Remembering Mom/Kristin

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 1194

Remembering Mom/Kristin

Post by Rachel Kent »

Today marks 5 years without our mom, Kristin. It has gone by so fast, and yet so slow too. 
If you're new here, our mom started this entire company from just a shoe box of stickers in our basement! You can read all about our story here: https://www.acherryontop.com/articles/help/3069

So in her honor we want to plant some trees today with One Tree Planted. This non-profit organization plants one tree for every dollar donated. You can even choose the area you wish to plant your tree. This is something our mom would have loved to be a part of, being a gardener herself and loving to give back. We would love for you to join us by planting a tree or two, whether to remember Kristin or your own loved ones. https://onetreeplanted.org/

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2389

Re: Remembering Mom/Kristin

Post by Art_Teacher »

Love your photo!  Your Mom was amazing and I'm so thankful she created this awesome place for all of us and that you all are keeping her legacy alive.  Hugs!
Laura
 Image    Image      Image   
VickiR
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1444

Post by VickiR »

Sweet family photo... so thankful for your mom's vision and this website.
    ImageImage
wazzu94
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 405

Post by wazzu94 »

Oh I love the way you are honoring your mom.  I'll check out the sight as it sounds like a  lovely way to remember someone who has passed away.  I lost both my parents 17 years ago (in May) and yes you described it correct it's gone by so fast and yet so slow.  

So grateful your mom created such a wonderful business and that you all are keeping it going!
Sending hugs!
Suzann
 ImageImageImage            
VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 477

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

YOUR MOM WAS A BEAUTIFUL LADY.................... SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS EVEN IF I AM 5 YRS. LATE.............. I FEEL YOUR PAIN AS I JUST LOST MY MOM ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO................. AGAIN, SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.................... THANK YOU FOR THIS WONDERFUL ONLINE GROUP THAT WE CAN SHARE OUR UPS & DOWNS WITH EACH OTHER & OF COURSE OUR CRAFTY TALENT......... SENDING HUGS & GOOD VIBES YOUR WAY............ GOD BLESS................

SINCERELY
VALERIE
DrSonja
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 103

Post by DrSonja »

This is a lovely way to remember your mom. Sending warm hugs your way to comfort the empty spot in your heart.
Image  Image 
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1063

Post by pawprints »

((Hugs)) to all of you. Your mom was an amazing woman and she would be so proud of the awesome way in which you have been keeping her legacy alive. We are all so lucky that she created this amazing place.

Going to go have some trees planted now.

ImageImage Image Image  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1851

Post by aheatfan »

Sending hugs your way. What a beautiful tribute and what an amazing legacy your mom has created. We are all so grateful to her and to all of you.
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 963

Post by suewho372 »

Many many hugs to all you. Your mom is proud of each of you and all the people who have contributed to the continuation of her dream and keeping ACOT a loving growing business. Especially in the past several years with all that has gone on in the scrapping world and the world in general. Your mom was very special. I thank God for this site, the message board and the community we all have here. Thank you to all of you who keep providing this amazing place for us !!
Lots of hugs xxoo
Susan

Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 201

Post by Mycreativerootscrafts »

This is so beautiful. Thinking of your family ❤ hugs!
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1002

Post by blfonty »

Love this! Tree planting is a reward in itself. I will get one for my large patio planter in memory of my mom and your mom. HUGS!!
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 551

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

All of you guys are in my prayers! I know your mom is looking down with so much pride for you all!
GinniG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 501

Post by GinniG »

Your family's story is so amazing and wonderful!  We're all so blessed by what she started and what you all have continued carrying on!  That's a wonderful way to honor her memory too.  I lost my Mom in 2013 and my Dad in 2015.  It's very hard and I think of them every day!  I know that your mom would be so very proud of what you're continuing here at ACOT and we are eternally grateful for this wonderful place!
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 566

Post by SandyJay »

I will be joining you in planting trees.  
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 340

Post by Flasher »

What a wonderful, beautiful photo!  I know your mom is so very proud of how you have continued her legacy and dream!  Hugs to all of you!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 763

Post by Karyn_Sue »

As a nurse, I will just come out and say this - Cancer sucks!

I will join you in planting a tree in her honor. My DH and I were just discussing the other day about whether or not we needed a new tree for a bare spot in our lawn. We had even contacted an arborist to come take a look and give us advice (soil and geographic concerns - proximity to house and driveway, etc). Guess this message from heaven tells us that it's the right thing to do - if not in that spot, elsewhere.

Anniversaries are the hardest. Your mom must be so proud of all of you the way you have carried on her dream. What a legacy you are creating now for YOUR children.
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage
Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 1194

Post by Rachel Kent »

Thank you all so much  💗 💗

Here's 4/5 of us with mom's cherry tree! This is where we buried her ashes, located behind the ACOT building. And it has BLOSSOMED! We were very surprised since the weather has been all over the place this spring. It was actually snowing on Monday lol..

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 340

Post by Flasher »

Beautiful, Rachel!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 762

Post by sherelm »

I remember the day she passed, we were all excited getting posts as hostesses for NSD and then the hostesses got the worst post imaginable. And it was my brother's 60th birthday, so each milestone of her passing is my brother's birthday milestone. I'll certainly plant trees in honor of your mother, she was an amazing woman!
hsblair
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 632

Post by hsblair »

The tree and the area around it is beautiful.  How lovely that you have all carried on her legacy.  You've done a great job.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Announcements”