LAST DAY to save 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Scrap a Day, July 28th
GinniG wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 4:34 pm
Hi Cherries!  It's foggy and drizzly here today.  Quieter today because it's Sunday and most of the local planes don't fly on Sundays. But the guy working on the new next door neighbor's property is making a lot of noise.  Steve says they've spent more just on getting their ground ready than we did for our whole property to this point!!!!!  OMG!  We were so very blessed!!!  Two of his high school buddies had an excavation and road building company and they gave us some great deals on the work they did for us!  They've since retired and it shows in the work quality and the cost.  PLUS the property next door has some HUMONGOUS bedrock that will have to be blasted out.  Who knows how much THAT will cost!  My poor cabin will REALLY shake when that happens!  So we are very grateful and definitely counting our blessings because other than a bit of credit card debt we paid cash for everything here.  No mortgage and no rent!!!  :) 

I'm home alone today.  Steve went over to Ketchikan to get youngest grandson Joe.  He'll be 11 in October.  He LOVES being here and he's usually not TOO much trouble.  They'll be back around dinnertime.  I'm going to spend the afternoon scrapping unless I decide I'd rather have a nap.  :)  I scrapped last night and made this for the Make the Cut challenge.  This was our first winter in over 20 years when we moved here in 2016.  That was FROST!  It looked like an ice storm or snow!  We soon realized that the humidity is so high here this happens a lot in the winter.  :)   That's Steve scraping the window of the van we had back then.  We brought everything we owned up here in that van and trailer behind it!!!  :)  Good memories!

Have a wonderful Sunday Cherries!!!

Oh my. Sorry for all the noise.

Gorgeous layout. Love all the blue and layers
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Stinker's Sketch #4

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:44 pm
Stinker's Sketch #4

Great school layout!

ImageImage Image Image  

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Got back from boating and floating and finished this layout for the July My Mood challenge:

Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

VickiR wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:41 am
Gorgeous morning here too!  It was only 64 this morning.  I can't remember the last time the temp was below 70 at 7 am.  No plans today but to enjoy the sunshine and no humidity because it will be back tomorrow for the next 8-10 days.  I finished 2 LOs last night and need to get photos and post.  I'm hoping to spend the day crafting.  Tomorrow I have PT for a frozen shoulder and not sure if I'll be crafting tomorrow.  But I'll be glad to get my shoulder back to normal.

I hope you get your shoulder back in line….scrapping is important :)
Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:37 am
Good morning y'all. Easy morning here. Made a batch of hard boil eggs for the week, made breakfast and started up the dishwasher. About to head out to PetCo and Beall's, then back home to start scrapping.

Finished up the Progressive Challenge last night and uploaded it this morning:

Brandy, I love this!  So sweet!
Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:16 pm
Hey Cherries 😊
Humid here, and we did have some rain this morning; probably more coming out way! 😂 Besides Bible study and catching up around here,
I'm gonna finish up some layouts today and get them posted!
I can't believe July is ALMOST over! I didn't get much scrappin' done yesterday, but I worked on a mixed media collage and some art journaling. Good times! 😁
Stay blessed, Cherries! 😊

Yes! This month has gone by so quickly!  Only 3 more weeks until I go back to school. :(
Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Charleneanne wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:37 pm
Nice here too. Today through Tuesday only going to b 90 but then back comes the heat. By Friday back into the 100’s for 5 straight days. We are breaking weather records right and left. Last time I can remember a summer like this was 1960 and I was in high school. Got in trouble for trying to fry an egg on the sidewalk and not cleaning up the mess! lol. My dad was not amused!!

Going to make an annniversary card for my DD/SIL. Trying to decide whether to go with lovely or amusing. Today is one of my younger brothers bday and his card was funny but then that’s what he prefers. 62 today and somewhat of a cynical lad. lol

Well I need to get off this sofa. lol. Pretty lackadaisical as usual. Hahaha. Have a serene Sunday.
You ‘crack” me up!  Frying an egg on the sidewalk…did it work?  lol

Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

suewho372 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:18 pm
Hi Cherries!!! Humid and sticky here--- keeps raining off and on since early this morning. I got the bathroom painted !!!!! WHOOOOO so it is drying!   Got a new phone and finally got a mintue and transferred everything -- smooth! so I have several things knocked off my list of to dos! I also finished up my progressive step 4 layout!!!
whew! I might just lay on the couch and watch TV (i hardly do that.... I am always all over the place....ugh) we will see. I need to put away laundry and put the sheets on my bed!
Have a great day Cherries! 

Bathroom painted!  Go you!  Your layout is so cute! :)
Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

pawprints wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:34 pm
I did this layout for the CAS and the 1-3-5-7 challenges.

Great layout, Barb!  Love the tile border! :)
Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 3:57 pm
Ran my errands, unloaded dishwasher, made lunch for DH and I. Finally back in my scrap room. BF sketch

Great layout, Brandy!

Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!  It's foggy and drizzly here today.  Quieter today because it's Sunday and most of the local planes don't fly on Sundays. But the guy working on the new next door neighbor's property is making a lot of noise.  Steve says they've spent more just on getting their ground ready than we did for our whole property to this point!!!!!  OMG!  We were so very blessed!!!  Two of his high school buddies had an excavation and road building company and they gave us some great deals on the work they did for us!  They've since retired and it shows in the work quality and the cost.  PLUS the property next door has some HUMONGOUS bedrock that will have to be blasted out.  Who knows how much THAT will cost!  My poor cabin will REALLY shake when that happens!  So we are very grateful and definitely counting our blessings because other than a bit of credit card debt we paid cash for everything here.  No mortgage and no rent!!!  :) 

I'm home alone today.  Steve went over to Ketchikan to get youngest grandson Joe.  He'll be 11 in October.  He LOVES being here and he's usually not TOO much trouble.  They'll be back around dinnertime.  I'm going to spend the afternoon scrapping unless I decide I'd rather have a nap.  :)  I scrapped last night and made this for the Make the Cut challenge.  This was our first winter in over 20 years when we moved here in 2016.  That was FROST!  It looked like an ice storm or snow!  We soon realized that the humidity is so high here this happens a lot in the winter.  :)   That's Steve scraping the window of the van we had back then.  We brought everything we owned up here in that van and trailer behind it!!!  :)  Good memories!

Terrific layout, Ginni! :)

Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

blbabe1234 wrote:
Stinker's Sketch #4

I LOVE this!  Such fun primary colors and the title is terrific! :)
Laura
 Image    Image         

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

suewho372 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:01 pm
GinniG wrote:

Awwww I love your layout Ginni and the story behind it!!! Eeeeek at the frost!!!! That’s frost on steroids!
Enjoy your scrappy afternoon! 

Thanks so much Sue!  :)

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:29 pm
GinniG wrote:

Really great winter layout Ginni! 
Thanks so much Barb!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:43 pm
GinniG wrote:

Oh my. Sorry for all the noise.

Gorgeous layout. Love all the blue and layers 
Thanks Brandy!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Stinker's Sketch #4

Brandy!  This is awesome!  I love all the tags and stars!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:24 pm
Got back from boating and floating and finished this layout for the July My Mood challenge:

WOWOW Laura!!!  This is AMAZING!!!!!

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:09 pm
Charleneanne wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:37 pm
Nice here too. Today through Tuesday only going to b 90 but then back comes the heat. By Friday back into the 100’s for 5 straight days. We are breaking weather records right and left. Last time I can remember a summer like this was 1960 and I was in high school. Got in trouble for trying to fry an egg on the sidewalk and not cleaning up the mess! lol. My dad was not amused!!

Going to make an annniversary card for my DD/SIL. Trying to decide whether to go with lovely or amusing. Today is one of my younger brothers bday and his card was funny but then that’s what he prefers. 62 today and somewhat of a cynical lad. lol

Well I need to get off this sofa. lol. Pretty lackadaisical as usual. Hahaha. Have a serene Sunday.
You ‘crack” me up!  Frying an egg on the sidewalk…did it work?  lol

lol not exactly. It didn’t start cooking like in a skillet but yeah gradually the heat did sort of cook it. But lol concrete is porous and albumen (egg white) is a binder. So when we abandoned the eggs and we had used 3 lol they just kept cooking into the sidewalk.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:24 pm

I LOVE those gorgeous papers!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee