Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Re: Natalie’s DIY Background Challenge
Fun challenge! When I use stencils, I usually go for one and one color of ink, so it is sort of out of my comfort zone as I used 2 different stencils and 2 different inks.

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Karyn_Sue

Cherry Bomb

Here is mine.  I created a "Bikini Bottom" background for my "SpongeBob" layout.  

I started with some very old, really cheap light blue paper (not cardstock!) and I free hand drew the flower clouds (I NEVER free hand anything - even something so simple - so that was WAY beyond my comfort zone!) Then I traced around them with a thick marker. 

Thanks for pushing me to try something new!  Penn is 11 now and I have put off doing this layout until I "found" the right background - who knew I could create my own!?
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage

Jolly Holly Scraps

Chocolate Covered Cherry

https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/320095

I used two stamp sets in my stash and had a blast!

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

Karyn_Sue wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 12:44 pm
Here is mine.  I created a "Bikini Bottom" background for my "SpongeBob" layout.  

I started with some very old, really cheap light blue paper (not cardstock!) and I free hand drew the flower clouds (I NEVER free hand anything - even something so simple - so that was WAY beyond my comfort zone!) Then I traced around them with a thick marker. 

Thanks for pushing me to try something new!  Penn is 11 now and I have put off doing this layout until I "found" the right background - who knew I could create my own!?

Oh my goodness how fun!
I LOVE that you created the background you needed for this story. Perfection!
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty YouTube

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:54 am
Fun challenge! When I use stencils, I usually go for one and one color of ink, so it is sort of out of my comfort zone as I used 2 different stencils and 2 different inks.

Love that stenciling background. I need to do that more!
What a cute furbaby too!

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:33 pm
https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/320095

I used two stamp sets in my stash and had a blast!

OH WOW! I absolutely LOVE the stamped background! The colors are fab. So fun!

mrozwood

Cherry Bing

I wrote the code.

~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

mrozwood wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 12:40 pm
I wrote the code.

Oh my goodness how cool! that looks like a lot of work!

JAire

Cherry Bomb

I have never painted a scene! All I have ever done is apply watercolor to a piece, very simply. You got me to try making my own background and I had a fun adventure making this scene - totally surprised myself! Thank you for the challenge!

Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

Natalie Dill

Cherry Picker

JAire wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 5:35 pm
I have never painted a scene! All I have ever done is apply watercolor to a piece, very simply. You got me to try making my own background and I had a fun adventure making this scene - totally surprised myself! Thank you for the challenge!

WOW!!!! This is absolutely incredible! How beautiful!

amysolovay

Cherry Blossom

Thanks again for the challenge, Natalie! And thanks to the folks at Echo Park for sponsoring this. This was a great motivator for me to get out my inks and stencils and work on making background papers. I made a stack of them! Can't wait to use them all. Here's the first layout I made with them:

I used the Waves stencil from the Simple Vintage Seas collection by Simple Stories. I LOVE that entire collection, but I haven't used up as much of it as I had hoped, because the colors in it clash with most of my beach and sailing photos. BUT the stencil from that collection was a really good buy for me because I can use paints, inks and whatever other media in just the right colors to create the look I need.

I do have some Echo Park / Carta Bella stencils, too, but my favorite one gets used for making journaling blocks, not so much for making backgrounds. I couldn't fit a journaling block on this page, or I would have used that stencil, too.

TFL!
Want to be InstaFriends? I invite you to follow me on Instagram; I'm @amysolovay. I'd love to follow you, too; please feel free to mention your Insta-ID to me, especially if your account is private, so I can be sure of finding you there.

I also invite you to check out my craft blog at KnittingCrochetCrafts.com if you'd like to see the paper craft and crochet projects I've been making lately. Thanks for your interest!

KristyLee

Cherry Tart

ImageHere is my entry for the DIY background. I used paints and stencils by Dylusions. Thank you for the Challenge. 

CathyG89

Cherry Picker

ImageImageImage

Amy Jo

Cherry Bing

I used ink and bubble packaging to create my background.

ImageImageImage

hsblair

Cherry Bomb

I scraplifted Jana Eubank's layout here in the gallery.
Image Image Image Image

lisn2cats

Sweet Cherry Pie

Here’s my LO!
Image  ImageImageImage

QueenBee89

Cherry Cola

One of my current faves! Stencils, Stamps & Splatters!

~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Thank you Natalie for this challenge - I needed the motivation to get this LO done. Had an idea of using the stencil butters but just couldn't get started. 
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

Cards4Ever

Cherry Picker

I love doing mixed media. 
I  have been wanting to do this layout for a couple of months and this challenge was perfect for it. I used mists and distress inks. I used a mix of stencils, stamps and bubble wrap for the designs. 

https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/320534​​​​​​​
Mandi My Blog

SandyK1967

Cherry Bing

Here's mine: I did a paint splatter on the back page, and the flower is a layered stencil that I used inks on.

👋 ~~Sandy~~ 👋

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2023”

Information