Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

traveler

Cherry Cola

Re: team challenge questions
Personally I’ve been obsessed with acetate leaves for about a year now so that one was easy for me, but it certainly has gotten me to use other things like my sunflower brads that just sit there and look pretty. I think the challenge is going well. I probably won’t play along on months when I know I’ll be busy because I wouldn’t want to let my team down by only making 2 or 3 layouts.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Sharmon P

Cherry Blossom

I am having a great time also. I may skip August because I will be very busy with work and a vacation, but will most likely play in September.

My only question is about the Progressive Challenge, I haven't used that one yet even though I have did step 1 and step 2. Could I get a point for each step but the stash list would only be counted on the final layout? I know you answered in the other thread but I was still confused. To be safe, I was just going to capture my final layout.

Thanks again for hosting.
Sharmon

Follow me on Instagram for more scrappy fun @tpgirl_scraps

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

I'm enjoying it! I like the 10 item list... it gives us plenty of opportunity to earn points without having to really force ourselves to use stuff we may not be able to make work for a certain page. 

& definitely keep the points for entering challenges!!! sometimes I just can't be bothered with a stash list and want to create with whatever but still want to earn points, lol! 
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

I've been away from ACOT since the end of June - DD here with her kids a few days, then we traveled for the 7/4 holiday to DS's house for a few. I'd sign in a couple minutes here and there and try to leave a little love. Anyhow - I got back to town and immediately went to a great long weekend crop with friends. Did a bunch of monthly and team challenges, but now I've got catching up on things to do at home too (the gardens didn't appreciate being neglected). I'm slowly getting the layouts I got done posted to the gallery (generally between the hours of 11pm and midnight!) and once I've got them all in, I will figure out and post my score to the team challenge.

So maybe I didn't pick the best month to do this for the first time - but we still have 2 weeks to go and NOTHING else on the calendar to interfere, other than just the normal real-life things that get in the way of scrapping!

However, as a person who has been away - it did occur to me that having a dedicated monthly team challenge "master list" with all the related threads - similar to what pawprints does every month with the monthly challenges - would be helpful. It took me a while to catch up, locate and bookmark the separate team challenge threads and I'm not even certain I found them all.

Anyhow - that's my two cents!
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Trek wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:16 pm
I'm not very good at decorating my pages usually. This challenge helps a lot. Going through the list, adding items and voilà, your page is decorated. Love it!

aww, happy to hear that!
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  ImageImage

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Karyn_Sue wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:42 am
I've been away from ACOT since the end of June - DD here with her kids a few days, then we traveled for the 7/4 holiday to DS's house for a few. I'd sign in a couple minutes here and there and try to leave a little love. Anyhow - I got back to town and immediately went to a great long weekend crop with friends. Did a bunch of monthly and team challenges, but now I've got catching up on things to do at home too (the gardens didn't appreciate being neglected). I'm slowly getting the layouts I got done posted to the gallery (generally between the hours of 11pm and midnight!) and once I've got them all in, I will figure out and post my score to the team challenge.

So maybe I didn't pick the best month to do this for the first time - but we still have 2 weeks to go and NOTHING else on the calendar to interfere, other than just the normal real-life things that get in the way of scrapping!

However, as a person who has been away - it did occur to me that having a dedicated monthly team challenge "master list" with all the related threads - similar to what pawprints does every month with the monthly challenges - would be helpful. It took me a while to catch up, locate and bookmark the separate team challenge threads and I'm not even certain I found them all.

Anyhow - that's my two cents!
a master thread is definitely a good idea!  

you have definitely been busy!  glad you have some you time these last two weeks  😊

*Stacy*  

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

QueenBee89 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:58 am
I'm enjoying it! I like the 10 item list... it gives us plenty of opportunity to earn points without having to really force ourselves to use stuff we may not be able to make work for a certain page. 

& definitely keep the points for entering challenges!!! sometimes I just can't be bothered with a stash list and want to create with whatever but still want to earn points, lol! 

the points system won't change, so you're all good  😁  glad you're enjoying yourself!

*Stacy*  

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

Sharmon P wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:59 pm
I am having a great time also. I may skip August because I will be very busy with work and a vacation, but will most likely play in September.

My only question is about the Progressive Challenge, I haven't used that one yet even though I have did step 1 and step 2. Could I get a point for each step but the stash list would only be counted on the final layout? I know you answered in the other thread but I was still confused. To be safe, I was just going to capture my final layout.

Thanks again for hosting.

for the progressive challenge, you can post each step and earn 1 point for that step.  anything on the stash list can only be counted one time, regardless of which step you count it on.

i'm so glad you're enjoying it! 
*Stacy*  

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

trainmom wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:11 pm
Personally I’ve been obsessed with acetate leaves for about a year now so that one was easy for me, but it certainly has gotten me to use other things like my sunflower brads that just sit there and look pretty. I think the challenge is going well. I probably won’t play along on months when I know I’ll be busy because I wouldn’t want to let my team down by only making 2 or 3 layouts.

i do the sign up separately each month just for that reason; everyone gets busy and scrapping isn't their only priority.  however, i will say that i have seen a team win by as little as a few points, so every point really does count!
*Stacy*  

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

I agree with all that has been said!  Digging in my stash is fulfilling.  

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Laura wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:07 pm
I'm diggin' it!  Like Laura, I too assume the list of items will change month-to-month.  I'm so glad that so many Cherries were able to make use of the list!  It was awesome to see each of the elements come together.  I hope to be in the group some day!  I own no washi, no acetate, no VB, no wood, no stamps and no die cutter, so I was limited -- but that's OK -- you still got my butt movin' and that's what counts!  Well, that and beating Leslie.  😆

Smooches, Leslie!  😘
Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. Or should I say, don't count your cherries before they're picked. 

Leslie

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

stinkerbelle wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:23 pm
Laura wrote:
I'm diggin' it!  Like Laura, I too assume the list of items will change month-to-month.  I'm so glad that so many Cherries were able to make use of the list!  It was awesome to see each of the elements come together.  I hope to be in the group some day!  I own no washi, no acetate, no VB, no wood, no stamps and no die cutter, so I was limited -- but that's OK -- you still got my butt movin' and that's what counts!  Well, that and beating Leslie.  😆

Smooches, Leslie!  😘
rofl ESPECIALLY beating Leslie  😁

and wth girl, you gotta get you some Vicki B!!  😜

Diggin' your own grave here.
Leslie

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

I have used more stamps the last two weeks than I have the entire year. So that's awesome. On the other hand, I also had virtually no acetate, so I bought colored acetate sheets off Amazon, and I'm die-cutting them. They look super-ugly, but I'm using them anyway because I want the points. So... downside... All in all, this has lit a fire under my butt like you would not believe, and I promise you that I will be making more pages this month than any other month in the history of my LIFE.
Leslie

CraftingMyStories

Cherry Blossom

I've been finding the team challenge really motivating - thank you for starting it! 

My question is how will points be tallied at the end of the month? I would like to see a running or weekly update to know how the team competition is going. Not sure if there's an easy way to manage this though. It sounds like a lot of work. But knowing the race is close can be extra motivating. 
Cheers, Lydia

September goals - 5 projects; 
10/100 papers

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

lilkoala3 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:38 pm
stinkerbelle wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:23 pm
Laura wrote:

Smooches, Leslie!  😘
rofl ESPECIALLY beating Leslie  😁

and wth girl, you gotta get you some Vicki B!!  😜 

Diggin' your own grave here. 
😂 😂 😂 we'll see about that  😉

*Stacy*  

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

StoryCrafter wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:10 pm
I've been finding the team challenge really motivating - thank you for starting it! 

My question is how will points be tallied at the end of the month? I would like to see a running or weekly update to know how the team competition is going. Not sure if there's an easy way to manage this though. It sounds like a lot of work. But knowing the race is close can be extra motivating. 

each person is responsible for their own points.  you will tally them and get to your team leader at the end of the month.  

*Stacy*  

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

lilkoala3 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:41 pm
I have used more stamps the last two weeks than I have the entire year. So that's awesome. On the other hand, I also had virtually no acetate, so I bought colored acetate sheets off Amazon, and I'm die-cutting them. They look super-ugly, but I'm using them anyway because I want the points. So... downside... All in all, this has lit a fire under my butt like you would not believe, and I promise you that I will be making more pages this month than any other month in the history of my LIFE.

wow i thought you were using old heidi swapp ghost shapes lolololol that's great!  i'm glad your butt is on fire for many reasons and i do hope you're having fun!
*Stacy*  

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

I love this challenge - and while I've not had a ton of time to really scrap much this month, I have been motivated to use items on the stash list for the layouts I have done.  I'm hoping that I can get quite a few more layouts done before the end of the month.  

I also like the idea of a master list/post so it's easy to find all of the info in one spot - so the stash list, team threads, etc would all be in one place.

Thank you for taking on the task of hosting this challenge!  It's a lot of fun and very motivating!
Rebecca

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

stinkerbelle wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:51 am
lilkoala3 wrote:

wow i thought you were using old heidi swapp ghost shapes lolololol that's great!  i'm glad your butt is on fire for many reasons and i do hope you're having fun! 

I would not say I'm having fun. But... I'm getting pages done. And with my impending return to work, that's so, so much more important right now! Ha! 

And some of them are ghost shapes!

And I will eventually have fun... when my team beats yours.
Leslie

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

lilkoala3 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:26 am
stinkerbelle wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:51 am
lilkoala3 wrote:

I would not say I'm having fun. But... I'm getting pages done. And with my impending return to work, that's so, so much more important right now! Ha! 

And some of them are ghost shapes!

And I will eventually have fun... when my team beats yours. 

*snort*
*Stacy*  

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee