Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Scrap a Day, July 4th
Happy 4th of July Cherries!

A bit of a cloudy day here today, but the rain has stopped and the humidity is down and temps are back up in the 70’s. We have no plans today but may look to go see some fireworks tonight. We are just going to hang out today and maybe watch some movies later on. We had a movie night last and had borrowed DD’s DVD of Bohemian Rhapsody as we had never seen it. Omg Rami Malik was amazing! I knew he was a great actor from watching Mr. Robot on Cable, and wow he was fantastic in this! Really great movie. It goes without saying we were up extra late again last night. And I had Queen songs playing in my head all night. So we slept in and I’m trying to shake off the lazies right now. Worked on my Graphic Design challenge yesterday and hope to get it up soon.

Hope you all have a really great day!

ImageImage Image Image  

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th
My husband and son ran a 4 mile community race this morning. I went with them and watched. It was fun to be at a big community event after so long, we saw a lot of people we haven’t seen in ages. Zach came in 4th overall and the 2 of them placed 3rd in the father/son category so it was a good outing. I got some good photos to scrap later.

My basil plants are huge right now so we will be having pesto for dinner.

Other than that we are just relaxing at home. I doubt I will scrap.

Happy 4th!!!
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

trainmom wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:51 pm
My husband and son ran a 4 mile community race this morning. I went with them and watched. It was fun to be at a big community event after so long, we saw a lot of people we haven’t seen in ages. Zach came in 4th overall and the 2 of them placed 3rd in the father/son category so it was a good outing. I got some good photos to scrap later.

My basil plants are huge right now so we will be having pesto for dinner.

Other than that we are just relaxing at home. I doubt I will scrap.

Happy 4th!!!
Pesto sounds yummy! And I'm glad y'all got to spend time with others. 

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Happy 4th. I have Bohemian Rhapsody taped but have never watched it, will have to get to that this Summer. Louise, congrats to your son and husband. 

Happily scrapping today, already on page 3 of our vacation album and fitting them into challenges which is always nice. Keeping an eye on the weather as we are in the "storm cone".  Thanking God that our vacation was this past week instead of next week, whew!!  Have a great holiday Cherries  😊
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Happy 4th of July cherries!

Quiet here. Yesterday, I spent the day working and doing laundry. Ran out and got some lunch for Dh and I. We played catch up on our DVR. Today, ran the dishwasher, made breakfast and been in my room. Made a card for a friend of mine who lost her doggie a couple of weeks ago.

I'm going to try to get started on the BF sketch. Around 2, I'll run into town to pick up the girls' 4th of July box from the Texas Doggie Bakery. The lady was running behind and they were ready by 7pm last night. She lives near the island and its a good 40 minute drive WITHOUT traffic for me. Really didn't want to run out there that late. So I asked if I could pick it up today. And she said yes. She makes everything out of her kitchen - she doesn't have a brick/mortar store. Yet. She just graduated from TAMU-CC on the Island and she's battling cancer too. Bless her heart! But she got cleared by her oncologist that she can start baking again. 

Hope everyone has a relaxing day today.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:09 pm

Quiet here. Yesterday, I spent the day working and doing laundry. Ran out and got some lunch for Dh and I. We played catch up on our DVR. Today, ran the dishwasher, made breakfast and been in my room. Made a card for a friend of mine who lost her doggie a couple of weeks ago.

I'm going to try to get started on the BF sketch. Around 2, I'll run into town to pick up the girls' 4th of July box from the Texas Doggie Bakery. The lady was running behind and they were ready by 7pm last night. She lives near the island and its a good 40 minute drive WITHOUT traffic for me. Really didn't want to run out there that late. So I asked if I could pick it up today. And she said yes. She makes everything out of her kitchen - she doesn't have a brick/mortar store. Yet. She just graduated from TAMU-CC on the Island and she's battling cancer too. Bless her heart! But she got cleared by her oncologist that she can start baking again. 

Brandy, you are so sweet to make your friend a card. If I never thanked you for the beautiful card and ornament you sent when we lost Paisley, I just wanted you to know I appreciated it so much!  I know I was in a complete daze last Fall, with school, covid, and losing our precious Paisley, that I forgot to do lots of things. 

Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Barb, we finally watched Bohemian Rhapsody last year and loved it!  Louise, pesto sounds delicious! I only have one basil plant, so I mostly get pre-made pesto, but I do love it fresh. :)  Kristin, I hope you are out of range of the worst of the weather!

Started out cool and gorgeous here today, but is turning hot and more humid.  That will be good for tonight's local fireworks, though. There have been some years we have had to sit out in our hoodies and jeans! lol  We like to go out on our boat and watch them from the lake where we live, and float in the water on some pool noodles if it is warm enough, but it often is too chilly for that.  Trying to wear Eliza out today so she sleeps through the fireworks in her crate with the radio cranked up.  Wish us luck!  
Laura

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

We watched Bohemian Rhapsody last year too and although DH said he didn't want to watch it, he did anyway and liked it.

I had a nice outing yesterday with some fellow co-workers.  Probably a holiday weekend wasn't the best time to have it since quite a few people had previous plans or were out of town.  

Today has been kind of lazy.  I finished a book I was reading and went for a small walk but a neighbor said a bad storm was coming out way.  Well, I've been back in the house for an hour and it still hasn't rained.  Oh well, I'll finish my steps inside just in case.

I did finish this layout and want to start another one.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!!

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

pawprints wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:42 pm
Happy4th of JulyCherries!

A bit of a cloudy day here today, but the rain has stopped and the humidity is down and temps are back up in the 70’s. We have no plans today but may look to go see some fireworks tonight. We are just going to hang out today and maybe watch some movies later on. We had a movie night last and had borrowed DD’s DVD of Bohemian Rhapsody as we had never seen it. Omg Rami Malik was amazing! I knew he was a great actor from watching Mr. Robot on Cable, and wow he was fantastic in this! Really great movie. It goes without saying we were up extra late again last night. And I had Queen songs playing in my head all night. So we slept in and I’m trying to shake off the lazies right now. Worked on my Graphic Design challenge yesterday and hope to get it up soon.

Hope you all have a really great day!
We love this movie too!  He was great as Freddie Mercury.  Definitely deserved an Oscar for that role. 

Relaxing today with perfect weather!  82 degrees, sunshine, a nice breeze and very little humidity.  Filet, baked potato and fresh green beans on the menu today.  All on the grill!

I did get some photos of a LO that I finished last night and hope to get them edited and posted tonight.

ImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:57 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:09 pm

Brandy, you are so sweet to make your friend a card. If I never thanked you for the beautiful card and ornament you sent when we lost Paisley, I just wanted you to know I appreciated it so much!  I know I was in a complete daze last Fall, with school, covid, and losing our precious Paisley, that I forgot to do lots of things. 

Hugs Laura! Yes, you PMd me when you received both. No matter how old your furbabies are, whether or not they are ill, etc, it always hurts. 
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

emmapaige wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:48 pm
We watched Bohemian Rhapsody last year too and although DH said he didn't want to watch it, he did anyway and liked it.

I had a nice outing yesterday with some fellow co-workers.  Probably a holiday weekend wasn't the best time to have it since quite a few people had previous plans or were out of town.  

Today has been kind of lazy.  I finished a book I was reading and went for a small walk but a neighbor said a bad storm was coming out way.  Well, I've been back in the house for an hour and it still hasn't rained.  Oh well, I'll finish my steps inside just in case.

This layout is GORGEOUS!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:07 pm
Barb, we finally watched Bohemian Rhapsody last year and loved it!  Louise, pesto sounds delicious! I only have one basil plant, so I mostly get pre-made pesto, but I do love it fresh. :)  Kristin, I hope you are out of range of the worst of the weather!

Started out cool and gorgeous here today, but is turning hot and more humid.  That will be good for tonight's local fireworks, though. There have been some years we have had to sit out in our hoodies and jeans! lol  We like to go out on our boat and watch them from the lake where we live, and float in the water on some pool noodles if it is warm enough, but it often is too chilly for that.  Trying to wear Eliza out today so she sleeps through the fireworks in her crate with the radio cranked up.  Wish us luck!  

Hope she does okay with the fireworks! It rained in town as I was picking up the girls' baked goodies, but wall to wall sunshine when I got back home. Now at almost 4pm, its dark, windy and very humid. As much as I'm tired of the rain, a thunderstorm this evening would be good. Just rain, no thunder. That would scare Penny anyways. But if its just rain, she's good.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Ran out and got the girls' their baked goodies. Christy always gives me an extra cookie since I'm coming from a distance. She's so sweet! It rained while I was in town. And it looks like it might rain here. 

The girls KNEW I had something special for them when I got home. They sniffed out those goodies pretty good! I let them sample the mini oreo cheesecake. YUMMY! They enjoyed that. They'll get the rest of the goodies throughout the week - a PB/banana muffin, apple pie turnovers, brownie bites and carob chip cookies. 

Now that they are passed out, I finished the BF sketch:

I think I can get started on another layout. Dinner is tequila lime chicken soft tacos and jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Not another layout, but another card! I chose to scraplift one of Louise's card for the Cherry Lift Challenge.

Perfect timing too, because I need to clean up, then start the poppers and chicken!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

ksimoner

Cherry Tart

Waving hi and hope you all are having a wonderful day! :)

Aztam

Cherry Bing

emmapaige wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:48 pm

well done, this is lovely!

Tam

Aztam

Cherry Bing

I finished my Vicki Boutin mini album. Sweet little things. I used a Simple Stories kit I had in my stash. I knew I exactly which pics I wanted to use. My girlfriends and I went to a Greek Monastery for a day trip in 2019. It was an oasis in the desert, so beautiful. I had done a few layouts for my monthly highlight album but I thought with all the gorgeous photos we all took and shared, a mini album would be just the thing to keep those memories. Especially, since we weren't able to do anything last year, it was fun to reminisce as I chose which photos to use for all the flips and folds.  I am signed up for another one this month, hoping to get lots of photos from a trip my son's fam took this past week.

It is so humid here my scrapbook room is the best place to be. Although I did stage a couple photos in the backyard. haha

Happy 4th everyone!

Tam

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

ksimoner wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:32 pm

Hi, back! :)  I just realized that you are online when I am going to bed. lol  That is why I never see your posts until the next day.  Hope you had a great 4th!
Laura

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

ksimoner wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:32 pm

Waving hi back to you!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:15 pm
Not another layout, but another card! I chose to scraplift one of Louise's card for the Cherry Lift Challenge.

Perfect timing too, because I need to clean up, then start the poppers and chicken!
I love the bright colors and big flower on this card Brandy!

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee