Scrap a Day, July 17th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1057

Scrap a Day, July 17th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Extremely cloudy this morning. Headed for 91 again and humid. We are expecting thunderstorms tonight too. The new dry well is done so it will be a chance to test it out. I think it is going to work really well. Not much going on here today. I have some odds and ends to do around the house and maybe scrap later on when my cleaning ladies are here. I did finish this layout yesterday for one of the MMC challenges.

Hope you all have a great day.

Image Image Image

traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 764

Re: Scrap a Day, July 17th

Post by traveler »

Good morning. Cute page Barb.

It's been unbearable hot here also the past few days, so hot that I have been trying to water my gardens several times a day. It's still hot but it poured last night so hopefully my gardens are doing better and it's supposed to rain again later today and then maybe the heat will break. I'm getting my roots colored this morning and the place is about 5 blocks away so I will at least get out which I didn't really yesterday. and then hopefully the weather will be better after today.

All this hot weather has been good for my scrapping and I am making good progress on my little Tuscany album. I have a plan for the cover and spine so I will work on those after I finish the page on my desk. 

Not much else going on here. Have a great day everyone. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2362

Post by Art_Teacher »

pawprints wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:25 am
Hey Cherries. Extremely cloudy this morning. Headed for 91 again and humid. We are expecting thunderstorms tonight too. The new dry well is done so it will be a chance to test it out. I think it is going to work really well. Not much going on here today. I have some odds and ends to do around the house and maybe scrap later on when my cleaning ladies are here. I did finish this layout yesterday for one of the MMC challenges.

This is so beautiful, Barb!  The pastel are perfect for that photo!

Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

trainmom wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:33 am

It's been unbearable hot here also the past few days, so hot that I have been trying to water my gardens several times a day. It's still hot but it poured last night so hopefully my gardens are doing better and it's supposed to rain again later today and then maybe the heat will break. I'm getting my roots colored this morning and the place is about 5 blocks away so I will at least get out which I didn't really yesterday. and then hopefully the weather will be better after today.

All this hot weather has been good for my scrapping and I am making good progress on my little Tuscany album. I have a plan for the cover and spine so I will work on those after I finish the page on my desk. 

Our heat broke yesterday evening, so it is headed your way!  Yes, the hot weather is great for getting things done inside. :)

Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

Packing, details, etc. for me, today.  We don't actually leave until 4:30 tomorrow afternoon, but I really want my suitcase packed so all I have to add is my toiletries. :)  Cooled off a great bit from yesterday, so at least my garden might survive while I'm gone!
Laura
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1377

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Hot here too. My redheaded self can't take it anymore - I want fall weather! I'm so sweaty all the time and it's so unladylike ROFL!!! I put in to work the Foo Fighters concert tonight and am already rethinking my life, haha. Seriously though. Roll call is 3:30 and I don't know how long the concert will be. There are 2 opening acts and then prob a two-hour set. And there are thunderstorms predicted for our area but concerts go on rain or shine - no rain delays lol. 

Scrappy-wise, I finished the 3rd step of the progressive and have to take a picture and upload. I'm also working on the color challenge MMC...another home decor item per DH's request :) 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1823

Post by aheatfan »

Love your layout Barb, so pretty. 

Good morning Cherries. Staying out of the heat here as well. Just back from urgent care with a muscle relaxer in hand.  This pain is really just more annoying than anything.  I am not a sit around person so this is making me crazy.  Waiting for that to set it. If it does not make me too sleepy, I will start the MMC Challenges.  Have a great day everyone  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3727

Post by blbabe1234 »

pawprints wrote:

Wonderful layout! Gorgeous colors
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:47 am
Hot here too. My redheaded self can't take it anymore - I want fall weather! I'm so sweaty all the time and it's so unladylike ROFL!!! I put in to work the Foo Fighters concert tonight and am already rethinking my life, haha. Seriously though. Roll call is 3:30 and I don't know how long the concert will be. There are 2 opening acts and then prob a two-hour set. And there are thunderstorms predicted for our area but concerts go on rain or shine - no rain delays lol. 

Scrappy-wise, I finished the 3rd step of the progressive and have to take a picture and upload. I'm also working on the color challenge MMC...another home decor item per DH's request :) 

LOL..so true. I've been sweating my boobs off all my life in the nasty heat and I still think it's unladylike to sweat THAT MUCH.

Glad you're scrapping though
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

aheatfan wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:17 am

Good morning Cherries. Staying out of the heat here as well. Just back from urgent care with a muscle relaxer in hand.  This pain is really just more annoying than anything.  I am not a sit around person so this is making me crazy.  Waiting for that to set it. If it does not make me too sleepy, I will start the MMC Challenges.  Have a great day everyone  😊

Wow...sorry you had to go to urgent care for the pain. Hopef you feel better
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2070

Post by MTCanuk »

pawprints wrote:

Your layout is so pretty, Barb!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries. Already been crazy busy, still playing catch up from the crazy busy day I had yesterday.

So last night, a little after 7:30, my SIL calls me saying that the school called her an hour ago and Jasper WILL NOT be starting school the next day (TODAY!!) WTF? He had his eval in early May. We got him registered and enrolled in mid-May. He MET the Teacher yesterday. The nurse was there during his eval in May AND talked to both my brother and my SIL YESTERDAY!! Apparently, the Nurse needed more forms filled out and needed his pediatrician to fill some things out due to Jasper's dietary needs and trache. WTF!!! WHY wasn't this done during eval OR registration OR yesterday? $hit! The NURSE was there during the eval and yesterday. She spoke to Jasper's parents and at 6:30 realizes she doesn't have everything? OMGOODNESS we were alllll soooo pissed off. Poor guy, he was sooo excited to start school. Luckily, the school sent my SIL the forms and she turned around at send them to the dr's office. At 7:45 this morning, the receptionist called my SIL stating she got the papers and will get the Dr to sign off on them and *hopefully* turn those forms around before noon today. Then my SIL can send them to the school and *maybe* Jasper can start school tomorrow, if not by Friday? Oy! What a $hit $how!

Anyways, I was out the door by 7:20 to go to my brother and SIL's house to watch the 3 li'l guys while they took Draven to school. First day of 1st Grade!!! He was so excited! Got tons of pics (of course!). My brother and SIL didn't get back until 8:30. Total chaos during drop-off. Parents parked in "no parking" and blocking traffic. What a $hit $how. Then we got to talking about other things. Didn't get home until 9 this morning.

I'm about to start work since I only worked 4 hrs yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

emmapaige
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 2481

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:

What a super sweet layout! She is growing up so quickly.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 535

Post by SandyJay »

pawprints wrote:

This is a beautiful page, Barb!  That photo is priceless!  

emmapaige
Cherry Addict

Post by emmapaige »

trainmom wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:33 am

This weather is becoming unbearable! I dread getting my PECO bill.

** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Cherry Addict

Post by emmapaige »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Packing, details, etc. for me, today.  We don't actually leave until 4:30 tomorrow afternoon, but I really want my suitcase packed so all I have to add is my toiletries. :)  Cooled off a great bit from yesterday, so at least my garden might survive while I'm gone!

I always like to pack early too. Much less stressful!
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Cherry Addict

Post by emmapaige »

scrappinmom99 wrote:

I would love to see the Foo Fighters in concert but it won’t be the same without Taylor Hawkins. Be careful tonight.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Cherry Addict

Post by emmapaige »

aheatfan wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:17 am

I hope the muscle relaxers help.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Cherry Addict

Post by emmapaige »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:45 am
Good morning cherries. Already been crazy busy, still playing catch up from the crazy busy day I had yesterday.

So last night, a little after 7:30, my SIL calls me saying that the school called her an hour ago and Jasper WILL NOT be starting school the next day (TODAY!!) WTF? He had his eval in early May. We got him registered and enrolled in mid-May. He MET the Teacher yesterday. The nurse was there during his eval in May AND talked to both my brother and my SIL YESTERDAY!! Apparently, the Nurse needed more forms filled out and needed his pediatrician to fill some things out due to Jasper's dietary needs and trache. WTF!!! WHY wasn't this done during eval OR registration OR yesterday? $hit! The NURSE was there during the eval and yesterday. She spoke to Jasper's parents and at 6:30 realizes she doesn't have everything? OMGOODNESS we were alllll soooo pissed off. Poor guy, he was sooo excited to start school. Luckily, the school sent my SIL the forms and she turned around at send them to the dr's office. At 7:45 this morning, the receptionist called my SIL stating she got the papers and will get the Dr to sign off on them and *hopefully* turn those forms around before noon today. Then my SIL can send them to the school and *maybe* Jasper can start school tomorrow, if not by Friday? Oy! What a $hit $how!

Anyways, I was out the door by 7:20 to go to my brother and SIL's house to watch the 3 li'l guys while they took Draven to school. First day of 1st Grade!!! He was so excited! Got tons of pics (of course!). My brother and SIL didn't get back until 8:30. Total chaos during drop-off. Parents parked in "no parking" and blocking traffic. What a $hit $how. Then we got to talking about other things. Didn't get home until 9 this morning.

I'm about to start work since I only worked 4 hrs yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Poor little Jasper. Such disorganization and a sweet little boy has to suffer. Glad that Draven got to go to first grade. I saw pics on FB.

** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush

Post by Art_Teacher »

scrappinmom99 wrote:

LOL...yes, sweating so much is unladylike!  My high school cheerleading advisor used to tell us "women glow, they don't sweat."  Haha!

Laura

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”