Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Jan G.

Cherry Picker

Anyone floundering?!!
I want to get back and finish the challenges but work and daily activities are crazy. I know the deadlines have passed but I love the unexpected looks that come from being put in the spot. Lol. I want to get involved in the Cherry Boards too. Thank you everyone owners and hides for a fun NSD!
Jan G.

SandyJay

Cherry Garcia

Re: Anyone floundering?!!
Yes, Jan I am floundering!  There is a challenge for a “rewind” if you look for it under Contests and Challenges I believe?  I had a lot going on at home and wasn’t able to do but a couple things.  I just like the challenges and want to do them too.  

GinniG

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I have to make shift Interactive album next but I would love to do more of the challenges too!

lmcgill

Cherry Bing

Yes! There is never enough time.

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Yep! I am with you too! So many challenges and they are all fantastic! I hope to work on some before the end of May deadline for rewind is up. Work and life will play a big part on what i am able to get done. This week/weekend I won’t really have the time .
Susan

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

Yes!  I want to finish a couple I have started and maybe do a few more.  Also, the posted May challenges. 
    ImageImage

Nana01

Sweet Cherry Pie

Yes but I am determined to still do the challenges I bookmarked even though I ran out of time. Sometimes I get in a rut and the challenges, even if the deadline has passed, have helped me.
Just call me Nan - it's short and sweet  

ImageImage

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

I can relate! After so long of reading thru the challenges and thinking about layouts, it’s hard to switch gears back to anything else! We go on vacation in 2.5 weeks too, I need to work ahead on some of my design team layouts now!
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image

MTCanuk

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I’m not floundering. But, I am disappointed I missed out on all the fun and will be looking to do some of these fabulous challenges!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

I agree but I’m ready to start working on the regular monthly May challenges. I haven’t done any yet.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

emmapaige wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:47 am
I agree but I’m ready to start working on the regular monthly May challenges. I haven’t done any yet.
Me too Chris. I hope I get a chance to scrap this weekend! 

- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a number of the NSD challenge projects started or bookmarked, but ran out of time. I found the May Rewind last night and it is definitely an incentive to get any challenges you didn't get to, completed (one entry for each of the NSD challenges you didn't submit to is I think the rule). Wish work didn't get in the way of my crafting.....but, then again, I need to work to afford crafting!
Image  ImageImageImage

CraftyDoer

Sweet Cherry Pie

I learned that the NSD rush and challenges also motivated me to create faster too lol I have a few that I would still like to tackle but I may just file them for when I need inspo though. I too am ready to focus on the monthly challenges and get back into a more mellow groove.
Doing all the crafty things.

Image ImageImageImage

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

☺️ Oh yes!!
I sometimes feel like my pages are starting to look the same, or I need a prompt for inspiration for something creative- the challenges DEFINITELY have helped me branch out! (I LOVE that there's a whole archive of past challenges to get inspiration from, too!!!)
Between work and life, I didn't have enough NSD time, either! LOL!!! I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna do the rewind, but I'm SURE I'm gonna do at LEAST one more of the May Challenges!!

blfonty

Cherry Cola

I really pushed to get NSD Challenges done and play some of the fun games. So far I've only gotten points and none of the fabulous prizes. Oh well! I did complete 10 layouts including a couple double page ones. That's really fast for me. I'm ready to slow it down again and spend some time with my family this weekend. Maybe work on some of the May Challenges before the end of the month. 

I was really impressed with the layout challenges for NSD this year. Not real complicated. Very doable. Thank you ACOT and all the NSD hosts!
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

emmapaige wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:47 am
Me too!!!!

“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Lisn2cats wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 9:10 am
Wish work didn't get in the way of my crafting.....but, then again, I need to work to afford crafting!

My life to a T
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Yes, I think we all have times when we flounder. I had a layout done for NSD that I didn't post due to veterinary issues. And I said it's ok! I'm going just try and start again.
I used to be on the boards all the time when I was at work I had a job I could do that. Then I retired and thought Yay! I can be on more. Yay, no. Now I have too much to do since my sister and I combined homes. I even tried "well in the winter I can do more", did ya hear of holidays, snow removal, etc, or on sometimes in the summer? (In ground pool, four bedroom house, grilling)

So yes.Floundering. But we're all here to encourage each other!

PS Also gals, when you do retire, you are old. You forget that little nugget too.

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Not floundering per se but still have a few NSD challenges I wanted to do when I ran out of time (and energy). Even retired I didn't get it all done - there is always something to do. I did get over 10 challenges done - no big prizes but have gotten points. I am hoping to get a couple of NSD rewinds done and some May challenges.
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

Jan G.

Cherry Picker

sherelm wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:56 pm
Yes, I think we all have times when we flounder. I had a layout done for NSD that I didn't post due to veterinary issues. And I said it's ok! I'm going just try and start again.
I used to be on the boards all the time when I was at work I had a job I could do that. Then I retired and thought Yay! I can be on more. Yay, no. Now I have too much to do since my sister and I combined homes. I even tried "well in the winter I can do more", did ya hear of holidays, snow removal, etc, or on sometimes in the summer? (In ground pool, four bedroom house, grilling)

So yes.Floundering. But we're all here to encourage each other!

PS Also gals, when you do retire, you are old. You forget that little nugget too.

This made me chuckle!
Jan G.

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2023”

Information