VickiR
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1444

Re: Scrap a Day, July 22nd

Post by VickiR »

MTCanuk wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:52 am
Icing before I head off to PT.

Today is son in law’s birthday, but he’s off at Scout camp. DD is driving out with cup cakes for them. The guy is here to start demolition on our deck.

And it’s going to be hot and now smokey too!!

Will mostly stay in today. Clean bathrooms and then craft.
Hope the PT went well!

ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

VexedAngel wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:15 am
I am procrastinating doing the laundry necessary for a trip to my parents tonight. I'm mostly excited about the trip (we're all then road tripping elsewhere tomorrow), but my back is killing me. I've been struggling with shoulder pain and my dr. gave me exercises and it's pulling all other components of my back out of whack or something. GRRRR.

Hoping I have time to clean up my scrap corner before hitting the road. I had stacked some small trays on top of the kleenex box and my son went to grab a kleenex...and he was covered in bits and bobs. LOL So I have a not so teeny tiny avalanche of teeny tiny things.
Safe travels and enjoy the visit.

ImageImage
Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 745

Post by Aztam »

VexedAngel wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:15 am
I am procrastinating doing the laundry necessary for a trip to my parents tonight. I'm mostly excited about the trip (we're all then road tripping elsewhere tomorrow), but my back is killing me. I've been struggling with shoulder pain and my dr. gave me exercises and it's pulling all other components of my back out of whack or something. GRRRR.

Hoping I have time to clean up my scrap corner before hitting the road. I had stacked some small trays on top of the kleenex box and my son went to grab a kleenex...and he was covered in bits and bobs. LOL So I have a not so teeny tiny avalanche of teeny tiny things.

True confessions: I just folded some washcloths that I washed last week. And I put them away. #winner
Hope your pain eases up. I did some PT and with some consistent exercise have worked out some hamstring issues. I just need to keep moving so it doesnt happen again.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

Charleneanne wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:17 am
Ugh. Heat’s back on. Hottest day is tomorrow at 107 and not back down into low 90’s till Friday. Normally I just stay in the house but today Opthamologist appointment downtown. Summer is just not my season. I really prefer watching old cop/detective tv shows, hang out at my craft table and drink Dr. Pepper until summer is over!

Have a quiet chill Monday
I like your summer plan!

ImageImage
Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 745

Post by Aztam »

MTCanuk wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:52 am
Icing before I head off to PT.

Today is son in law’s birthday, but he’s off at Scout camp. DD is driving out with cup cakes for them. The guy is here to start demolition on our deck.

And it’s going to be hot and now smokey too!!

Will mostly stay in today. Clean bathrooms and then craft.

Sounds like a smart way to start your week!! Hope the demo goes well.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

emmapaige wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:59 am
Very early day for us since DH had a stress test scheduled for 7:30 am. We left our house at 6:45 but there was no traffic. So we sat in the parking lot and watched the 7:00 am staff hurrying off to work. We were home by 8:45 and he finally was able to get a cup of coffee!

I’ll be heading into my scrap room soon to work on another challenge.
Hope the stress test went well.

ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:20 pm
Good morning cherries! I was out the door very early - 7:15am - to help my SIL. Today is Jasper's official first day of Pre-K! He was very very excited this morning! The moment I walked into the house, he saw me, ran over to get his backpack and stood over by the back door, just KNOWING that Auntie Brandy was there to take HIS FIRST DAY of School Pics!  :greeninlove: :greeninlove:  Melts my heart!

Apparently everything went well during drop-off, and I'll have to leave here at 2:15pm since Jasper gets out of school at 2:35pm. Excited to hear how his first day went. He can't tell us with words since he is non-verbal, but he will let you know how he feels! And he is just starting to learn to sign too. Plus, I'm sure my SIL will get a chance to talk to his teacher as well. I'll be back either later or tomorrow to give y'all an update.

While she took Jasper and Draven to school, I watched Anton and Wes. Wes wanted me to read the book and his fave (right now) is called "Creepy Carrots". 😂 😂  I read it TWICE. Then those 2 foodies asked (okay, maybe BEGGED) for breakfast. So I was getting them their breakfast when my SIL came home.

Work as always today. Already did a load of doggie blankets and got those in the dryer. Dusted/vacummed the living room and unloaded the dishwasher.

Have a great day everyone!
You are the best Auntie!

ImageImage
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee

Post by VickiR »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:06 pm
☺️ Hey Cherries 😊
I had a hard time sleeping and managed to squeeze in a few extra hours, but my alarm never went off and now I'm behind schedule. A LOT to do in the next few hours. I'm having some coffee and then have to rush to get ready! Ugh! Idk why sometimes the alarm on my phone goes off and sometimes it doesn't! 😡 🤷‍♀️ I think some technology JUST mystifies me! 😂 I REALLY WANTED to reschedule my rheumatologist appointment, but she's leaving the office so I HAVE to go in and see if I will still have her in a different location, or get a new one .... I mean this will the 3rd or 4th one I've had if I have to switch. I hate starting all over again with a new Dr! Lol so MUCH annoyance! 😂
Looking forward to relaxing this evening. (I have therapy at 4!)
Be blessed, my Dear Cherry friends!
Hope your appt. went well and you're able to keep the same doc.  I totally get the starting over with a new one.  I've had to do that twice in the past year also.

ImageImage
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 98

Post by Monroe1218 »

Hey Cherries!  I'm at work for another hour - then heading home to get some stuff done around the house.  I'm exhausted but I haven't been getting all I need to do around the house done - so I MUST work on it today... my plan is to have the majority of it done during the week so I can spend the weekend in my scrapbook room.

I haven't been sleeping well lately either - not sure what the deal is.  We try to keep our house pretty cool at night. I think I just can't shut my mind off and it keeps me up thinking of all the things I need to be doing.

I can't believe we are already almost through July!  Grayson goes back to school 2 weeks from today!
Rebecca

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1063

Post by pawprints »

VickiR wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:18 pm
pawprints wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:41 am
Hey Cherries. Laundry today and I have to get in my scrap room and clean it up. I never did make it in there all weekend. I need room so I can start cutting the invitations for Maddie’s Sweet 16 party now that she has picked the one she wants. That’s my plan for today.

Hope you all have a great day.
Sweet 16?  When did that happen?  How fun that you are making invites for her party.

Yes, I can't believe it either!

ImageImage Image Image  

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3752

Post by blbabe1234 »

So, I watched Anton and Wes while my SIL ran up to the school to pick up Jasper, then Draven. She came home and yay! Our Jasper did AMAZING! The teacher said he listened and followed directions. No tears. He played well with others. He ate his lunch using a spoon, making minimal mess (he struggles with using a spoon at home). He didn't have much energy when they got back home though. LOL. Poor guy was worn out!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1063

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:09 pm
So, I watched Anton and Wes while my SIL ran up to the school to pick up Jasper, then Draven. She came home and yay! Our Jasper did AMAZING! The teacher said he listened and followed directions. No tears. He played well with others. He ate his lunch using a spoon, making minimal mess (he struggles with using a spoon at home). He didn't have much energy when they got back home though. LOL. Poor guy was worn out!

Awww sweet boy so glad he did so well and had a great day! He is going to sleep really well!

ImageImage Image Image  

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 551

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

VickiR wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:26 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
☺️ Hey Cherries 😊
I had a hard time sleeping and managed to squeeze in a few extra hours, but my alarm never went off and now I'm behind schedule. A LOT to do in the next few hours. I'm having some coffee and then have to rush to get ready! Ugh! Idk why sometimes the alarm on my phone goes off and sometimes it doesn't! 😡 🤷‍♀️ I think some technology JUST mystifies me! 😂 I REALLY WANTED to reschedule my rheumatologist appointment, but she's leaving the office so I HAVE to go in and see if I will still have her in a different location, or get a new one .... I mean this will the 3rd or 4th one I've had if I have to switch. I hate starting all over again with a new Dr! Lol so MUCH annoyance! 😂
Hope your appt. went well and you're able to keep the same doc.  I totally get the starting over with a new one.  I've had to do that twice in the past year also.

It's uncanny! 😂 I have to call her new practice and make sure they take my insurance 🙄 such is the life of adulting 😂
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:09 pm

Awwwwwwwwww 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Monroe1218 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:44 pm
Hey Cherries!  I'm at work for another hour - then heading home to get some stuff done around the house.  I'm exhausted but I haven't been getting all I need to do around the house done - so I MUST work on it today... my plan is to have the majority of it done during the week so I can spend the weekend in my scrapbook room.

I haven't been sleeping well lately either - not sure what the deal is.  We try to keep our house pretty cool at night. I think I just can't shut my mind off and it keeps me up thinking of all the things I need to be doing.

I can't believe we are already almost through July!  Grayson goes back to school 2 weeks from today!

Rebecca, I hope you slept well last night! ☺️ Hard to believe summer is ALMOST over!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Aztam wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:18 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
☺️ Hey Cherries 😊

Looks like the sandman wasn’t treating either of us very well last night. I haven’t had an insomnia bout for a couple of months, but it caught up with me last night. I slept in so no walk today. Hope for a better night tonight! Hope your doctor situation works out.

I hope you were able to get some decent sleep! (Insomnia is MEAN!)

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”