team challenge questions

Moderator: ACOT Employee

stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 762

team challenge questions

Post by stinkerbelle »

ok, we're more than halfway through our first month.  i think it's gone pretty well, but i want to hear the thoughts of the cherries!

things you like?  dislike?  don't understand?  wish were done a different way?

i want to hear the good, the bad and especially the ugly  😁 i'm a tough old broad, so don't hold back!
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2362

Re: team challenge questions

Post by Art_Teacher »

I am loving it, so far! :)  I do think we just need a thread to save our spots and put all our layouts in one place.  It would just make it easier to keep track of, but that's just my opinion. ;)  I assume you are going to change up the list of requirements each month, right?  I love how this is getting me to sort through my stash and use things I might not use!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:02 pm
I am loving it, so far! :)  I do think we just need a thread to save our spots and put all our layouts in one place.  It would just make it easier to keep track of, but that's just my opinion. ;)  I assume you are going to change up the list of requirements each month, right?  I love how this is getting me to sort through my stash and use things I might not use!

yes, it will be a different stash list each month.  and i have my reasons for not starting a tracking thread, but i have no issue with anyone else starting one  😊
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

Art_Teacher wrote:

and yay, glad you're enjoying it! (hit reply too early oops lol)
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 328

Post by Flasher »

I'm diggin' it!  Like Laura, I too assume the list of items will change month-to-month.  I'm so glad that so many Cherries were able to make use of the list!  It was awesome to see each of the elements come together.  I hope to be in the group some day!  I own no washi, no acetate, no VB, no wood, no stamps and no die cutter, so I was limited -- but that's OK -- you still got my butt movin' and that's what counts!  Well, that and beating Leslie.  😆

Smooches, Leslie!  😘
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

Laura wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:07 pm
I'm diggin' it!  Like Laura, I too assume the list of items will change month-to-month.  I'm so glad that so many Cherries were able to make use of the list!  It was awesome to see each of the elements come together.  I hope to be in the group some day!  I own no washi, no acetate, no VB, no wood, no stamps and no die cutter, so I was limited -- but that's OK -- you still got my butt movin' and that's what counts!  Well, that and beating Leslie.  😆

Smooches, Leslie!  😘
rofl ESPECIALLY beating Leslie  😁

and wth girl, you gotta get you some Vicki B!!  😜

*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3727

Post by blbabe1234 »

I agree with the Laura's. First, I'm soooo diggin' this kind of challenge. It brings out my competitive side and I WANT MY TEAM to win! I don't have the luxury of scrapping all the time, but when I do get to scrap, boy am I enjoying racking up the points.

Second, the stash list...other than the acetate....I have all the things and just love how I'm able to pull in more sprinkly bits or washi tape or the deco brads or all of the above to make it COUNT for points. It's fun digging thru my stash. I've actually used more deco brads THIS MONTH than other months in the last couple of years, at least. It's awesome. Can't wait to see the stash list for next month!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:52 pm
I agree with the Laura's. First, I'm soooo diggin' this kind of challenge. It brings out my competitive side and I WANT MY TEAM to win! I don't have the luxury of scrapping all the time, but when I do get to scrap, boy am I enjoying racking up the points.

Second, the stash list...other than the acetate....I have all the things and just love how I'm able to pull in more sprinkly bits or washi tape or the deco brads or all of the above to make it COUNT for points. It's fun digging thru my stash. I've actually used more deco brads THIS MONTH than other months in the last couple of years, at least. It's awesome. Can't wait to see the stash list for next month!

same here on the brads!  (which is why i put them on the list lol) in fact, my stash of useable ones is now so low i might need to buy more  😲

i'm very competitve in that way too  😁 so glad you're enjoying yourself!!
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
wazzu94
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 358

Post by wazzu94 »

I really love this team challenge for sure.  Enjoying the competitive part, finding ways to add to my layout for points and like others use items that haven't been touched in sometime!  I like having the thread to post my layout and points for my own tracking - having it in one place is helpful.  

I can't think of anything to change!  So far it's been a blast and excited for next month!
Suzann
 ImageImageImage            
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

wazzu94 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:11 pm
I really love this team challenge for sure.  Enjoying the competitive part, finding ways to add to my layout for points and like others use items that haven't been touched in sometime!  I like having the thread to post my layout and points for my own tracking - having it in one place is helpful.  

I can't think of anything to change!  So far it's been a blast and excited for next month!

i'm glad you're enjoying it!  😊
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
mizz_kitty21
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 146

Post by mizz_kitty21 »

I think I already added my thoughts in the august signup thread :D 

I adore this challenge, and if I didn’t already know that I’m gonna be pretty busy at work next month, I’d have volunteered for team captain too. 

I enjoy the stash list so much, and digging through my stash, I have several ideas to suggest for next month list, if you’re taking suggestions? 

ETA; I forgot to reply to the questions about sharing, and I can see pros and cons for having a ‘save my spot’ thread and a general sharing thread. 

I’m keeping track of my points by having a little book, where I write the title and points, and I add it up, when I’ve filled out one page in my notebook. So, I’m happy keeping to the sharing thread, because we get to see each others layouts mixed around the different challenges, and getting inspired. 

I can also see the point in having one spot in a thread, that’s only mine, but for me personally, I wouldn’t feel like part of a team. Like, in the bi-monthly challenge, I’m not part of a team, but doing the challenge for myself. I don’t know if that makes sense? 
Last edited by mizz_kitty21 on Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1753

Post by beachlover »

Art_Teacher wrote:
stI am loving it, so far! :)  I do think we just need a thread to save our spots and put all our layouts in one place.  It would just make it easier to keep track of, but that's just notmy opinion. ;)  I assume you are going to change up the list of requirements each month, right?  I love how this is getting me to sort through my stash and use things I might use!
I agree with that.  If each team had a thhred with the captain name (So And So's Team Completed LO Thread)  something easy to find, so everyone puts their work in the correct spot so things do not get missed.

I am a bit confused still about the point system too, but that's probably just me  :?
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1753

Post by beachlover »

Laura wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:07 pm

Smooches, Leslie!  😘
Laura, RE: the items you do not own, have you thought about joining Envies each month?  Those would be great items to put on your wishlist, the Envies are fun; receiving  goodies from another Cherry that are a surprise is sooo nice!  Just something to think about  :greenlol:

Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2070

Post by MTCanuk »

I have enjoyed this challenge, a lot!

Got some things out that I don't use often( especially stamps)  

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

beachlover wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:55 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
stI am loving it, so far! :)  I do think we just need a thread to save our spots and put all our layouts in one place.  It would just make it easier to keep track of, but that's just notmy opinion. ;)  I assume you are going to change up the list of requirements each month, right?  I love how this is getting me to sort through my stash and use things I might use!
I agree with that.  If each team had a thhred with the captain name (So And So's Team Completed LO Thread)  something easy to find, so everyone puts their work in the correct spot so things do not get missed.

I am a bit confused still about the point system too, but that's probably just me  :? 

i'm not at all against a tracking thread  😊 i chose not to start one for several reasons but mostly because so much is missed in those threads.  i wanted to be able to see and comment on each and every LO my team posted (at least those in the sharing thread; i don't get into the gallery as much as i used to) and unless you dilligently go through every single post every single day, that's not possible.  anyone who wants to start a tracking thread, be my guest!  i'll still be posting a sharing thread though  😊

don't overthink the points because they're deceptively simple.  ask yourself did i upload to the gallery?  did i do a challenge?  did i use vicki boutin?  did i use wood veneer? etc. and on down the list.  anything you say yes to, that's one point (except challenges are one point per challenge).  you are only going to ever get 10 points max from the stash list.  1 point for uploading max.  and however many challenges you're able to combine.  does this help?
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:21 pm
I have enjoyed this challenge, a lot!

Got some things out that I don't use often( especially stamps)  

me too!  the brads (mentioned above) and stamps definitely.  even though a lot of my stamping has been very minimal, at least i'm using them!  i'm happy you're enjoying it  😊
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
emmapaige
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 2481

Post by emmapaige »

I'm loving this challenge because it motivates me to scrap AND use my stash. I haven't used brads in years but I've got plenty. What I do need to pull out this month is my stamps which I also have enough that I could open my own stamp store. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

mizz_kitty21 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:46 pm
I think I already added my thoughts in the august signup thread :D 

I adore this challenge, and if I didn’t already know that I’m gonna be pretty busy at work next month, I’d have volunteered for team captain too. 

I enjoy the stash list so much, and digging through my stash, I have several ideas to suggest for next month list, if you’re taking suggestions? 

ETA; I forgot to reply to the questions about sharing, and I can see pros and cons for having a ‘save my spot’ thread and a general sharing thread. 

I’m keeping track of my points by having a little book, where I write the title and points, and I add it up, when I’ve filled out one page in my notebook. So, I’m happy keeping to the sharing thread, because we get to see each others layouts mixed around the different challenges, and getting inspired. 

I can also see the point in having one spot in a thread, that’s only mine, but for me personally, I wouldn’t feel like part of a team. Like, in the bi-monthly challenge, I’m not part of a team, but doing the challenge for myself. I don’t know if that makes sense? 

aww it would have been great to have you as co-captain, but i totally understand!

i will definitely take suggestions for the stash list in future months, but for the first few i'm going to make the list myself.  just until we all get used to it, kwim?  

*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bomb

Post by stinkerbelle »

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:41 pm
I'm loving this challenge because it motivates me to scrap AND use my stash. I haven't used brads in years but I've got plenty. What I do need to pull out this month is my stamps which I also have enough that I could open my own stamp store. 
😂

i'm someone who will proclaim loud and proud that i'm not a stamper and yet i have soooo many lol

glad you're finding it motivational!
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image
Trek
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 429

Post by Trek »

I'm not very good at decorating my pages usually. This challenge helps a lot. Going through the list, adding items and voilà, your page is decorated. Love it!
Katerina

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”