Scrap a Day, July 10th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1058

Scrap a Day, July 10th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Not much going on here today. Originally they were coming to start on the drywell in my backyard but that was moved to tomorrow. I have a grocery delivery this afternoon and am going to finish the layout on my screen, then start working on some ideas for Maddie’s sweet 16 party invitations. The horrible humidity continues but I’ll go out and plant the remaining flowers that I have so I’ll get that done today too.

Have a great day Cherries.

Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3732

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning Barb. Sorry for the nasty humidity you and fellow cherries are enduring.

There was a state-wide Spectrum outage yesterday afternoon. I wasn't affected (AT&T) but DH's work uses Spectrum for their internet/phones, as well as my client and many other places. So it was quiet yesterday afternoon. Everyone is back up and running so not sure what kind of day I will have.

Nothing else going on here, for once.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 330

Post by Flasher »

Hello, Cherries!

We were supposed to get hit with tons of rain overnight from the remnants of Beryl.  We got three little rumbles of thunder and a light shower.  That's it.  I'm relieved that we didn't get any storms or flooding rains.  But, I wish our local weather people would stop being so "Chicken Little" about everything.  They do that so often, and in my area, they are more often wrong!  Like Barb, I've got humidity -- high humidity.  Ugh.

I've got a meatloaf in the oven, so the bulk of dinner is done.  I've got a basket of potatoes that I really need to use, so I think I'll make mashed potatoes.  Anyone want to come peel them?  That is my least favorite kitchen task to do!

We've got a Home Depot order coming.  They will be delivering dirt and grass seed since we still have to repair the lawn from the water leak last month.  We also have giant bags of bird seed coming for the birdies!

Have a great day ALL!

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1831

Post by aheatfan »

Good morning Cherries.  Workers here today, never showed yesterday. Staying in my scraproom until they are done. Weather is yucky - hot humid and gray.  Hope everyone has a great day  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1417

Post by VickiR »

My morning is a continuation of last night looking for a stamp/die cut set.  I used it for a card the beginning of May and haven't been able to locate it since.  It's 49 & Market Painted Pencil Leaves set and I can't imagine where it is.  I've gone through everything...stamps, dies, embellishments, papers.  You name it, I've searched through it.  So frustrating!  It will show up, I'm sure, when I decide to replace it.  Ugh!!!  Very hot and humid today with thundershowers forecast for this evening.  I sure hope so because our grass is pretty crispy!
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 773

Post by traveler »

We also have the heat and humidity here. I'm really getting tired of it. I have a workman in the house installing a new alarm system, apparently our insurance company didn't like our old system and wants this one instead. He's going to be here all day, I think. I find having people like this so annoying. I sort of want to supervise him, at least one and off. so while I may scrap, It will have to be in and out. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

traveler
Cherry Cola

Post by traveler »

VickiR wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:34 am
My morning is a continuation of last night looking for a stamp/die cut set.  I used it for a card the beginning of May and haven't been able to locate it since.  It's 49 & Market Painted Pencil Leaves set and I can't imagine where it is.  I've gone through everything...stamps, dies, embellishments, papers.  You name it, I've searched through it.  So frustrating!  It will show up, I'm sure, when I decide to replace it.  Ugh!!!  Very hot and humid today with thundershowers forecast for this evening.  I sure hope so because our grass is pretty crispy!

I spread my stamp sets all over the rug looking for a particular one a couple weeks ago. I found several others that I forgot I had. Now, most of the stamps are still spread out on the rug, it seems to be my new storage system, which I don't recommend because it makes it hard to walk around the room. I hope you find yours. I understand the frustration.
Louise

VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

trainmom wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:37 am
VickiR wrote:

I spread my stamp sets all over the rug looking for a particular one a couple weeks ago. I found several others that I forgot I had. Now, most of the stamps are still spread out on the rug, it seems to be my new storage system, which I don't recommend because it makes it hard to walk around the room. I hope you find yours. I understand the frustration. 
LOL!  I'm picturing that storage system in my mind.  Sounds like my die cuts when I have them out in excess.  I hope to find it too.  I just can't imagine where it is.  I have the package from the die, but not the one with the stamp/die outer cover.

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 539

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

pawprints wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:04 am
Hey Cherries. Not much going on here today. Originally they were coming to start on the drywell in my backyard but that was moved to tomorrow. I have a grocery delivery this afternoon and am going to finish the layout on my screen, then start working on some ideas for Maddie’s sweet 16 party invitations. The horrible humidity continues but I’ll go out and plant the remaining flowers that I have so I’ll get that done today too.

Have a great day Cherries.

Hey Barb 😊 Sounds like a busy enough day! ☺️ Just make sure to have fun with everything! 😉 😊😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

trainmom wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:35 am
We also have the heat and humidity here. I'm really getting tired of it. I have a workman in the house installing a new alarm system, apparently our insurance company didn't like our old system and wants this one instead. He's going to be here all day, I think. I find having people like this so annoying. I sort of want to supervise him, at least one and off. so while I may scrap, It will have to be in and out. 

Sorry they made you upgrade your alarm, but NoT sorry if it's REALLY, truly BETTER!! 😉 I hope you have a good day!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:

Oh I lose things all the time lol I wonder if the stencil is in with papers? You've probably checked though everything like me lol I find stencils in my kits and papers sometimes! (And stamps haha!)! I hope you do find it though!!!! 🙏🏻Idk where things go when they go! 😂 I've ALREADY lost my meds this morning 😂😂 😂
Stay cool, Vicki! 😎
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:09 am
Good morning Barb. Sorry for the nasty humidity you and fellow cherries are enduring.

There was a state-wide Spectrum outage yesterday afternoon. I wasn't affected (AT&T) but DH's work uses Spectrum for their internet/phones, as well as my client and many other places. So it was quiet yesterday afternoon. Everyone is back up and running so not sure what kind of day I will have.

Nothing else going on here, for once.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Good luck with your day!!!!! 😉 I hope it's not too busy! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Hey Cherries 😊
The good news is that I have new work shoes coming Saturday, so Monday morning I'm going to go to my old job and get re-hired. (They want me back, like, as soon as I left! Lol!) I'm gonna enjoy the rest of my week and weekend before going back. I plan on doing lots of arts and crafts! 😉😊
We've had rain and VERY surprisingly cooler weather last night and all day so far! It's ALMOST spooky when it drops this MUCH in July! 😲 I KNOW we'll be paying for it in a few days 😂😂😂
I'm in a silly mood this morning! 😊
Getting ready to get my scrap on soon! Stay blessed, DCs! 😊
VickiR
Cherry Cropper

Post by VickiR »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:57 am
VickiR wrote:

Oh I lose things all the time lol I wonder if the stencil is in with papers? You've probably checked though everything like me lol I find stencils in my kits and papers sometimes! (And stamps haha!)! I hope you do find it though!!!! 🙏🏻Idk where things go when they go! 😂 I've ALREADY lost my meds this morning 😂😂 😂
Stay cool, Vicki! 😎 
Trying to stay cool...LOL!  Not finding the die cut and stamp are making my temperature rise!

traveler
Cherry Cola

Post by traveler »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:54 am
trainmom wrote:

Sorry they made you upgrade your alarm, but NoT sorry if it's REALLY, truly BETTER!! 😉 I hope you have a good day! 
it's not truly better. It's just what the insurance company wants and they're very particular. Some of the things they recommended made sense, but this is just annoying. 

Louise

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:02 am
Hey Cherries 😊
The good news is that I have new work shoes coming Saturday, so Monday morning I'm going to go to my old job and get re-hired. (They want me back, like, as soon as I left! Lol!) I'm gonna enjoy the rest of my week and weekend before going back. I plan on doing lots of arts and crafts! 😉😊
We've had rain and VERY surprisingly cooler weather last night and all day so far! It's ALMOST spooky when it drops this MUCH in July! 😲 I KNOW we'll be paying for it in a few days 😂😂😂
I'm in a silly mood this morning! 😊
Getting ready to get my scrap on soon! Stay blessed, DCs! 😊

Yay for new shoes. Good luck going back to your old job.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

trainmom wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:14 am
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
trainmom wrote:

it's not truly better. It's just what the insurance company wants and they're very particular. Some of the things they recommended made sense, but this is just annoying.  

That would frustrate the you know what out of me. Dumbest thing I've ever heard..and insurance company FORCING a customer to change their alarm system. IDK who your insurance company is or what they are making you switch to, but....pphhttttttt on them! 👎
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

traveler
Cherry Cola

Post by traveler »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:37 am
trainmom wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:14 am
JollyHollyScraps wrote:

That would frustrate the you know what out of me. Dumbest thing I've ever heard..and insurance company FORCING a customer to change their alarm system. IDK who your insurance company is or what they are making you switch to, but....pphhttttttt on them! 👎 
Unfortunately it’s hard to find companies willing to insure an older home around here and we had a huge claim 2 years ago, so I’m willing to put up with their nonsense. The other stuff they made us do actually made sense. Our insurance agent actually has the same insurance provider and alarm company in his own house and is going to have to switch their alarm provider also. 

Louise

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2077

Post by MTCanuk »

Heating up here in the west, too. Suppose to hit 100*. Not my favourite kind of day. Got my walk in before it heats up much more. Now icing.

Curtis has some kind of tech meeting with some guy about our camper. To try to figure out what the heck is draining our batteries to empty when we are off grid camping. We also have solar panels that are suppose to recharge those batteries too!

Had someone come to give us a estimate on redoing our deck. It’s at least 30 years old and just needs replacing.

Will be staying in with it heating up and crafting.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1504

Post by Charleneanne »

Stupid hot here again today. 107 today and 111 tomorrow. Butweather guy keeps waving the carrot in front of the donkey lol oh yeah it’s going to b cooling down. For sure this time. In the 90’s by Sunday!!!🥵🤬

Contractors coming this afternoon for roof replacement estimate. Not looking forward to that at all. I lost a lot of roof shingles in two storms back in February and Ive put off the work since then, procrastinator that I am.

Thats about it around here. lol Have a worry free Wednesday (if possible)

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”