Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Re: Scrap a Day, June 4th
Mommyof5 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:12 am
I love Panera!  Enjoy the time with your Mom! 

When my hubby and I go visit his Grandmother in Tucson, there is a place that she orders lunch from EVERY day, and it never gets old.  It is called Bison Witches--similar to Panera. They have a broccoli and cheese soup in a bread bowl that is to die for!!   ---I wish there was one in Houston, but I will take Panera! 

I love their broccoli and cheese soup! I get that all that time!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:18 pm
Just in from my torture treatment- PT. Now having some Shreddies to eat and icing my knee. Hurts like heck!!

Another day of me and the couch. I like my couch, but not having to live on it day and night.

Super windy today, gusts up to 60mph and higher closer to the mountains. Hope not too much damage from it.
You're getting there Leslee! Just keep up the good work!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:57 pm
Hey Cherries 😊
It's been a little bit busy of a day but I'm gonna slow down and relax for a while now 😂 I've got the AC on and I'm gonna watch some Grey's soon.
I've been working on some projects, starting small, and getting my thoughts in order I guess.
I was turned down for my disability and need to call my lawyer and talk to her. I'm hesitant to reapply because I'm officially broke! 🤷‍♀️ I mean, I'm blessed with amazing support but I've always supported myself and others, too.
On the plus side, a friend stopped by this and wants a painting when it's finished! 😊😊😊😊😊😊 I KNOW that no matter what, I HAVE to keep doing art! So, today I'm gonna allow myself some playtime, and some time to rest.
Stay blessed, Cherries! 🍒 ♥️😊

I am so sorry Holly. ((Hugs))

ImageImage Image Image  

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:34 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:47 am
aheatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:39 am
Barb....I'm always fascinated by people that said they had to turn the air on - in JUNE!!!  Air is a year round thing here for sure.

Ditto! 😂 😂
It's been brutal here since May. 🔥 🔥  Our overnight lows have been between 80 and 85, and we have been having heat indexes between 95 and 100 by 5:30 am. OMG.....Luckily...we only "warm up" to 93 during the day, but factor in humidty, our heat index has been 107 to 115. I don't EVEN want to know what the rest of summer looks like.   

Ugh! Humidity is the worst. I am not looking forward to LI humidity. Most of the time June is a great month and the bad humidity doesn't hit until near the end of the month as we enter July. July and August are usually our steamy months. Not looking forward to that at all. I'd rather it be 85 with no humidity than 72 with humidity.

Yes it is! especially when its 80% and higher. And it ain't even because it's raining! 😂 😂

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:22 am
Hey Cherries. Had to turn on the a/c yesterday. It was warm. Worked out because we also had an air quality alert. So the house was very comfy. Today I have to run over to my mom’s for a few hours. Her printer died and I ordered her a new one and will bring it over today and set it up for her. We’ll have Panera for lunch first.

Hope you all have a great day.

We finally turned on the AC this afternoon. Our utility prices have spiked, and I hated to do it but I told DH to do it while I was playing Mahjong.

That's so nice you got your mom a new printer. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:37 am
Good morning Barb! Enjoy the day with your mom. BTW...LOVE your new signature! :greeninlove: :greeninlove:

A crazy busy day yesterday, all day. Work had me everywhere's (thank goodness I work from home 😜 ). The garage door guy showed up to take extra measurements and visualize the garage door opening as this is all being built and not replaced. The contractors arrived at 4:15 and the engineers were supposed to be there too to do inspection but they didn't get here until 4:45. We passed that, so now we need to get the electrical inspection.

Just working today...

Have a great day cherries.

Yay that you passed!!! 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

aheatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:39 am
Barb....I'm always fascinated by people that said they had to turn the air on - in JUNE!!!  Air is a year round thing here for sure. 

We are almost at the end...2 more days after today and I could not be more ready!!  Have wanted to scrap but am going home so tired. I started a series on Netflix - Your Honor with Bryan Cranston...soooooo good so I just go home and chill. Will start scrapping again next week. 

Wishing everyone a fantastic day  😊

I'll need to check out that series. We're running out of stuff to watch and we both love Bryan Cranston. 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Mommyof5 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:12 am
I love Panera!  Enjoy the time with your Mom! 

When my hubby and I go visit his Grandmother in Tucson, there is a place that she orders lunch from EVERY day, and it never gets old.  It is called Bison Witches--similar to Panera. They have a broccoli and cheese soup in a bread bowl that is to die for!!   ---I wish there was one in Houston, but I will take Panera! 

I love Panera also. But we have a new restaurant we like that only serves breakfast and lunch called First Watch. I'm not sure if it's a national chain. 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

MTCanuk wrote:
Just in from my torture treatment- PT. Now having some Shreddies to eat and icing my knee. Hurts like heck!!

Another day of me and the couch. I like my couch, but not having to live on it day and night.

Super windy today, gusts up to 60mph and higher closer to the mountains. Hope not too much damage from it.

Okay, I need to know. What are Shreddies? 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Hey Cherries 😊
It's been a little bit busy of a day but I'm gonna slow down and relax for a while now 😂 I've got the AC on and I'm gonna watch some Grey's soon.
I've been working on some projects, starting small, and getting my thoughts in order I guess.
I was turned down for my disability and need to call my lawyer and talk to her. I'm hesitant to reapply because I'm officially broke! 🤷‍♀️ I mean, I'm blessed with amazing support but I've always supported myself and others, too.
On the plus side, a friend stopped by this and wants a painting when it's finished! 😊😊😊😊😊😊 I KNOW that no matter what, I HAVE to keep doing art! So, today I'm gonna allow myself some playtime, and some time to rest.

Holly, I am so sorry your disability was turned down. That makes me so sad. Good luck whatever happens next. 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Charleneanne wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:26 pm
Ugh. Not even officially summer for 16 days yet. 81 at 10am already. Oh well lol. I’ll just deal with it. Not going to wish summer over already. At my age ya need to savor each day and not wish your life away! lol

My friend that lives about 35 minutes away and hates to drive has figured out how she’s going to fill her time in the summer heat. lol. She wants me to put her on video chat when I’m making cards. She likes to watch me and see how I figure out stuff!!! We’ll see how that goes.

Everybody stay cool and the catch phrase on our tv news these days is hydrate hydrate hydrate! lol. Scrap on

What a great idea to video chat while you and your friends make cards!! 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

I played Mahjong earlier than usual today since one of the ladies had PT at 2:30. I won one game and came close to two more games. No scrapping for me today but tomorrow DH is having lunch with some former co-workers. The only thing that bothers me is that they are meeting in New Jersey. I'll try to scrap while he's gone but I will be a nervous wreck! 
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:21 pm
I played Mahjong earlier than usual today since one of the ladies had PT at 2:30. I won one game and came close to two more games. No scrapping for me today but tomorrow DH is having lunch with some former co-workers. The only thing that bothers me is that they are meeting in New Jersey. I'll try to scrap while he's gone but I will be a nervous wreck! 

((HUGS)) Chris!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:11 pm
MTCanuk wrote:

Only in Canada, you say!! A fav cereal from Canada, little squares made from wheat. Very tasty.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:27 pm
emmapaige wrote:
MTCanuk wrote:

Only in Canada, you say!! A fav cereal from Canada, little squares made from wheat. Very tasty. 
Are they like shredded wheat in the USA?

** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:39 pm
MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:27 pm
emmapaige wrote:

Are they like shredded wheat in the USA?

Not really. More like wheat Chex, I would think.

https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/341999
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:14 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Hey Cherries 😊

Holly, I am so sorry your disability was turned down. That makes me so sad. Good luck whatever happens next. 

Thank you Chris! ☺️ It's a hard position to be in, but I know I'm not alone, that there's others who get turned down. There's a specific test required now, and it's costly! 🤷‍♀️ I just have a lot to think about.

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:38 pm
JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Hey Cherries 😊

I am so sorry Holly. ((Hugs))

Thank you, Barb! Hugs!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee