Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

NSD Hostesses Challenge
I had such a great time, and got so many layouts done for NSD. As a thank you, I want to gift one you the prize I won. I am always amazed at the creativity of the challenges, the work that goes into putting them together for us and the games we play during your slots.

This is real simple… I want to see your first layout (If not your first, an early layout).  Then I want to see the latest layout you designed (not a scraplift). Let’s see how your style has changed! 

Due June 30th

This is the prize:

Kim Breaux
ImageImage

DrSonja

Cherry Berry

Re: NSD Hostesses Challenge
Kim, this is so sweet of you. What a fun walk down memory lane, too!

I had to smile as the centered symmetry of this card I made in November 2014. Remember when buttons were all the rage? Oh, my.

Now, off to find a more recent example to compare.
Image  Image 

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

What a sweet and generous gesture, Kim.  I will have to hunt down one of my first.
    ImageImage

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

What a sweet challenge. Oh boy, my first layout... Gotta dig that out but am certain it's a sticker sneeze.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

aheatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:35 am
What a sweet challenge. Oh boy, my first layout... Gotta dig that out but am certain it's a sticker sneeze.

DITTO!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

You are soo sweet to do this Kim. LIke the others, I'm gonna have to dig out my first ever layout. :)
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

StacyLee

Cherry Garcia

This is so sweet of you!  I have to admit, I've already redone many of my first layouts because the pictures are so special to me and I couldn't look at the fading cardstock I bought at Walmart in 2001 and the deco edge scissor work anymore LOL  But I'll look back and see what I can come up with  :greenlol:
Stacy

ImageImageImage

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Aww...how nice of you!  

This isn't my first layout, but it is the first one posted in my gallery here (in 2003!)  Actually, there were 2 others a couple days before that, but for some reason their images won't load. lol  That was a LONG time ago! :)  As you can see, I started with the Creative Memories style.

This layout is the most recent one I loaded here that I designed...didn't use a sketch or scraplift.  I don't think it completely shows my style, because I'm still trying to figure out my PSE program for digi scrapping. lol

Here is the most recent digi layout with my old software (that I knew how to use!):

This is the most recent paper layout I did:

One thing that hasn't changed about my style from the beginning is that it is all about showcasing the photos for me.  Since I do digi, I don't mind doing single photo layouts, but I never scrap paper layouts with less than 2 photos on the page, and usually there are 4 or more.  lol
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

traveler

Cherry Cola

That is very sweet of you.
I didn't really join this message board until much later, but I did put a couple of layouts in a gallery here in 2006. Here is one of them:
Not only is my style simpler, my kids are much littler and my Dad is still alive. I love the way he is looking at them in this photo. That is also the house I grew up in and I remember that day, my Dad and the boys were so happy. 

I mostly do smaller sizes these days but here is a 12x12 one from NSD this year:
I use a lot more techniques now and a lot less patterned paper. Also, I don't think embellishment clusters were a thing back then, but if they were, I hadn't learned about them yet. 
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

DrSonja wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:19 pm
Kim, this is so sweet of you. What a fun walk down memory lane, too!

I had to smile as the centered symmetry of this card I made in November 2014. Remember when buttons were all the rage? Oh, my.

Now, off to find a more recent example to compare.

Great card! Still have tons of buttons, ha! 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

aheatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:35 am

HA! Absolutely! 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

StacyLeeD wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:53 am
This is so sweet of you!  I have to admit, I've already redone many of my first layouts because the pictures are so special to me and I couldn't look at the fading cardstock I bought at Walmart in 2001 and the deco edge scissor work anymore LOL  But I'll look back and see what I can come up with  :greenlol:

Just an early one works! Those deco scissors really did a number on my early layouts!
Kim Breaux
ImageImage

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:39 am
Aww...how nice of you!  

This isn't my first layout, but it is the first one posted in my gallery here (in 2003!)  Actually, there were 2 others a couple days before that, but for some reason their images won't load. lol  That was a LONG time ago! :)  As you can see, I started with the Creative Memories style.

This layout is the most recent one I loaded here that I designed...didn't use a sketch or scraplift.  I don't think it completely shows my style, because I'm still trying to figure out my PSE program for digi scrapping. lol

Here is the most recent digi layout with my old software (that I knew how to use!):

This is the most recent paper layout I did:

One thing that hasn't changed about my style from the beginning is that it is all about showcasing the photos for me.  Since I do digi, I don't mind doing single photo layouts, but I never scrap paper layouts with less than 2 photos on the page, and usually there are 4 or more.  lol
Love all the multi photo layouts. I have so many pictures I find it very hard to just pick one on a layout! I see a lot of similarities with all of them, love it! 

Kim Breaux
ImageImage

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

trainmom wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:49 am
That is very sweet of you.
I didn't really join this message board until much later, but I did put a couple of layouts in a gallery here in 2006. Here is one of them:
Not only is my style simpler, my kids are much littler and my Dad is still alive. I love the way he is looking at them in this photo. That is also the house I grew up in and I remember that day, my Dad and the boys were so happy. 

I mostly do smaller sizes these days but here is a 12x12 one from NSD this year:
I use a lot more techniques now and a lot less patterned paper. Also, I don't think embellishment clusters were a thing back then, but if they were, I hadn't learned about them yet. 

Love the trip down memory lane….its why we do what we do. I love seeing all the new techniques, I’m slowly trying to get myself to do more of them! 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage

StacyLee

Cherry Garcia

Here's the oldest layout I have saved in my gallery here at ACOT.  It's from 2014 but I've been scrapbooking since 2001 after my son was born.  I think it's still a really good reflection on how my style has definitely changed!  I'd say my style now is much cleaner, and linear, with more white space.  I used to scrap in a more rustic style and many of my layouts were bulky with lots of texture like this one.  

And here is my most recent layout.  This is so interesting looking at how my style and preferences have changed in 10 years!
Stacy

ImageImageImage

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Here's one I made 24 years ago and my most recent LO.  I must say that not only has my style evolved so has craft supplies...the papers, embellishments, tools.  Still a passion and favorite pastime.

Breaking Point

ImageChurro
    ImageImage

Tammey

Cherry Cola

The first layout I posted here at ACOT...

The last layout I posted here at ACOT that was not a lift

Image Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Okay...so I dug deep thru my albums of 8 1/2 x 11, as that is what I started with and pulled out my "FRIENDS" album which I knew was my first one. I was so afraid to mess up family photos when I first started so I thought I'd "practice" with my photos of my friends. LOL.

I started scrapping in May 2009 and didn't start posting to the gallery until August 2010.

So...here it is...my First Ever Scrapbook Page 😂 😂  Freshman year in High School. 1994.
As you can see...nothing matches. Nothing really goes together. The journaling block is in a very odd, weird shape. THe photos and stickers threw up on the paper and landed wherever. The paper is super thin and in a weird pattern. Light green with random circles? This would be the definition of total chaos. 😂 😂

Fast forward 15 years. I tend to start off with a solid cardstock background and then add pattern paper. I make sure things GO TOGETHER. I do perfer collections where you know the papers match the embellies and vice versa. I also LOVE me some white space. And my subject is easy on the eyes too. Who wants to give Miss Penny Lane kisses?! :greeninlove:

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

StacyLeeD wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:53 am
Here's the oldest layout I have saved in my gallery here at ACOT.  It's from 2014 but I've been scrapbooking since 2001 after my son was born.  I think it's still a really good reflection on how my style has definitely changed!  I'd say my style now is much cleaner, and linear, with more white space.  I used to scrap in a more rustic style and many of my layouts were bulky with lots of texture like this one.  

And here is my most recent layout.  This is so interesting looking at how my style and preferences have changed in 10 years!

That first layout is gorgeous though! Love the beautiful papers and textures.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

VickiR wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:02 am
Here's one I made 24 years ago and my most recent LO.  I must say that not only has my style evolved so has craft supplies...the papers, embellishments, tools.  Still a passion and favorite pastime.

Breaking PointImageImageChurroImage

Love the change from first layout to most recent. Gotta love all the pink though in the first one!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee