Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: The heat caught up with me :(
Glad to hear you are on the mend!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

CynthiaB

Cherry Blossom

Oh, that's awful! Glad you're taking it easy today, and SO thankful that you finally have power.  🙏
Image Image

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

pawprints wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:44 pm
Oh Flora I am so sorry you have had to deal with the extreme heat and another trip to the ER after everything else you have been through. I'm so glad you finally got your power back and can rest in the comfort of your a/c now. ((Hugs))

Thank you. It is so nice to have the ac back on. Definitely a day of rest.
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

shoorn wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:49 pm
Oh no - after all you have been through! Glad the power is back on and you can rest in the a/c.

Thank you Susan. I'm truly thankful for the cool house today.

ImageImageImageImage

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

suewho372 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:41 pm
Lots of rest and keep up the fluids. Beware that in the future you may be extra sensitive to the heat so you need to watch and take off yourself. Lots of hugs and prayers for the body balance to get back to normal.

Thank you. ♥️ They made sure to let me know to stay out of the heat for awhile. Until I'm feeling better.

ImageImageImageImage

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

karensay wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:50 pm
Glad to hear you are on the mend!

Thank you ❤️

ImageImageImageImage

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

CynthiaB wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:00 pm
Oh, that's awful! Glad you're taking it easy today, and SO thankful that you finally have power.  🙏

Thank you Cynthia! Everyone cheered in my neighborhood. It was so nice.

ImageImageImageImage

rkokes

Cherry Blossom

So sorry Flora!  I am glad your power came back on, and I am praying you feel better very quickly!
Image  Image  Image  Image Image

Mommyof5

Sweet Cherry Pie

Oh My Goodness! Thank goodness you are ok! It has definitely been crazy hot...and then add on top of the heat all the stress you have been under...Bed rest is absolutely what you need.  Take care of yourself so that you can continue to be there and help your family and neighbors when you are healthy.  Let me know if you need ANYTHING!  You know I will be there! 
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Oh Flora!  I am so sorry that you had to deal with that  - but thankful you were able to get to the ER and get fluids and be seen!  Praying that you are feeling better and that those without power will soon have it restored!

Stay cool and hydrated!
Rebecca

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Awww Flora! I keep praying for everyone down there! I'm so sorry to hear you fell ill from the heat! Hugs to you!!!! 🫂 Praying!

Wild4Duran2

Cherry Blossom

Glad to hear that you are taking it easy and feeling better!

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Oh Flora, I'm so sorry to hear this. We don't have near the heat you have, I'm sure but my sister didn't think the warnings for the elderly were for us, just other elderly, and experienced a similar event as you did. I found her in the room off from our pool and she had water but was sitting with her eyes closed, and kind of panting to get air. She had spent four hours sitting in the sun by the pool, working on her tan. I asked her if she wanted to look good in her casket? Omg the pool water was in the 90s! Since then she's gone out late at night to swim, and only for an hour or less.

Me? I've yet to go into our pool at all this summer, it was too hot to sit on the steps (which are in the water). That's anything but relaxing. I've been staying in watching old TV shows and movies and scrapping. All in the central AC. We set it at 67 and it never stops running and is never below 73 in the house, it can't keep up and it's a pretty new unit.

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

rkokes wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:33 pm
So sorry Flora!  I am glad your power came back on, and I am praying you feel better very quickly!

I feel much better today. Two days of good sleep in a cool house did wonders. Thank you ❤️

ImageImageImageImage

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Mommyof5 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:48 am
Oh My Goodness! Thank goodness you are ok! It has definitely been crazy hot...and then add on top of the heat all the stress you have been under...Bed rest is absolutely what you need.  Take care of yourself so that you can continue to be there and help your family and neighbors when you are healthy.  Let me know if you need ANYTHING!  You know I will be there! 

Thank you sweet friend!! I'm starting to feel much better. I just needed a boost in hydration and a cool house to sleep in. That heat was just to much on thus girl!

ImageImageImageImage

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Monroe1218 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:59 am
Oh Flora!  I am so sorry that you had to deal with that  - but thankful you were able to get to the ER and get fluids and be seen!  Praying that you are feeling better and that those without power will soon have it restored!

Stay cool and hydrated!

Thank you so much. Yes I'm hopeful they will get the last 250k within the next few days. It's already getting hit again.

ImageImageImageImage

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:34 am
Awww Flora! I keep praying for everyone down there! I'm so sorry to hear you fell ill from the heat! Hugs to you!!!! 🫂 Praying!

Thank you so much ❤️

ImageImageImageImage

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

Wild4Duran2 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:41 am
Glad to hear that you are taking it easy and feeling better!

Thank you so much ❤️

ImageImageImageImage

Mycreativerootscrafts

Cherry Garcia

sherelm wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:14 am
Oh Flora, I'm so sorry to hear this. We don't have near the heat you have, I'm sure but my sister didn't think the warnings for the elderly were for us, just other elderly, and experienced a similar event as you did. I found her in the room off from our pool and she had water but was sitting with her eyes closed, and kind of panting to get air. She had spent four hours sitting in the sun by the pool, working on her tan. I asked her if she wanted to look good in her casket? Omg the pool water was in the 90s! Since then she's gone out late at night to swim, and only for an hour or less.

Me? I've yet to go into our pool at all this summer, it was too hot to sit on the steps (which are in the water). That's anything but relaxing. I've been staying in watching old TV shows and movies and scrapping. All in the central AC. We set it at 67 and it never stops running and is never below 73 in the house, it can't keep up and it's a pretty new unit.

Oh no that is so scary isn't it. It literally sneaks up on you. The heat is nothing to take lightly and I know that. I was very hydrated. But it slowly caught up with me anyways. I was just getting over covid so my body was already weakened. I'm sure that was not helpful. I'm taking it easy and just relaxing. Two days of good sleep in a cool house has been wonderful. I usually get pretty cold and need my electric blanket most nights in the ac. Because of anemia. But I would rather be chilly than extremely hot. I can dress or cover up to get warm. There is no way to regulate to cool down. This summer will be indoors for me. I don't want to experience that again.

ImageImageImageImage

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Florac74 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:51 am
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:34 am

Thank you so much ❤️

Always 😊

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee