Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

team challenge anyone? UPDATE
long ago in a galaxy far, far away, i started a team challenge on another site.  it was tons of fun and really kick-started participation in their challenge board.  obviously the challenge board here is already hopping, but i thought it might be fun to bring in an element of friendly competition.

each month you would sign up saying you want to participate, then everyone will be split into 2 (possibly more) teams, each with a captain.  then you start creating and start racking up points!  the points system is very simple and each person is responsible for keeping track of their own points.  at the end of each month, the points are all added up and a team will be declared the winner.  

would anyone be interested?

***********************UPDATE***************************************
 Since there has been lots of positive responses, I’m going to go ahead with this challenge and I hope there will be lots of DCs playing along! 

More info:
Each month there will be a sign-up thread, usually 2 weeks before the beginning of the following month.  At the end of the month, the names will be split into 2 teams, each with a team captain.*  we will start with 2 teams; if the number of players gets too big for just 2, we’ll go to three and have 3 captains.

Once the teams are announced, you start earning points for your team by doing the regular monthly challenges HERE ON ACOT ONLY!  I know many of us, myself included, do lots of challenges on social media or other sites, but unless those challenges also overlap with challenges on our boards, you can’t earn points for them. 

Each month there will be a stash list of 10 items you can add to EACH project you make, thereby upping the points potential.  Sometimes the list may also have things you can do, such as leave gallery comments or make a card, etc.

Calculating points:  everything is worth one point.  Easy peasy. You are responsible for counting up your own points!! At the end of the month you’ll PM your team captain and give them your total.

You will receive one point each for:
  • Doing any ACOT challenge
  • Posting your work to the gallery
  • 1 point for each stash item on the list that you include on your page
For example, using this page I made for the Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego challenge:

Let’s say the list contained the following: 
  • enamel dots
  • black background
  • wood veneer
  • stitching of any kind
  • doilies
  • splatters
This page would earn me 5 points.  1-doing a challenge, 1-posting to the gallery, 1-black background, 1-stitching, 1-splatters.   I hope that makes sense and that everyone is excited to play along! 

Please ask if you have any questions!!

We will have a team challenge thread each month, where you can post your work and maybe do some trash talking :D

*Team captains will be responsible for retrieving points from each of your team members at the end of the month, counting up all the points, staying in touch with your team either by PM or a thread or whatever method works for you.  Starting out, I will be a team captain so the other captain will have to get with me regarding point totals, so we can announce a winner.   Once we get all the kinks ironed out, anyone who wants to be a captain should let me know and we can make sure everyone gets a turn.
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  ImageImage

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Re: team challenge anyone?
that sounds like fun, I just have to cleaqn my scrap room - the dog and cat have finally been evicted.
they make messes every day, and both are chewing on my papers, etc.  I am hoping to get a major portion of the cleaning done by next weekend, but the heat is killing me!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Sounds to me like it would be fun.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Breauxlabs

Sweet Cherry Pie

Sounds fun!
Kim Breaux
ImageImage

wazzu94

Sweet Cherry Pie

I would totally give this a go!! Sounds fun!!
Suzann
 ImageImage Image           

SandyK1967

Cherry Bing

Sounds fun! I may not be able to play this month, I'm gonna be very busy. Going on an Alaskan cruise leaving on the 16th and I have to try to make a quilt in the next 2 weeks for my daughter to raffle off at a Fundraiser for Cancer event during the time I'm off. Plus pack and work lol. But I'll try to follow what's going on and how this will work!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋

stinkerbelle

Cherry Bomb

SandyK1967 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:20 pm
Sounds fun! I may not be able to play this month, I'm gonna be very busy. Going on an Alaskan cruise leaving on the 16th and I have to try to make a quilt in the next 2 weeks for my daughter to raffle off at a Fundraiser for Cancer event during the time I'm off. Plus pack and work lol. But I'll try to follow what's going on and how this will work!

wow, that's a lot on your plate!  good luck!

i wouldn't start the challenge until next month; just putting out feelers now, so you won't be missing anything :)
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image  ImageImage

johnniesgirl12

Cherry Blossom

Sounds interesting!  Count me in - let's do this!

SandyK1967

Cherry Bing

stinkerbelle wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:46 pm
SandyK1967 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:20 pm

wow, that's a lot on your plate!  good luck!

i wouldn't start the challenge until next month; just putting out feelers now, so you won't be missing anything :)

Oh ok, great! I'll keep an eye on it thanks Stacy!
👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋

CraftingMyStories

Cherry Blossom

I'm interested! Sounds like a great motivator.
Cheers, Lydia

September goals - 5 projects; 
10/100 papers

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

I am in, as much as this time of year allows.   😁

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

beachlover wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:04 pm
that sounds like fun, I just have to cleaqn my scrap room - the dog and cat have finally been evicted.
they make messes every day, and both are chewing on my papers, etc.  I am hoping to get a major portion of the cleaning done by next weekend, but the heat is killing me!
Awwww!

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'm interested in seeing how this goes! I'm too busy to play along right now, but I love the idea! ☺️

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I’d be interested, as soon as my leg will let me get back in my little crafty corner of the world. I am hoping sooner, rather than later.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

MaganL

Cherry Picker

I would be interested in trying

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

This sounds like fun! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Sounds interesting, looking forward to hearing the details  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Birgit55~Chickadee

Cherry Berry

I'm intrigued.  Would love to know more details as well.  

Flasher

Cherry Crush

This sounds very interesting!  I'll give it a go!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

I would be interested!
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee