GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, May 8th
blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:16 pm
GinniG wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:12 pm
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It has been quite the morning! I woke up and had to quickly get things ready because we had at least 2 goslings hatch yesterday afternoon!!! I had a container for feed but not something low enough for water. So I took an old bowl that’s not tall and then went up to the coop. Yoda is a hard wired gander brain and he is a LOT more aggressive now. That’s what he’s supposed to do too. Well my stick was not very thick or strong and he got my pinky knuckle. Man they have strong mouths!!! And sharp tiny teeth! He did draw blood but it’s mostly just a scratch. So when I went back a little while ago to check their water and feed I had a 2” thick long wooden stick! It was strong enough that I was able to push him back with it and quickly pour the water in the bowl. Lol! And I finally got to see the babies!!! I saw 2 this morning. Well we have at least 6 and maybe even 8 or 9! The parents were doing a lot of hissing and wing flapping. Mama got them all together I’m a group and then I saw a couple more on the other side! I tried to get a video and pictures but between the adults being crazy and trying to do it through the wire mesh they didn’t come out. :( I’ll get some when we can safely let them out.

The other thing that happened is Steve’s coming home tonight!!! He was originally told he had to stay another night but they came back and said he doesn’t have a blood infection so he’s getting out in time to catch the ferry!!!! We’re all very happy about that! :).

In addition to the chickens and geese duties I’ve done the dishes and vacuumed. Vacuuming is very hard for me as it hurts my back so Steve usually does it. But he has to take things easy for awhile so I did it anyway. I’m glad I did. :)

It’s just after noon here so I need to decide if I need a nap or if I have the energy to scrap. He won’t be here until about 6:30 so I kind of have time for both. Lol!

Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers!!!

OUCH! Sorry Yoda bit you!

Glad Steve is coming home tonight!  That's awesome! Hope he starts feeling better.

Thanks Brandy! Yoda has gotten me before and it was a LOT worse! One of them took a month for the bruises to go away! I’m much better at protecting myself! Lol!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

VickiR wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:54 am
I was up at 5 this morning…we had some light rain and now we have sunshine! I’m at our favorite coffee house waiting for Katie. Then some errands and home to scrap.

How fun that you get to hang out with Katie! I just love watching her videos!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:38 am
Hey Cherries 😊 I've been up for a few hours now but I guess the storm woke me up lol I've had breakfast and coffee and meds but I feel a nap coming on haha! I've already played a couple games lol!
I've been crafting up a storm and expect to do more of that today! 😊

Sounds like you had a busy morning! Have fun crafting!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:47 am
Good morning cherries! Well, we all survived Day One of Project. Yesterday was probably one of the busier days as we also had the electrician doing his thing. He was in/out, and had to remove the lights we had in and around the carport as well as moving the ac adapter several inches. The girls did pretty well, all things considering. Their new puzzle toys kept them busy, which allowed me to work. DH is coming home in the middle of the day to see how things are going and if I need anything or what have you.

Today is just the contractors. They will be pouring concrete in a corner where its lower than the rest of the "floor" and start framing.

I wouldn't want to be out there though. Ugh....we received our first Heat Advisory Alert last night for today. Excessive heat index 110 plus. YUCK. On top of the haze from the Mexican/Central American agricultural fires. They do these every year, at this time, but we don't always get the smoke. But this year, we are, so I'm not going on my walks until it all goes away. It might be an irritant and not an allergen, but it still messes up with my sinuses, which in turn mixed with the heat gives me a headache. And of course, if I'm not careful, turns intoa  migraine....which it did yesterday evening. But I'm all better now. Last night's migraine was probably due to ALOT of other factors.

Work wasn't too bad yesterday, thank goodness. Today, we shall see. I do have a virtual work-related conference today from 10am to 6pm. Luckily what pertains to me starts at 11:30am and wraps up at 4:30pm. I'll have my laptop opened to the sessions while I work from my desktop computer.

Already washed bedsheets and put them back on. While I drank my coffee, I worked on my layout I started yesterday for Laura's Recipe Challenge. It's about 75% done. Maybe I can finish it later, who knows. If not, definetly tomorrow morning!

TTYL cherries!

Lots happening there but I bet you’re really excited that they’re actually working now! I have to ask what are puzzle toys for dogs?! Sounds like somebody had a clever idea and is making money off of it!

Hope you can finish your layout!!!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Sue2024 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:51 am
I was up real early.  3:45 am.  Husband had heard sirens to our West last night; guess that mess passed us by/went around.  Of all things, the first Tuesday of every month is siren testing.  It is sunny right now, but more storms may show up.

Might go make another cup of coffee soon, but our beagle is wedged next to me at present.

That’s really early Sue!!! Glad the storms went away from you! I’d love to have a beagle! :)

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Charleneanne wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:27 pm
Morning. Blue skies and a little breezy. Cool and pleasant but the heat is on its way. lol first 90 degree days this year expected Friday/Saturday. Ick

Yesterday was a bust for me. Did not run errands. Tidied a little but did no real cleaning. Did Not go outside any further than the mailbox. Did not take a walk not even inside the house. Had all kinds of stuff ready to do more challenges but only got one done. Not sure where my get up and go went but it sure wasn’t here. lol. Hope today is more productive!

Have a decent Wednesday

Sometimes we need a day or two like yours was yesterday. Hopefully today is better!

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

aheatfan wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:10 am
Good morning Cherries, just stopping by quickly.  I am off today, taking YDS for a couple medical tests this afternoon. If you are the praying kind, please add him to your prayer list today. This mama is a nervous wreck.  Hopefully will be scrapping tonight after all goes well.  🙏

Praying your DYS has good results from the testing! And for peace for you as well. {{{HUGS}}} 🙏💝🙏💝🙏💝

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

emmapaige wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:13 am
Bad day yesterday but compared to others, I really shouldn’t complain. On a great note, or DGD Paige FaceTimed  us to show us her graduation gown and the different tassels she will wear. She is graduating with honors from Ole Miss on Saturday. They will be streaming a few different ceremonies so we will be watching from the comfort of our home.

We were supposed to have hair appointments this afternoon but she texted me late yesterday to see if we could go Saturday morning since her dad had passed that morning and she had to work on arrangements. I tried to convince her we could wait a few weeks but she wanted us to come Saturday. We’ve become very fond of her and maybe she needs the distraction.

I started on a layout yesterday but I was having problems printing but finally got two pictures printed.

Congratulations to Paige!!! Too bad about her dad passing. :( Hope you have fun scrapping !!!

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

My layout for Brandy's Layer Up challenge. We lost power for a while today so didn't get as far as I would have liked. Hope to get another one started.

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

It has been quite the morning! I woke up and had to quickly get things ready because we had at least 2 goslings hatch yesterday afternoon!!! I had a container for feed but not something low enough for water. So I took an old bowl that’s not tall and then went up to the coop. Yoda is a hard wired gander brain and he is a LOT more aggressive now. That’s what he’s supposed to do too. Well my stick was not very thick or strong and he got my pinky knuckle. Man they have strong mouths!!! And sharp tiny teeth! He did draw blood but it’s mostly just a scratch. So when I went back a little while ago to check their water and feed I had a 2” thick long wooden stick! It was strong enough that I was able to push him back with it and quickly pour the water in the bowl. Lol! And I finally got to see the babies!!! I saw 2 this morning. Well we have at least 6 and maybe even 8 or 9! The parents were doing a lot of hissing and wing flapping. Mama got them all together I’m a group and then I saw a couple more on the other side! I tried to get a video and pictures but between the adults being crazy and trying to do it through the wire mesh they didn’t come out. :( I’ll get some when we can safely let them out.

The other thing that happened is Steve’s coming home tonight!!! He was originally told he had to stay another night but they came back and said he doesn’t have a blood infection so he’s getting out in time to catch the ferry!!!! We’re all very happy about that! :).

In addition to the chickens and geese duties I’ve done the dishes and vacuumed. Vacuuming is very hard for me as it hurts my back so Steve usually does it. But he has to take things easy for awhile so I did it anyway. I’m glad I did. :)

It’s just after noon here so I need to decide if I need a nap or if I have the energy to scrap. He won’t be here until about 6:30 so I kind of have time for both. Lol!

So glad that Steve is doing better and he is able to come home! I am sure you are so relieved!

ImageImage Image Image  

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

emmapaige wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:13 am
Bad day yesterday but compared to others, I really shouldn’t complain. On a great note, or DGD Paige FaceTimed  us to show us her graduation gown and the different tassels she will wear. She is graduating with honors from Ole Miss on Saturday. They will be streaming a few different ceremonies so we will be watching from the comfort of our home.

We were supposed to have hair appointments this afternoon but she texted me late yesterday to see if we could go Saturday morning since her dad had passed that morning and she had to work on arrangements. I tried to convince her we could wait a few weeks but she wanted us to come Saturday. We’ve become very fond of her and maybe she needs the distraction.

I started on a layout yesterday but I was having problems printing but finally got two pictures printed.
Congratulations and so glad you will be able to watch.

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

Congrats on your hatchlings and glad your husband is doing better. 

🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

GinniG wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:27 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:47 am
Good morning cherries! Well, we all survived Day One of Project. Yesterday was probably one of the busier days as we also had the electrician doing his thing. He was in/out, and had to remove the lights we had in and around the carport as well as moving the ac adapter several inches. The girls did pretty well, all things considering. Their new puzzle toys kept them busy, which allowed me to work. DH is coming home in the middle of the day to see how things are going and if I need anything or what have you.

Today is just the contractors. They will be pouring concrete in a corner where its lower than the rest of the "floor" and start framing.

I wouldn't want to be out there though. Ugh....we received our first Heat Advisory Alert last night for today. Excessive heat index 110 plus. YUCK. On top of the haze from the Mexican/Central American agricultural fires. They do these every year, at this time, but we don't always get the smoke. But this year, we are, so I'm not going on my walks until it all goes away. It might be an irritant and not an allergen, but it still messes up with my sinuses, which in turn mixed with the heat gives me a headache. And of course, if I'm not careful, turns intoa  migraine....which it did yesterday evening. But I'm all better now. Last night's migraine was probably due to ALOT of other factors.

Work wasn't too bad yesterday, thank goodness. Today, we shall see. I do have a virtual work-related conference today from 10am to 6pm. Luckily what pertains to me starts at 11:30am and wraps up at 4:30pm. I'll have my laptop opened to the sessions while I work from my desktop computer.

Already washed bedsheets and put them back on. While I drank my coffee, I worked on my layout I started yesterday for Laura's Recipe Challenge. It's about 75% done. Maybe I can finish it later, who knows. If not, definetly tomorrow morning!

TTYL cherries!

Lots happening there but I bet you’re really excited that they’re actually working now! I have to ask what are puzzle toys for dogs?! Sounds like somebody had a clever idea and is making money off of it!

Hope you can finish your layout!!!  

Puzzle toys are more interactive. Plus there's usually food/treats involved. I had bought a cute little giraffe toy for the girls. It has little pockets that you put either dry kibble or training treats in:

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostor ... ge-3869879

I also bought them a snuffle toy (a duck). This too has little pockets, and also fabric that is bunched up with "little pockets". Makes the dog "snuff" out the treat. I bought it from Petco too but I'm not finding it.

They have a couple of other puzzle toys that are similar to this one:

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostor ... ge-3128211

Gotta keep them busy some how!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

pawprints wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:43 pm
My layout for Brandy's Layer Up challenge. We lost power for a while today so didn't get as far as I would have liked. Hope to get another one started.

Gorgeous layout Barb! Totally digging all the layers. Colors are beautiful

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

pawprints wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:03 am
Hey Cherries. In the mist of a thunder storm right now. Some really loud thunder and big flashes of lightning. Luckily the girls went out to potty and came in just as it started and the heavy downpour came. We are back up in my room right now and they went back to sleep. I have a layout on my table that is basically done that I did yesterday am I’m going to start on another one today. My cleaning ladies come later this afternoon so I have some picking up to do first and I won’t be able to work in my room while they are here. But other than that I’m good to go.

Have a great day Cherries.
If that storm is from the one that swept past us last night, it was a doozy as far as thunder and lightning. Eliza did NOT approve, but at least it was over by 11 pm so we could go to bed!

Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

trainmom wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:26 am
It's raining here today too, although I haven't heard any thunder. 

After the discussion of my roof the other day, I decided we should eat our takeout food up their last night. We got a beautiful sunset over center city:

and, in the other direction (Chris -  this image is for you) the small horizontal line is Citizen's Bank Park. And we were eating from the Venezuelan takeout place around the corner that a lot of the players eat at and occasionally they cater at the park, and they have become good friends with some of the players, especially Rojas. We pick up food from there all the the time and have never seen a Philly player there. 

On another topic,  47 people did step 3. Wow. I haven't counted steps 1 and 2 yet. And 44 people are eligible for sprinkles but that will be happening later.  You ladies are amazing.

The other exciting activity for my day will be laundry.

Have a great one!

Beautiful view!  Plus, I love your Progressive Challenge…so many options, but yet it tells me where to go.  So far, I am loving my layout!

Laura

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:40 am
Well, we do have snow outside this morning and it is 37* out. And the wind is blowing like crazy! I am so done with all this!  On another crazy note- suppose to be into the 70’s this  weekend.  Maybe planting will happen this weekend!  We shall see.  D D and I are off to a nursery on Sat. For their potted plant class.  Good to have some mother-daughter time before Mother’s Day!  

It’s cleaning day for me!  Vacuum, bathrooms, change the bed.  Then maybe creating time!
My room seems to be in more of a mess after yesterday, then it was all weekend!

Wow!  It is 84 degrees here, today!  Crazy weather, for sure!

Laura

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

GinniG wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:20 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:16 pm
GinniG wrote:
Hi Cherries!!! 🍒🍒🍒

OUCH! Sorry Yoda bit you!

Glad Steve is coming home tonight!  That's awesome! Hope he starts feeling better. 

Thanks Brandy! Yoda has gotten me before and it was a LOT worse! One of them took a month for the bruises to go away! I’m much better at protecting myself! Lol! 

Our coffee turned into a 2 hour plus chat session.  LOL!
    ImageImage

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

VickiR wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:54 am
I was up at 5 this morning…we had some light rain and now we have sunshine! I’m at our favorite coffee house waiting for Katie. Then some errands and home to scrap.

I am jealous of you all who can scrap during the week!  I barely got Louise’s Progressive Challenge step 3 done last night and it was digi!  I hope to get up to my studio (it’s above our garage) this weekend, though! So glad we have extra time!
Laura

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Well, it is mid-week, the last full week of school before my seniors leave next Wednesday.  They are driving me crazy (and so are the sophomores who have unwarranted senioritis! lol). I am sitting out on my deck, trying to get some work done. But distracted by this site, of course! ;)  It is 84 degrees today and feels like summer!
Laura

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee