pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1057

Re: Scrap a Day, July 17th

Post by pawprints »

aheatfan wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:17 am
Love your layout Barb, so pretty. 

Good morning Cherries. Staying out of the heat here as well. Just back from urgent care with a muscle relaxer in hand.  This pain is really just more annoying than anything.  I am not a sit around person so this is making me crazy.  Waiting for that to set it. If it does not make me too sleepy, I will start the MMC Challenges.  Have a great day everyone  😊

Feel better Kristin. I hope it helps.

Image Image Image

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1823

Post by aheatfan »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:10 pm
aheatfan wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:00 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:45 am
Good morning cherries. Already been crazy busy, still playing catch up from the crazy busy day I had yesterday.

So last night, a little after 7:30, my SIL calls me saying that the school called her an hour ago and Jasper WILL NOT be starting school the next day (TODAY!!) WTF? He had his eval in early May. We got him registered and enrolled in mid-May. He MET the Teacher yesterday. The nurse was there during his eval in May AND talked to both my brother and my SIL YESTERDAY!! Apparently, the Nurse needed more forms filled out and needed his pediatrician to fill some things out due to Jasper's dietary needs and trache. WTF!!! WHY wasn't this done during eval OR registration OR yesterday? $hit! The NURSE was there during the eval and yesterday. She spoke to Jasper's parents and at 6:30 realizes she doesn't have everything? OMGOODNESS we were alllll soooo pissed off. Poor guy, he was sooo excited to start school. Luckily, the school sent my SIL the forms and she turned around at send them to the dr's office. At 7:45 this morning, the receptionist called my SIL stating she got the papers and will get the Dr to sign off on them and *hopefully* turn those forms around before noon today. Then my SIL can send them to the school and *maybe* Jasper can start school tomorrow, if not by Friday? Oy! What a $hit $how!

Anyways, I was out the door by 7:20 to go to my brother and SIL's house to watch the 3 li'l guys while they took Draven to school. First day of 1st Grade!!! He was so excited! Got tons of pics (of course!). My brother and SIL didn't get back until 8:30. Total chaos during drop-off. Parents parked in "no parking" and blocking traffic. What a $hit $how. Then we got to talking about other things. Didn't get home until 9 this morning.

I'm about to start work since I only worked 4 hrs yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great day.
That is crazy, if she was at that meeting it should have been ordered by now. Poor little guy, hope he gets to start tomorrow. I don't remember when you guys said you get out of school but you sure di start early.  
May 18th was the last day of school.

They go to a year round school district. They go to school for 6 weeks, then they are off a week for intercession. For the littles, it's a break/vacay for students and teachers. For the older kids, it can be a break (including teachers), but if they have an Incomplete or need to retake a test to bump up their grade, they can do it during intercession. They get a full week off in September (during Labor Day), a full week off at the end of Oct, a full week off the week of Thanksgiving. A full month for Christmas/Winter Break. A week off in mid-Feb, a week off in April, then mid-May wrap things up.

Wow, I have never heard of that but I bet it keeps people motivated that a break is coming soon. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1057

Post by pawprints »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:39 am
Hey Cherries 😊
I spent some time getting scrappy yesterday! I finished one MMC, and plan on doing at LEAST one more today; hopefully finish them both! There's a LOT of challenges that I want to do! 😂
Today I'm JUST waiting for my former boss to call and set up an official interview/bring me back on the schedule. I DO have some nerves about going back to work, but I'm praying over it, and journaling about it, and talking about it lol all the things we have to do sometimes to try to shake the anxieties off!
Stay blessed, Dear Cherries ❤️
Reach out if you need me, I'll be around! 😊

Hope it all works out ok for you Holly. Anxiety is the worst.

Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3727

Post by blbabe1234 »

aheatfan wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:08 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:10 pm
aheatfan wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:00 pm
That is crazy, if she was at that meeting it should have been ordered by now. Poor little guy, hope he gets to start tomorrow. I don't remember when you guys said you get out of school but you sure di start early.  
May 18th was the last day of school.

They go to a year round school district. They go to school for 6 weeks, then they are off a week for intercession. For the littles, it's a break/vacay for students and teachers. For the older kids, it can be a break (including teachers), but if they have an Incomplete or need to retake a test to bump up their grade, they can do it during intercession. They get a full week off in September (during Labor Day), a full week off at the end of Oct, a full week off the week of Thanksgiving. A full month for Christmas/Winter Break. A week off in mid-Feb, a week off in April, then mid-May wrap things up. 
Wow, I have never heard of that but I bet it keeps people motivated that a break is coming soon. 

Absolutely! And they go to school the same number of days as everyone else. This particular school district started this back in 1994. I was a Freshman in HS and a really good student, so it was just a break for me. LOVED IT. For my brother, he was in 5th grade and an okay student. However, he went from C's & D's in HS to B's. Yes, he had to go in on some "intercession" days to make up tests or rewrite essays...but it all worked out.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2070

Post by MTCanuk »

I got a haircut This morning, which was much needed. Last haircut was just before my surgery. It feels much better all trimmed up.

We are to be well into the 90’s too! House shut up and AC turned on. Got out and watered the flowers.

The boys were wanting to come over again today. Their mum told them- you don’t need to be over there everyday.

No other plans for today. Get my exercises done and ice the knee.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2070

Post by MTCanuk »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Good morning cherries. Already been crazy busy, still playing catch up from the crazy busy day I had yesterday.

So last night, a little after 7:30, my SIL calls me saying that the school called her an hour ago and Jasper WILL NOT be starting school the next day (TODAY!!) WTF? He had his eval in early May. We got him registered and enrolled in mid-May. He MET the Teacher yesterday. The nurse was there during his eval in May AND talked to both my brother and my SIL YESTERDAY!! Apparently, the Nurse needed more forms filled out and needed his pediatrician to fill some things out due to Jasper's dietary needs and trache. WTF!!! WHY wasn't this done during eval OR registration OR yesterday? $hit! The NURSE was there during the eval and yesterday. She spoke to Jasper's parents and at 6:30 realizes she doesn't have everything? OMGOODNESS we were alllll soooo pissed off. Poor guy, he was sooo excited to start school. Luckily, the school sent my SIL the forms and she turned around at send them to the dr's office. At 7:45 this morning, the receptionist called my SIL stating she got the papers and will get the Dr to sign off on them and *hopefully* turn those forms around before noon today. Then my SIL can send them to the school and *maybe* Jasper can start school tomorrow, if not by Friday? Oy! What a $hit $how!

Anyways, I was out the door by 7:20 to go to my brother and SIL's house to watch the 3 li'l guys while they took Draven to school. First day of 1st Grade!!! He was so excited! Got tons of pics (of course!). My brother and SIL didn't get back until 8:30. Total chaos during drop-off. Parents parked in "no parking" and blocking traffic. What a $hit $how. Then we got to talking about other things. Didn't get home until 9 this morning.

Oh, Brandy! What a big disappointment for little Jasper. They really need to do better and anticipate these things!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2877

Post by shoorn »

pawprints wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:25 am
Hey Cherries. Extremely cloudy this morning. Headed for 91 again and humid. We are expecting thunderstorms tonight too. The new dry well is done so it will be a chance to test it out. I think it is going to work really well. Not much going on here today. I have some odds and ends to do around the house and maybe scrap later on when my cleaning ladies are here. I did finish this layout yesterday for one of the MMC challenges.

Hope you all have a great day.

Beautiful LO - she is so pretty!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
shoorn
Cherry Cola

Post by shoorn »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:47 am
Hot here too. My redheaded self can't take it anymore - I want fall weather! I'm so sweaty all the time and it's so unladylike ROFL!!! I put in to work the Foo Fighters concert tonight and am already rethinking my life, haha. Seriously though. Roll call is 3:30 and I don't know how long the concert will be. There are 2 opening acts and then prob a two-hour set. And there are thunderstorms predicted for our area but concerts go on rain or shine - no rain delays lol. 

Scrappy-wise, I finished the 3rd step of the progressive and have to take a picture and upload. I'm also working on the color challenge MMC...another home decor item per DH's request :) 

I hear you on the heat - I sweat like crazy too! I remember hearing when I was younger that women "glowed" didn't sweat. But when it is dripping in my eyes and my hair is soaking wet and the front of my shirt is wet - it's sweat! I have always been this way since I was a kid. 

Image ImageImage   Image
shoorn
Cherry Cola

Post by shoorn »

blbabe1234 wrote:

Brandy, how disappointing for him! Can't believe the incompetence of people. Hope that he can start soon!

Image ImageImage   Image
VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1410

Post by VickiR »

Hot and humid again today. The temp is currently 93 and I hope that's it for the high.  It is miserable.  We had a wicked electrical storm last night or about 2 hours.  The wind was crazy.  There are only 7 houses on our street and it ends in a cul de sac.  For some reason, when the wind is bad during severe storms, it picks and chooses trees to take out.  We've owned this home for 10 years and lived here full time for 7.  In that time there have been 6 trees taken out, thankfully none were ours.  It seems to be the opposite side of the street.

This is our neighbor directly across from us.  They lost a 25 foot pine tree on the front corner of their house.  Glad it went the other direction and missed the house.  We had some large branches come down and lots off leaves, but that is all. 

There are many local roads closed yet because of debris and fallen trees.  This has really been a crazy weather year!!

I was out to the dentist early and stopped to see Katie for a bit.  Now, I'm home and getting ready to head to my craft space.
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1377

Post by scrappinmom99 »

shoorn wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:03 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Hot here too. My redheaded self can't take it anymore - I want fall weather! I'm so sweaty all the time and it's so unladylike ROFL!!! I put in to work the Foo Fighters concert tonight and am already rethinking my life, haha. Seriously though. Roll call is 3:30 and I don't know how long the concert will be. There are 2 opening acts and then prob a two-hour set. And there are thunderstorms predicted for our area but concerts go on rain or shine - no rain delays lol. 

Scrappy-wise, I finished the 3rd step of the progressive and have to take a picture and upload. I'm also working on the color challenge MMC...another home decor item per DH's request :) 

I hear you on the heat - I sweat like crazy too! I remember hearing when I was younger that women "glowed" didn't sweat. But when it is dripping in my eyes and my hair is soaking wet and the front of my shirt is wet - it's sweat! I have always been this way since I was a kid.  
YES LOL! I heard "Horses sweat, men perspire, women glow." But yeah dripping isn't glowing lOL! And I've always been an "indoor kinda girl" even as a kid - I didn't like to do much to start sweating and always tried to stay in the shade. So this is not fun lol

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:21 pm
I got a haircut This morning, which was much needed. Last haircut was just before my surgery. It feels much better all trimmed up.

We are to be well into the 90’s too! House shut up and AC turned on. Got out and watered the flowers.

The boys were wanting to come over again today. Their mum told them- you don’t need to be over there everyday.

No other plans for today. Get my exercises done and ice the knee.

Awe...those boys sure do love their nana! :greeninlove:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

VickiR wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:20 pm
Hot and humid again today. The temp is currently 93 and I hope that's it for the high.  It is miserable.  We had a wicked electrical storm last night or about 2 hours.  The wind was crazy.  There are only 7 houses on our street and it ends in a cul de sac.  For some reason, when the wind is bad during severe storms, it picks and chooses trees to take out.  We've owned this home for 10 years and lived here full time for 7.  In that time there have been 6 trees taken out, thankfully none were ours.  It seems to be the opposite side of the street.

This is our neighbor directly across from us.  They lost a 25 foot pine tree on the front corner of their house.  Glad it went the other direction and missed the house.  We had some large branches come down and lots off leaves, but that is all. 

There are many local roads closed yet because of debris and fallen trees.  This has really been a crazy weather year!!

I was out to the dentist early and stopped to see Katie for a bit.  Now, I'm home and getting ready to head to my craft space.
Sorry about your neighbors tree. You're right, thankful it didn't go the other way

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

emmapaige
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 2481

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:44 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:

Wow how can they perform in a thunderstorm?! Or rain for that matter?! All that electrical equipment does not mix well with rain or thunder and lightning! Eeek!

I remember Prince performing at the Super Bowl in horrible weather. Still the best half time show in MHO. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”