Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

ScrappyDistractions

Cherry Bing

Don't Run With Scissors **CLOSED WINNER **
Thank you to all 23 night owls who participated!  Great creative solutions for the next time you lose your scissors or your trimmer blade gives out on you!  

WINNER  IS ...... MRS FLECK    

Congratultations - I'll get yur gift card out to you today.  And everyone else will get sprinkles soon (technical issued notwithstanding  😁 )

-----------------------

I am going to start with a sorta-kinda fast scrap - you have until tonight (May 1) midnight PST so plenty of time to eat dinner, get a glass of wine and then scrap your fingers off!

Yesterday Louise (traveler) announced her No Adhesive challenge.  I am continuing that theme but this time I am taking away your scissors - they are dangerous (or can get lost in the chaos of your scrap desk if you're like me)!  No scissors, no paper trimmers, no guillotines - nothing that might cut a straight edge.  But what does that leave me?  SOOO MANY OPTIONS.  For example: 
- don't cut anything - just use scraps you already have or maybe full 6x6 paper pad sheets
- tear the paper
- use paper punches
- don't use paper at all - maybe just embelishments including project life type cards, washi, mixed media
The one exception I will make is the photo itself and one mat layer behind it - you may use scissors or paper trimmer for these.  

Rules:
  • Challenge is open to layouts and cards; both traditional and digital are OK if you can work through how to incorporate the tools piece in your digital piece
  • All projects must be new
  • No combining allowed except for the 25 Items challenge
  • All projects must be posted in the gallery and here no later than 11:59pm PST May 1 (today).  
  • PRIZE: $10 ACOT gift certificate

Here are examples I have created.  In the first I used thinner pattern paper and 'drew' lines with a wet paint brush of where I wanted the paper to tear.  I found that gave me much better control over the paper tears.  In the second I used scraps from a 6x6 paper pad hiding some holes from punching under other layers.  I also did some tearing of a strip that was too long for where I wanted to use it and then used a giant speech bubble punch for my journal cards.  In the third example I used just scraps, tags, and stickers.  In the last one I used a combination of chipboard hexagons and a hexagon punch.

Image  Image
Image  Image
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImageImage

Kayla S.

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Don't Run With Scissors Fast(ish) Scrap
love this! awesome examples!

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

This sounds like fun but I’m heading to bed to watch some TV with the hubby.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

aheatfan

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Awesome examples :)
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

ScrappyDistractions

Cherry Bing

emmapaige wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:15 pm
This sounds like fun but I’m heading to bed to watch some TV with the hubby.

Goodnight, Chris!  Thanks for joing us today

ImageImageImage

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

Awesome challenge for sure!  I will try and get this done.  
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

debraruffing

Sweet Cherry Pie

This page is for my December Daily.  When I saw the paper and Mickey embellishment I knew I wanted to use it with this photo for my 2020 December Daily album.  We missed our vacation to DIsney this Christmas because of the pandemic.  This photo is my husband and myself and our two daughters in 2000.  We would never have thought then that Covid-19 would change so many lives.  
Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict

ImageImage  ImageImageImage

ScrappyDistractions

Cherry Bing

druffing wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:59 pm

Well done!  Love how you added the enamel dots to tie in with the die cut.  Thank you so much for doing the challenge

ImageImageImage

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I’m not home so I can’t do this, but this sounds like such a fun challenge, and your examples are great.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

shoorn

Cherry Cola

Sounds like something I would like to do but taking a break tonight. 
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image

lissahope26

Cherry Garcia

I used paper scraps.  I mostly die cut tags, flowers and leaves.  I tore some pieces.  The background was already premade.  I lifted one of Lisa's layouts also.
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Cards4Ever

Cherry Picker

I needed a birthday card for my brother so I created a card for the challenge. 
https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/289869
Mandi My Blog

Amy Jo

Cherry Bing

I used scraps and lots of stickers!

I had a scrap leftover from cutting stars for another layout that I layered over a solid pink paper. I cut the photo and the mat so that they would fit the width of the green paper, then tore the bottom of the green paper to an appropriate length. I also tore other strips to layer under the green. 

Great challenge! 

ImageImageImage

ScrappyDistractions

Cherry Bing

lissahope26 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:33 pm
I used paper scraps.  I mostly die cut tags, flowers and leaves.  I tore some pieces.  The background was already premade.  I lifted one of Lisa's layouts also.

Love those colors!  Thank for doing the challenge

ImageImageImage

ScrappyDistractions

Cherry Bing

Amy Jo wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:57 pm
I used scraps and lots of stickers!

I had a scrap leftover from cutting stars for another layout that I layered over a solid pink paper. I cut the photo and the mat so that they would fit the width of the green paper, then tore the bottom of the green paper to an appropriate length. I also tore other strips to layer under the green. 

Great challenge! 

Love how you did the mat with so many layers

ImageImageImage

Teresa33

Cherry Tart

So fun to do this layout! It’s good to know that if you do lose your scissors you can still do a layout!!

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

This was so fun and inspiring!  It's a good thing it wasn't an hour, though. lol  Took me 30 minutes to find what I wanted to use!  Haha!  I used cardstock scraps, die cuts, and stickers. :)

Laura
 Image    Image         

jcsmaestra

Cherry Cola

This was fun to do. I found a perfect size of scrap cardstock for my card base. I used a word sticker and gold leaf stickers.  

Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

Here is mine.  I almost stopped as I do not like thick white borders on my diecuts... TH ink to the rescue!  

I had the 10x10 already cut so this went together pretty quick.  Thank you for the fun challenge :) 
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

ScrappyDistractions

Cherry Bing

Teresa Seaman wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:09 pm

So fun to do this layout! It’s good to know that if you do lose your scissors you can still do a layout!!

SO cool!  very clever

ImageImageImage

Return to “NSD Online Crop 2021”

Information