Get an extra 10% off everything with code FALL10
PLUS get a free $5 gift card with a $50 purchase with code FREE5

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

Re: Scrap a Day, June 18th
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:30 am
Today I'm trying to finish the manuscript I'm working on. It's not long ("only" 280 pages) but there is so much fact-checking to do on it that is making it take longer. Today is the annual Museum Mile Festival here in NYC where many of the museums along Fifth Avenue have free admission from 6-9pm. We never get to go because it's on a weeknight, but since tomorrow DH has off for Juneteenth we are going to go. We'll meet him around 5ish and go for pizza and then we picked the Guggenheim as the museum we want to see. The Metropolitan Museum of Art was my first choice, but I noticed that they have a thing where NYS residents "pay what you wish" (ie: a penny or a dollar LOL instead of the $30 tix per person!) so we will save that for another time. 

As for scrapping, I'm going through my pics / supplies to see what to do for the MMCs. I also have to take a pic and upload the Father's Day card I made for DH, which is the only thing I've really done other than MMCs this month. I need to chop chop and get some mojo back!

That sounds like a long manuscript to me!  Drudgery!  Hope you get it done soon. Enjoy the museum this evening! 

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

JUst checking in.  Still coolish and grey out.  Maybe more rain today.  Had like 3/4 inch yesterday.  Only into the 50's for today.  

Have a few things to do today.  And the biggest thing- I actually was able to actually sleep in my bed all night.  that's a first since surgery a month ago.  Considering I mostly sat on the couch the last month, it actually flew by.  I just paid up some bills.  Have both PT and a post op surgeon visit this afternoon.  

And I have a couple of layouts I need to get uploaded and to their respective challenges.  Need to make a birthday card for a little 5 year old who has a birthday next week.  Need to get it in the mail and across to the east coast.   That's about it for me today!!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Mommytron wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:55 am
Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:15 am
Hot and nasty is the description of this entire week...I just hate the humidity so much! Woke up at 8 am and it was already 78 degrees with 84% humidity!  Yucky!  Hitting above 90, so I plan to stay inside in my a/c!  Have been cleaning up files on my computer and might get a little scrappy this afternoon. However, my SIL and BIL are coming to stay next week, so I have to clean up their room, too.  It becomes the catch-all room over the winter.  LOL

I am in the same weather, Laura!  Yuck!  I went outside yesterday and couldn’t breathe well, so I stayed indoors.  The humidity is the worst.  Hope you have a productive day.   
Wow...I thought Michigan was less humid and cooler than Ohio...sorry you also have to deal with this nastiness!  We will get lots done inside, right? ;)

Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Today I'm trying to finish the manuscript I'm working on. It's not long ("only" 280 pages) but there is so much fact-checking to do on it that is making it take longer. Today is the annual Museum Mile Festival here in NYC where many of the museums along Fifth Avenue have free admission from 6-9pm. We never get to go because it's on a weeknight, but since tomorrow DH has off for Juneteenth we are going to go. We'll meet him around 5ish and go for pizza and then we picked the Guggenheim as the museum we want to see. The Metropolitan Museum of Art was my first choice, but I noticed that they have a thing where NYS residents "pay what you wish" (ie: a penny or a dollar LOL instead of the $30 tix per person!) so we will save that for another time. 

As for scrapping, I'm going through my pics / supplies to see what to do for the MMCs. I also have to take a pic and upload the Father's Day card I made for DH, which is the only thing I've really done other than MMCs this month. I need to chop chop and get some mojo back!

Wow...what a great thing to see! I would love to visit any of the NYC museums...they are on my bucket list, for sure. :)  Good luck getting your mojo back!

Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:31 am
Art_Teacher wrote:
Hot and nasty is the description of this entire week...I just hate the humidity so much! Woke up at 8 am and it was already 78 degrees with 84% humidity!  Yucky!  Hitting above 90, so I plan to stay inside in my a/c!  Have been cleaning up files on my computer and might get a little scrappy this afternoon. However, my SIL and BIL are coming to stay next week, so I have to clean up their room, too.  It becomes the catch-all room over the winter.  LOL

Sorry y'all are having to deal with the heat.

Your SIL and BIL. Are those the same pooples that stress you out each time they stay and visit? 
LOL...yes!  ;)  I am trying to stay positive.  At least they are coming in the summer during my time away from school.  My SIL doesn't seem to get what a teacher's life is like, especially in September, before Thanksgiving break, and in May! She likes to announce they are coming then, and I have no say in the matter. smh   We were lucky last Thanksgiving that they had just moved, so they wanted to stay around home. To be fair, my BIL is lovely and laid-back.  It's all DH's older sister...she's high maintenance. But, they have several plans to visit family and so-forth, so hopefully, it'll be good.

Laura
 Image    Image         

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:03 pm
Mommytron wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:55 am
Art_Teacher wrote:

I am in the same weather, Laura!  Yuck!  I went outside yesterday and couldn’t breathe well, so I stayed indoors.  The humidity is the worst.  Hope you have a productive day.    
Wow...I thought Michigan was less humid and cooler than Ohio...sorry you also have to deal with this nastiness!  We will get lots done inside, right? ;)

Good time to work on the MMC and laundry!  

scrappinmom99

Cherry Cropper

Mommytron wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:58 am
scrappinmom99 wrote:

That sounds like a long manuscript to me!  Drudgery!  Hope you get it done soon. Enjoy the museum this evening!    

This one is about 65,000 words but nonfiction. Usually I am doing sci-fi / fantasy ones that are 90,000-150,000 words LOL! It's the fact-checking that's bogging me down! If she's mentioning real people or things that happened I have to make sure it's right. For fiction...they make stuff up all the time and I just have to make sure it's consistent. Also sci-fi / fantasy is stuff I'd read on my own anyway LOL! 

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:31 pm
Mommytron wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:58 am
scrappinmom99 wrote:

This one is about 65,000 words but nonfiction. Usually I am doing sci-fi / fantasy ones that are 90,000-150,000 words LOL! It's the fact-checking that's bogging me down! If she's mentioning real people or things that happened I have to make sure it's right. For fiction...they make stuff up all the time and I just have to make sure it's consistent. Also sci-fi / fantasy is stuff I'd read on my own anyway LOL! 

VERY interesting!  I would love a job doing that for nursing articles.  I love doing research.  

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:12 am
trainmom wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:39 am
Good morning. Another hot day here, so I'm hoping to go to that pool which I still haven't been to. Not for a pool day just for a little lap swimming. Other than that, I'm home alone today and not busy for the first day in a while so I'm playing my music loud and doing my things, which includes laundry and scrapping. Right now I'm waiting for some modeling paste to dry.

We went to the Phillies game last night, which was great because they got a lot of hits and homeruns. We got free tickets which were on 400 level where I have never been before and I'm bit scared of heights so that was interesting, but it was still really fun and free tickets are good, especially for a team that is always sold out. For those of you that know the stadium, we were higher than the Bell if you can imagine. 

Have a great day everyone!
Free tickets to a MLB game sounds terrific!  Did they win?

yes, they won by a lot so it was more fun!

Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:46 am
trainmom wrote:
Good morning. Another hot day here, so I'm hoping to go to that pool which I still haven't been to. Not for a pool day just for a little lap swimming. Other than that, I'm home alone today and not busy for the first day in a while so I'm playing my music loud and doing my things, which includes laundry and scrapping. Right now I'm waiting for some modeling paste to dry.

We went to the Phillies game last night, which was great because they got a lot of hits and homeruns. We got free tickets which were on 400 level where I have never been before and I'm bit scared of heights so that was interesting, but it was still really fun and free tickets are good, especially for a team that is always sold out. For those of you that know the stadium, we were higher than the Bell if you can imagine. 

Enjoy the pool! Perfect day for it! Don't you love being able to play your own music, do your own thing? I refer to that as "being able to move freely about the cabin" in our house LOL  

The baseball game sounds fun! I don't know your stadium but I know the difference between the upper decks at the old Shea Stadium and now Citi Field were so different. Shea was much steeper and I would be so scared up there. Citi Field is wider and not as tall. Sounds like you had a good time though and yeah free tix are always good!

I've been to both Shea and Citi but I can't remember the steepness, also I doubt I sat higher than the second level. Citizens Band Park is pretty steep up there on the 4th level. We usually sit in the first level which isn't steep and that's also a problem because I'm short. I always tell my husband I would prefer he get the second level because it's quite steep and still close so I can see well, but he always seems to get the first level. 

Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:59 am
JUst checking in.  Still coolish and grey out.  Maybe more rain today.  Had like 3/4 inch yesterday.  Only into the 50's for today.  

Have a few things to do today.  And the biggest thing- I actually was able to actually sleep in my bed all night.  that's a first since surgery a month ago.  Considering I mostly sat on the couch the last month, it actually flew by.  I just paid up some bills.  Have both PT and a post op surgeon visit this afternoon.  

And I have a couple of layouts I need to get uploaded and to their respective challenges.  Need to make a birthday card for a little 5 year old who has a birthday next week.  Need to get it in the mail and across to the east coast.   That's about it for me today!!
Oh good! Glad to hear you slep in your bed all night!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:12 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Art_Teacher wrote:

Your SIL and BIL. Are those the same pooples that stress you out each time they stay and visit?  
LOL...yes!  ;)  I am trying to stay positive.  At least they are coming in the summer during my time away from school.  My SIL doesn't seem to get what a teacher's life is like, especially in September, before Thanksgiving break, and in May! She likes to announce they are coming then, and I have no say in the matter. smh   We were lucky last Thanksgiving that they had just moved, so they wanted to stay around home. To be fair, my BIL is lovely and laid-back.  It's all DH's older sister...she's high maintenance. But, they have several plans to visit family and so-forth, so hopefully, it'll be good.

Good luck to you and drink when you can
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:23 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:12 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:

Good luck to you and drink when you can 
LOL  😂

Laura
 Image    Image         

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Finished a layout for the June Pet Challenge.  I love that Eliza's doggie daycare sends us photos! :)

Laura
 Image    Image         

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:11 am
Hey Cherries. Got all my patio chairs and table scrubbed yesterday and so glad that is done. I started a layout and hope to get back to working on it after my dentist appointment this afternoon.

Have a great day Cherries.

Glad you got all that patio work done! Now you can stay inside where it’s cool! Lol! Good luck at the dentist.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:37 pm
Finished a layout for the June Pet Challenge.  I love that Eliza's doggie daycare sends us photos! :)

Just saw this! LOVE LOVE LOVE

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

trainmom wrote:

OMG Louise! I’d have been afraid to stand up that high in the stands! Lol! Glad you enjoyed it! Free is always good! Enjoy your home alone day!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:03 am
Good morning cherries. Contractors have already been doing their thang the last hour or so. We've got City Inspection scheduled for this afternoon. Hope it goes well. Next step is painting but with the tropical cyclone south of us, we won't see them until next Monday. Expecting to get 4 to 7 inches in our area, starting tonight, with the heaviest tomorrow and settling down Thursday/Friday. Dry out Saturday/Sunday. Winds shouldn't be an issue - 40 mph - which a normal day for us. I only hope that it's a steady rain, and not something that causes flash flooding and chaos. We haven't had rain in a few months, so we desperately need this.

I'm excited about tomorrow. With Juneteenth now a federal holiday, my client's doors across her 6 offices will be closed. :greeninlove:  Which means, work-wise, I won't get bothered. Now, all depends on how much rain and how noisy it gets tomorrow will dictate whether or not I truly have a quiet day. But at least I won't have to deal with pooples.

Hope y'all have a great day.

Good luck on the inspection Brandy! And hope the storm rings that slow steady rain and doesn’t cause flooding! Fingers crossed for a really quiet day tomorrow! You deserve it!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:

I think everyone has a catch all room! Stay cool and have fun scrapping!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

scrappinmom99 wrote:

Have fun at the art museum!!! Hope you find lots of mojo there!!!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee