me more time to scrap =)
ImageImageImage

stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

BTT anymore takers?
*Stacy*  

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

For any Cherry that is on the fence about this, I encourage you to give it a try!  It's a great motivator!

hsblair
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 632

Post by hsblair »

So I only do about 10 layouts a month and often don't even double up on challenges.  I didn't sign up for July, but just for fun, I took the 10 layouts I did and checked to see how many points they'd be worth, as well as how time consuming it would be to tally.  The answer was that the process wasn't as tedious as I expected (sorry, I'm kind of lazy like that) but each of my layouts was only worth 4-6 points each.  I usually used flat stickers and almost always did handwriting journaling, but I didn't use very many of the other items.  Do you already have a list of the August items?  I know you said it's all just for fun, but I don't like to be the underachiever on the team 😆
Image Image Image Image
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

hsblair wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:33 pm
So I only do about 10 layouts a month and often don't even double up on challenges.  I didn't sign up for July, but just for fun, I took the 10 layouts I did and checked to see how many points they'd be worth, as well as how time consuming it would be to tally.  The answer was that the process wasn't as tedious as I expected (sorry, I'm kind of lazy like that) but each of my layouts was only worth 4-6 points each.  I usually used flat stickers and almost always did handwriting journaling, but I didn't use very many of the other items.  Do you already have a list of the August items?  I know you said it's all just for fun, but I don't like to be the underachiever on the team 😆

I do very few monthly challenges -- I just scrap.  I didn't do a single layout worth more than 5 points, and one is only worth 3.  But, each one is 5 more points than my team had before!   There are no underachievers here!

Trek
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 474

Post by Trek »

hsblair wrote:

There is all the items for the next month
  1. tile alphas
  2. ribbon/trims/twine/thread
  3. enamel dots/shapes
  4. labels/tabs/tags
  5. border punches
  6. specialty paper (anything that is not plain cardstock or regular scrapbook paper)
  7. any chipboard
  8. something old-must name it when you share your project
  9. something new-must name it when you share your project
  10. wordy bits (any word/phrase embellishment)  
Katerina
jwilliams74
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 35

Post by jwilliams74 »

stinkerbelle wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:18 am
anyone wishing to be part of a team for August (my goodness, already?!) speak now or forever hold your peace!  and, if anyone is interested in being a team captain, please let me know!  

thread will remain open until July 31.

I AM SO IN for August!  Thank you!
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

Laura wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:56 pm
hsblair wrote:

I do very few monthly challenges -- I just scrap.  I didn't do a single layout worth more than 5 points, and one is only worth 3.  But, each one is 5 more points than my team had before!   There are no underachievers here! 
this is the correct answer!  every point really does count!  

*Stacy*  

hsblair
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 632

Post by hsblair »

stinkerbelle wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:58 pm
Laura wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:56 pm
hsblair wrote:

this is the correct answer!  every point really does count!  

ok, sign me up -- you and Laura talked me into it!

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”